Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Solidarity Forever!

To Cross or Not to Cross. That is the Question

• Teachers have the right to cross "illegal" pickets.

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Illegal or not, picket lines should not be crossed. Ever.

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
Captain,
you have a right to your stance but if none of us went out then the main educational issues that have been debated and talked about for the last 2 weeks would never have been placed on the front burner...therefore probably not addressed like they hopefully will be. So you did what you thought you had to do but I take issue with you saying we all should have been there with you (teaching the kids)...because if we were then there would not be this focus put on improving the system.

Now it's up to the public to steer debate and help shape policy...teachers have done their fair share.

Fair enough, Aves. I just think, after looking at the recommendations that the government have just accepted (union hasn't quite), that this could have been done with the kids in the class. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I honestly think Mr. REady could have been brought in some time ago. I guess the irony is the fact that all the money being saved by the illegal strike is being used to subsidize the recommendations, at least according to Crook Campbell. I have never agreed with Bill 12........I guess the next thing is to get the vote over with and hopefully we'll be back in school Monday but then again........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let us know if it was worth it because, you did get paid when you crossed the line. I know that you have stated that you couldn't give a toss what your colleagues think of your decision and that you did get some support, however, judging from teachers that I have talked to, not one of them would entertain the thought of "forgive and forget" when this is all over.

It was worth it(not financially for two days) because I did what I felt was right. I didn't do it, as I have mentioned several times, to get it right up my colleagues. I have too much respect for too many of them to do that, including teachers like Aves/Skip/. As for your comment about not giving a toss about the teachers, that was poor wording. I don't care if some teachers, which they will, choose not to talk to me or look at me again. I have already talked to the teachers I will be DIRECTLY working with(department heads) and they have already said that things will be no different than before. They are mature enough to realize that I did what I felt was right. They are going to be able to move forward. If some of the puppets(again I said some) who have become so frenzied by the union rhetoric over the last couple of weeks, choose to worry more about people making decisions which were opposed to theirs, then yah, I don't give a fcuk. It seemed to become the major event of the day whether I went in to the school or not. That is pathetic. In fact, some started to make stories up that I was 'sneaking' in to the school, despite going in the front door, about 7 yards away from them. I was even informed that they may not take it as badly if I walked right through them? So they knew I was there but yet I was 'sneaking' in to the school. I wasn't aware that there was etiquette when 'crossing' and illegal picket line. My mistake. So these people who are making stories up, I don't give a **** about. For all the others, like yourself, Luch, I respect your decision to stay on the picket line, which I have said all along. I don't agree on that decision but I'm certainly not going to hold it against any of the teachers who did it because they FIRMLY believed they should be there. If they thought that they had to do it because everyone else was then you make the call on that, Luch.

Finally, Luch, I did work when I was in school for the Monday and Tuesday. I said that I didn't feel comfortable going into school on Wednesday/Thursday or today because I had not more work to do. It would have been wrong just to show up, do nothing, and collect my money. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a little uncomfortable going in to school but that was mainly due to the respect that I had for certain members of our staff and other staffs. It wasn't an easy decision because I looked at both sides of the equation but I know I made the right choice. I will move on now and hopefully other teachers will do the same because we are in this for kids after all..........

Both sides have just accepted the 'recommendations', of course, Sims RELUCTANTLY accepts. In other words, this could have been avoided if these 'recommendations' were put up well before the strike. I don't see why this could not have been done. Oh well, onwards and upwards as they say.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers Support

This solidarity sends a tear to my eye.....

Attachments

• Rangers Support.jpg
    Rangers Support.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 107

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking back through Captain Shamrocks many posts, I see he really has it in for Jinny Sims. His posts reveal am man being unhappy taking direction from a woman, and a visible minority women as well.
Welcome to the 21st Century captain. Visible minority women will hold positions of power and they will give direction to men of british ancestry. Time to change or get out of the way.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV said:
Looking back through Captain Shamrocks many posts, I see he really has it in for Jinny Sims. His posts reveal am man being unhappy taking direction from a woman, and a visible minority women as well.
Welcome to the 21st Century captain. Visible minority women will hold positions of power and they will give direction to men of british ancestry. Time to change or get out of the way.

Nice one, PV. You should do a bit of research on Sims experience with unions in England during that evil bitch Thatcher's times. You're a pathetic human being to use the 'visible minority women' card. Were you at the O.J. Simpson case? :rolleyes:

BTW, British ancestory? WTF are you on about? I think you're getting me mixed up with Guinness and Buckfast. They are British.

BTW, PV, why don't you comment on the recommendations and the fact that they could have been proposed with the kids in class. I know, try to avoid things you can't answer. GIRUY.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Both sides have just accepted the 'recommendations', of course, Sims RELUCTANTLY accepts. In other words, this could have been avoided if these 'recommendations' were put up well before the strike. I don't see why this could not have been done. Oh well, onwards and upwards as they say.
Captain,

With due respect, there is not a hope in hell that the government would have brought in a mediator without the pressure put on due to our civil disobedience. It would never have happened.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV said:
PV,

You also forgot to mention why Captain coaches women's soccer instead of men's. So he can order women around and have them under his thumb. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised you didn't call him a wife beater. :rolleyes:

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Nice one, PV. You should do a bit of research on Sims experience with unions in England during that evil bitch Thatcher's times. You're a pathetic human being to use the 'visible minority women' card. Were you at the O.J. Simpson case? :rolleyes:

You deserve the criticism. You have written nasty things about Jinny Sims such as " battle axe with a morbid look on her face". a "Nutbar Union Lader," and several times you referred to her appearance or in your words, her "mug". Thats a technique used to get people to look at her appearance. Those words would not have been used if she was a white male.

