Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So Trade Luongo asap........

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Salo being used in the same sentence as Lidstrom is like Comparing Apples to Giraffes.

One has 7 Norris trophys in the last decade, the other has never been nominated for one, let alone an NHL All star game nomination, or even being named a first or second team all star.

The only things they have in Common is that they are both oldtimers, both have each only had one NHL Season with a - total in their +/- and they are both from Europe. That's where the comparisons should stop.

Give Me Strength.

~Let'sCompareDiegoMaradonnaWithAndyCarrolWhileWe'reAtIt :rolleyes:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Salo being used in the same sentence as Lidstrom is like Comparing Apples to Giraffes.

One has 7 Norris trophys in the last decade, the other has never been nominated for one, let alone an NHL All star game nomination, or even being named a first or second team all star.

The only things they have in Common is that they are both oldtimers, both have each only had one NHL Season with a - total in their +/- and they are both from Europe. That's where the comparisons should stop.

Give Me Strength.

~Let'sCompareDiegoMaradonnaWithAndyCarrolWhileWe'reAtIt :rolleyes:
Or yourself compared to jack the lads cough !bored!

Sid

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Um they both play the same style of game and are not physical dmen is what we're getting at JBN. If Salo was durable and put up the same points he'd probably still not receive anything because we know the western conference players rarely get noticed unless they are head and shoulders above everyone. I figured you being Mr. Hockey would realize they are similar players. Is Salo as good as Lidstrom, no. Is he close or as I said earlier a poor man's version, yes he is. Face it Salo from day 1 that he arrived here has been steady, something most dmen are not.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
term, I'll give you that- but it's slightly more than hyperbole to compare the two on any level whatsoever imho... position style or otherwise.

The fact remains that Salo, as "steady" or "effective" as he is, is still as much as a few months to a season away from retiring, is injury prone, and should not be playing the 20+ minutes a game he currently is. If he was able to play less minutes he could contribute more for longer potentially extending his injury-blighted career.

To go back on topic, sort of..., my hope is that the Canucks can get a depth dman or two even, to bump the normal duty minutes of Salo's down as well as permanently ridding us of the horror-show that is Aaron Vign...err...Rome and Andrew Alberts.

I would prioritize that ahead of trading away one of our goalies or adding a top 6 forward.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little slow at work to day so I decided to look up a few stats for the Luongo bashers who say Thomas is a better goalie than Luo.

Loungo 32 years of age

regular season 709 GP 330-W 279-L 47-OT 2.52 GA 9.19SA%
playoff record 59 GP 32-W27-L 2.5-GA 917 SA%

Thomas 37 years of age
regular season 353 GP 183-W 112-L 44 OT 2.46 GA 923 SA%
playoff record 43 GP 26-W 17-L 2.06 GA >935 SA%

If you remove Thomas's from 06-07 on making him the same age as Luo now.
regular season 108 GP 45-W 43-L 14 OT
playoffs 0 GP

Now I know Thomas has a stanley cup ring but to be fair to Luongo you have to give him 5 more years to make that comparison and Loungo has an olympic gold metal now that Thomas will most likely never get. To say Luongo can never win a cup I wonder what people said about Thomas 5 years ago.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little slow at work to day so I decided to look up a few stats for the Luongo bashers who say Thomas is a better goalie than Luo.

Loungo 32 years of age

regular season 709 GP 330-W 279-L 47-OT 2.52 GA 9.19SA%
playoff record 59 GP 32-W27-L 2.5-GA 917 SA%

Thomas 37 years of age
regular season 353 GP 183-W 112-L 44 OT 2.46 GA 923 SA%
playoff record 43 GP 26-W 17-L 2.06 GA >935 SA%

If you remove Thomas's from 06-07 on making him the same age as Luo now.
regular season 108 GP 45-W 43-L 14 OT
playoffs 0 GP

Now I know Thomas has a stanley cup ring but to be fair to Luongo you have to give him 5 more years to make that comparison and Loungo has an olympic gold metal now that Thomas will most likely never get. To say Luongo can never win a cup I wonder what people said about Thomas 5 years ago.

I've never seen a tim hortons that wasnt busy

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thomas also has two Vezina trophies in the last 3 years and and a Conn Smyth. He isn't out of the running to do the same this year, although there are quite a few more likely vezina winners this year. Luongo has been bordering on "great" the last few months but he is still 17th in GAA and save percentage. Schneider is 6th and 10th, for the record.

Luongo is a good number 1 but I just prefer Schneiders consistency and his superior lateral movement. Plain and simple Luongo isn't as good of an athlete. Schneider is also very mentally tough, red heads often are after years of abuse on the playground for being genetic freaks. Just ask KNVB why do you think he's such a kunt. I agree Scneiders hasn't had enough body of work and I personally want to roll with both. Against Chicago we need schneider because those boys get in Luongo's head. When you have a number one that is either great or bordering on a 8 rinks div 5 tender you need a reliable backup.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thomas also has two Vezina trophies in the last 3 years and and a Conn Smyth.

So nothing before the age of 32?

Like I said it was a little slow at work so I thought I'd look at the stats a little closer. I agree with keeping both goalies and I am sure you will see a shorter leash on Luongo this year in the playoffs. My point as always is most goalies have hot streaks and times they struggle, lets just hope one of our goalies is playing like they are now come playoff time.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tim Thomas needs to keep his Fcuking mouth shut..

what an idiot

Bruins

"Every sperm is sacred....every sperm is great....when a sperm gets wasted...God gets quite irate...."

Cheese and Crackers Thomas, you're a goalie for crying out loud! Shut up and play hockey!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think this thread title needs to change to "So Trade Thomas asap"

Indirectly calling Obama a Nazi?

Im no expert but it cant be a good thing when you make your living in a historically dominant democratic state and your colors reek of center/right
conservatism..

Hopefully he doesnt land in Chicago

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no problem having a 9 million $( or whatever it is) a year guy on the bench if Schneider plays and wins us a cup:cool:

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
what the hell are u 2 on about?

Clearly you weren't watching the same game

Bieksa was player of the game last night. First star!!!!

he was just wearing the wrong uniform

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are right sir but I was talking cap hit as that is all that really matters.

I think AV has to keep Bieksa with Hamhuis because he was a nightmare before we got Hamhuis and he was a nightmare when Hamhuis got hurt in the playoffs last year and was a nightmare last night without him. With Hamhuis he can contribute but without him it doesn't matter who is in net we are oin trouble.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0