Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Senior Boy Soccer 2008

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too much time on your hands.

Yeah he's a teacher!:eek:

Guy's I have been following this thread somewhat. My son plays for a AA team in NV, he is actually a Jnr, but has been playing tons with the Snr team. They have qualified for the Provincials. We are a small Catholic school in NV, and getting ifo out of them, would be easier if I went thru the Vatican.

Typical teen,all I can get out off my kid when asked when are the BC's, is soon and I get to miss school. I have figured out it's Nov 16-19th. Is there a website for it.

Any info, from those in the know, would be great! Thanks in advance!

Apparently this is STA Saints first time at the BC's in 14 yrs for soccer. Since we went AA. They have been there as A before. Didn't know that existed

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah he's a teacher!:eek:

Guy's I have been following this thread somewhat. My son plays for a AA team in NV, he is actually a Jnr, but has been playing tons with the Snr team. They have qualified for the Provincials. We are a small Catholic school in NV, and getting ifo out of them, would be easier if I went thru the Vatican.

Typical teen,all I can get out off my kid when asked when are the BC's, is soon and I get to miss school. I have figured out it's Nov 16-19th. Is there a website for it.

Any info, from those in the know, would be great! Thanks in advance!

Apparently this is STA Saints first time at the BC's in 14 yrs for soccer. Since we went AA. They have been there as A before. Didn't know that existed

There is a website, Cside.......I'll try and dig it up right now.....

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little history :D

AAA Boys Soccer Championship MVP

1982 Rod McKay (North Delta)
1983 Warren Wiebe (North Delta)
1984 Steve Burns (Richmond)
1985 Pat Rhodes (Nanaimo District)
1986 David Florvento (Sutherland)
1987 John Pitts (North Delta)
1988 Mike Dodd (Argyle)
1990 Steve Nash (Mount Douglas)
1991 Mike Evans (Centennial)
1992 Dave Griffith (Mount Douglas)
1993 Greg St. Germain (Centennial)
1994 Satixh Kumar (North Delta)
1995 Craig Parmentor (Richmond)
1996 Alfredo Valente (Alpha)
1997 Andrew Hooker (North Delta)
1998 Raphael Demarteau (Mount Douglas)
2000 Meysam Soltani (Carson Graham)
2001 Riley O’Neill (Timberline)
2002 Nigel Marples (North Delta)
2003 Andrew Proctor (Alpha)
2004 Harimran Dhaliwal (Princess Margaret)
2005 Colin Streckmann (Burnaby Central)
2006 Ben Soderstrom (Handsworth)
2007 Robert Odenwald (Port Moody)

Seems like yesterday for Burnsie & Spada :D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That player from 1994 was Tish Kumar.

We had a great team with a bunch of good kids. Aaron Kaey, Jeff Skinner, Peter Berkaholtz,Danny Kirinsik.

Down 4 - 1 to Centenial in the second half of the Semi's....Came back to win 5-4. (That was Jeff Clark and the boys)

To much snow in the Lower Mainland so they had to move it out to White Rock that year.

Good Times!

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of good old N.D. kids on the list Coach!!! Piper ('82) and Pittsy ('87) sure had long careers in men's soccer :rolleyes:

It's great to see that North Delta is now a Double A school and have all that tradition washed away forever.............:mad::mad::mad:

Go Huskies :(

SF

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFox, they are still a AAA school......they've just been weaker over the last lot of years.....

Our boys had an outstanding tournament........finishing in 5th place and not losing a game. We had 1 win and 2 draws in the round-robin which was the same as Handsworth and Tamanawis. Goals for and against were all the same between the 3 of us so we ended up having to have a penalty shootout against Handsworth............which we lost
5 - 4. :( We beat Point Grey 3 - 0, tied Tamanawis 1 - 1, then tied Handsworth(who went on to win the tournament) 0 - 0. We beat Lord Byng 2 - 1 and then defeated Riverside 4 - 3 today. Outstanding work by our boys who can say they were only 1 of two teams in the tournament who went undefeated. :D

Handsworth beat Kits in the final 2 - 1 but were the much better team and were unlucky to not bag a few more goals.

Wildcat

Nov 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's kind of dissapointing that Tamanawis came third out of that group
because when it went to penalties they beat both Handsworth and SDSS
i think that it should have been us in that final but due to some rule, it goes down to goal difference and goals allowed before it goes to penalties.
stupid for even having the penalties then, might as well jus give us the point for the tie and leave it at that

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's kind of dissapointing that Tamanawis came third out of that group
because when it went to penalties they beat both Handsworth and SDSS
i think that it should have been us in that final but due to some rule, it goes down to goal difference and goals allowed before it goes to penalties.
stupid for even having the penalties then, might as well jus give us the point for the tie and leave it at that

I agree. It's crazy having rules in place. They shouldn't be followed.

South Delta was disappointed to give up the goal against Tamanawis as it was their only chance on goal. I assume Tamanawis won their remaining two games since they should have been in the final?

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's kind of dissapointing that Tamanawis came third out of that group because when it went to penalties they beat both Handsworth and SDSS

So, if I understand you correctly, you were in a three way tie with Handsworth and SDSS, beat them both in PK's (best head-to-head), yet they did not take this into consideration? There must be more to this, no?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, if I understand you correctly, you were in a three way tie with Handsworth and SDSS, beat them both in PK's (best head-to-head), yet they did not take this into consideration? There must be more to this, no?

If a game is tied at the end of regulation, there is a penalty shootout which would determine which team would go through IF there are only two teams. If a 3 way tie occurs, then the penalty shootouts become moot and the goal difference in the games between the 3 teams is looked at. In this case, we all tied. The next tie-breaker is goals against. Tamanawis gave up 2 goals and Handsworth and us gave up 1 goal. That is why Tamanawis finished 3rd. Handsworth moved on based on them beating us in the penalty shootout.........

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If a game is tied at the end of regulation, there is a penalty shootout which would determine which team would go through IF there are only two teams. If a 3 way tie occurs, then the penalty shootouts become moot and the goal difference in the games between the 3 teams is looked at. In this case, we all tied. The next tie-breaker is goals against. Tamanawis gave up 2 goals and Handsworth and us gave up 1 goal. That is why Tamanawis finished 3rd. Handsworth moved on based on them beating us in the penalty shootout.........

Interesting....Thanks Cap'n! Personally, I think based on the fact they won both shootouts, Tammy got the short end of the stick. But Freddy is a buddy of mine, so I am happy for him. I think that is 2 championships in 3? years for Handsworth.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Dial...Freddie is a great guy and I'm really happy for him.......and it is 2 in 3 years.

As for Tamanawis getting the short end of the stick, I don't think so. They played an ineligible player the first game after the tournament told them the couldn't....

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, congrats to Mr. Torres for the win. Classy guy who deserves it. Now, if he can get fit again and play with us...

Spectator66

Nov 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Dial...Freddie is a great guy and I'm really happy for him.......and it is 2 in 3 years.

As for Tamanawis getting the short end of the stick, I don't think so. They played an ineligible player the first game after the tournament told them the couldn't....

Shamrock, I think that you have your info wrong. Tamanawis did not play and ineligible player during the game vs handsworth. The player only played when the commision said that he was allowed. He recieved two yellows during a game in the fraser valley playdowns. He sat out a game that was forfeited by the other team. A forgeited game is a game played thus the commision was in agreement. A team has an obligation to play every game for a provincial berth. So Tamanawis did get the short end of the stick. I like to route for the underdog. I saw this whole thing go down. The lesser team advanced to the finals.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0