Your own words and actions reveal what you are. On Oct 6 you wrote that you would not cross the picket line, but then you did cross it. On page 9 in this thread you wrote that you would not post any more replies in this thread but then you posted 10 or 15 more. You say one thing and do something else. We might forgive that fault in your character, but crossing a picket line set up by your fellow teachers reveals your contempt for other teachers.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV said:
You deserve the criticism. You have written nasty things about Jinny Sims such as " battle axe with a morbid look on her face". a "Nutbar Union Lader," and several times you referred to her appearance or in your words, her "mug". Thats a technique used to get people to look at her appearance. Those words would not have been used if she was a white male.

Bullshit. Did you see the photo of TheRob? He'd have just as ugly a mug if he were a single black female, or a closet dwelling Chinese transvestite.

BTW TheRob...sorry I couldn't make it out to the Woodlot for that 11:00 ride. Had some work related issues to clear up. I can be at the base of Seymour by 3:00 if you're still interested???

You're really pressing hard, eh PV? The way I see it, Captain followed his better judgment. He never agreed to the strike, and has always maintained the union is under poor leadership. Is a Shepard who guides a flock of sheep into a wolve's den really a good Shepard?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS, therob... I need some help.

How can I print off the photo of you boys to send to Mayor Corrigan so he'll know who to blame for today's shut down of Burnaby? Just kidding... you guys will more likely get civic commendations for agreeing to give a days pay to the City for its many projects. Your cheques could put benches in every city park. If you stay out long enough there could be enough money for another new turf field. The possibilities are endless.

Alternately, this is good evidence for the City to present to the arbitrator who is deciding if the illegal workers walking is cause for dismissal of a few select unionists.

BTW, what are you picketing... a parking lot??? lol....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

If it was a guy with the same approach or resolve I might call him a Nutbar union leader. I might also refer to HIS morbid look on HIS mug. Mug is not just a term for a lady, ya know. Look at HOS's mug on that photo posted. He kind of looks like Gino Odjick, doesn't he? Anyway, you'll have to try harder because I have said all along I respect other teachers' decision(most of them) but mine happens to be different. GIRUY

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
HOS, therob... I need some help.

BTW, what are you picketing... a parking lot??? lol....

In fact, they were....

I found five of them seperated from the the rest of the picketers in Burnaby City Hal Parking Lot.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suspect that they didn't want to be seen my management looking for sacrificial lambs to discipline. They are sheep who walk out for no reason other than the gov't did it to some other union (not them). What more reason do you need to give up your pay cheques and get a long weekend.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are you saying about TheRob, that he's a lamb, a sheep? If you ask me he's more like a Koala bear the way he moves all slow and sleepily all the time. The world could use more sacrificial Koalas as we are running out of lamb. Pretty soon all we'll have left is sacrificial mutton and, boy, do I hate mutton.

What's all this strike stuff about anyway? I thought every Canadian wanted a home with a white picket fence. I'll take the one pictured above although it looks a little shabby to be honest.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
He kind of looks like Gino Odjick, doesn't he?

That was Gino, he is out on the line supporting the teachers for the NHLPA and all the pro's that never passed Grade 10, he is still at it with Ricky, and may get a pass if the strike drags on.

What comes around goes around for HOS, the kids have set up a picket line at the house and I am now not able to attend the Mighty Rangers match tonight. Can't cross the line or then I will just be a silly Celtic supporter, full-time off coarse.

hos

Took in the Rally at the PNE today, was great to hear Jinny and the other CUPE leaders talk about this fight with Gordo and the Liberals.
Solidarity Forever, I even sang with Joey Shithead

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone hear De Jong and Sims on NW with John Mccomb?

Mccomb kept asking De Jong if class sizes would be written into the school act while De Jong contnuously tip toed around the answer. Mccomb kept cornering him and said, "Mike...it's a "yes" or "no" answer. Yes or No?"

De jong then went on a verbal rant. Two words he did not use were "yes" or "no."

After the interview, the government was furious and told NW that they expected a written explanation of why the interview transpired the way it did. Yes, the Liberals wanted it in writing...can you see the irony?

They also noted to NW that their Ministers would not be available to comment for NW reporters or talk show hosts for an indefinite period. Mccomb was in compete disbelief.

Welcome to the world of the Liberals, Mr. Mccomb. I wonder if you still believe that the Liberals will do as they say.

Think I'll be voting "no" tomorrow, and it's not because I think Keeper isn't worth $190 per day.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That won't last long. Snubbing NW would be political suicide. McComb has always been a good interviewer.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0