Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So Trade Luongo asap........

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again, the media has brainwashed the so-called "true" canuck fans. How do you turn your back against our Number 1 goalie?

Won a gold medal, yes the team in front of him was phenomenal but come on, semifinals, pavol demitra had a goal on his stick to send it to OT if not for Luongo so before we say it was just the team in front of him.

Game 7 against chicago, patrick sharp could've ended the game in OT but lou got across the crease and made the save and we went back and scored.

Stanley Cup finals...bobby lou with 2 shutouts, our offence did f all in the stanley cup finals but we only bash luongo.

Yes he may be mentally weak but at the end of the day hes on this team as a number 1 and you cant just abandon him. Maybe all he needs is the fans' support to make him mentally strong. Booing him at home games isnt helping much.

Schneider is a good goalie but after 4 games everyone thinks he's a superstar. If anyone is going to bring us a stanley cup, its going to be Luongo.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again, the media has brainwashed the so-called "true" canuck fans. How do you turn your back against our Number 1 goalie?

Won a gold medal, yes the team in front of him was phenomenal but come on, semifinals, pavol demitra had a goal on his stick to send it to OT if not for Luongo so before we say it was just the team in front of him.

Game 7 against chicago, patrick sharp could've ended the game in OT but lou got across the crease and made the save and we went back and scored.

Stanley Cup finals...bobby lou with 2 shutouts, our offence did f all in the stanley cup finals but we only bash luongo.

Yes he may be mentally weak but at the end of the day hes on this team as a number 1 and you cant just abandon him. Maybe all he needs is the fans' support to make him mentally strong. Booing him at home games isnt helping much.

Schneider is a good goalie but after 4 games everyone thinks he's a superstar. If anyone is going to bring us a stanley cup, its going to be Luongo.
That's just his jersey number.....as you were.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

So your the one who buys all the life size Luongo posters from 7-11

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Yes he may be mentally weak but at the end of the day hes on this team as a number 1 and you cant just abandon him. Maybe all he needs is the fans' support to make him mentally strong."

He had all support he could possibly have but he lost it because he appeared to be a very arrogant person.
Now, if you are arrogant, if you make that much money, and if you are outplayed so badly by Tim Thomas during the Stanley Cup Finals, it is quite logical that you would not have 100% fans' support anymore.

By the way, Canucks are stuck with Luongo for the first six years of his contract (no trade clause) so it is pointless to talk about the trade. The only way he leaves Vancouver is if he asks the club to be traded but who would be ready to take his remaining 11 years!?

At the end, Luongo is a good goalie and nothing is better for him than this competition with Schneider. I am absolutely sure that Canucks would beat Bruins if AV had the balls to play Schneider more during the play-offs. Not because he is better than Luongo but because Bruins found a way to get under Luongo's skin and once that happens it is better to use the other goalie. The "famous pumping the tires" comment should have been enough for AV to bench Luongo.

I always blamed more AV for that loss against Bruins than Luongo.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of teams would take him, but just because his cap hit will soon be higher than his salary, and they'll need the hit to make the cap floor. But a trade still isn't happening.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of teams would take him, but just because his cap hit will soon be higher than his salary, and they'll need the hit to make the cap floor. But a trade still isn't happening.

His actual salary isn't lower than his cap hit untill 2018-19 when it drops to 3 and half or something like that. Up until then it is 6 million plus ans his cap hit is 5.3. Go to cap geek for the details.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Yes he may be mentally weak but at the end of the day hes on this team as a number 1 and you cant just abandon him. Maybe all he needs is the fans' support to make him mentally strong."

He had all support he could possibly have but he lost it because he appeared to be a very arrogant person.
Now, if you are arrogant, if you make that much money, and if you are outplayed so badly by Tim Thomas during the Stanley Cup Finals, it is quite logical that you would not have 100% fans' support anymore.

By the way, Canucks are stuck with Luongo for the first six years of his contract (no trade clause) so it is pointless to talk about the trade. The only way he leaves Vancouver is if he asks the club to be traded but who would be ready to take his remaining 11 years!?

At the end, Luongo is a good goalie and nothing is better for him than this competition with Schneider. I am absolutely sure that Canucks would beat Bruins if AV had the balls to play Schneider more during the play-offs. Not because he is better than Luongo but because Bruins found a way to get under Luongo's skin and once that happens it is better to use the other goalie. The "famous pumping the tires" comment should have been enough for AV to bench Luongo.

I always blamed more AV for that loss against Bruins than Luongo.

So what leads you to believe he is arrogant? He has been painted by a brush by the media here that he has a massive ego. I want my goalie who is getting that kind of money to be arrogant, maybe not a big ego, but if his arrogance is a sign of confidence I'm ok with that. The fact of the matter is that Luongo's numbers since coming to Vancouver are great, and its un deniable. It is typical of Vancouver fans to go after his head, and don't get me wrong I think Schneider should be playing, but Luongo deserves the right to play himself out of the slow start. He has proven he can do this. Schneiders run won't last forever, and there are many examples around the league of young goaltenders being given large contracts and praise for small samples of work (Steve Mason, Halak etc). So before we start going crazy after Schneider is closing in on about a half of seasons worth of work, remember who has a resume that is MUCH longer and consists of winning. His acquisition led in part to the Canucks being annual contender, and not just a 1 round team.

The fact of the matter is the Canucks scored 8 goals in 7 games, when is that ever going to win you a cup? Tim Thomas did out play him, but the Canucks were simply bullied in every aspect of the game. Although the Sedins had a point productive post season, as seen in the past when the tough gets going they disappear (or have Marchand pound a Sedin(s) face with no push back once so ever). The inability to execute on the powerplay which this team was designed to do is one of the biggest reasons for failure. Luongo had 2 shutouts in the final, and if he had he a stellar game 7 with goal support, he may have been the conn smythe winner, not Thomas.

Also teams that are looking to hit the cap floor maybe interested in his services. As ridiculously long as that contract is, the hit of $5 million isn't entirely ludicrous. Yes he has to agree to it, but hypothetically if he has to play second fiddle to Schneider, and endure the Vancouver media it isn't out of the realm of possibility. The package to get him would be good, because statistically you are arguably getting one of the game's elite goaltenders. My two cents on the whole fiasco, should be an interesting 60+ plus games.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
i bet even the luongo diehards are starting to question it

schneiders 5th start in a row, canucks 5th win in a row.....what was it 43 saves and now only 4 goals in those 5 games.......

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luongo was 3-1 before being hurt
Schneids is 5-1 since then

I predict Luongo plays tomorrow night...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't be silly Regs Luongo has never in his career put together a string of victories in the regular season the way Schneider has.

I think if we can get two goalies going strong into the playoffs we would all be happy.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe (without checking the numbers on cap geek) our cap hit for two goalies this year is 6.2 million. Tell me how many teams are getting better value than the Vancouver?Forget about the teams that have goalies overpreforming at the moment they will come back to earth soon enough. Schnieder is a steal this year and Luongo at 5.3 is not unreasonable considering other goalie contracts.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally I just want Luongo to face the music every now and then and own up to his lack luster games at times. That's it I think for me! He needs to be better with the media and what he says as it always sounds like he went to media school every time he talks. If he'd just say "I played poorly tonight and never gave my team a chance to win" I'd respect that and be on his team again.

That and he looks like fonzie with his hair.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0