Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Senior Boy Soccer 2008

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe it's the coaching :eek:

Seriously though Highschool sports is so hit and miss, I know at North Delta we went from winning(?) provincials in track to not having a single person qualify, in one year, it's all how the school promotes the sport. All about participation rate. And of course the raw population of the school, Centenial is HUGE, ND used to be...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not doubting your coaching ability Captain because from your results between the mens and womens teams you are clearly quite good but are players from other districts coming to play for South Delta because of the soccer program. I mean honestly the only thing decent South Delta ever produced was splashdown. I know on the metro team my year we only had one player from South Delta and their youth teams were terrible. Where is this endless supply of talent coming from?

Bulljive,

In the boys case, the group we had the previous two years was a freak group. They all trained together when they were younger with Bart Choufour and their skills developed quicker than most. High school soccer is all about how quickly you can bring the different kids together in a short time. This year's group is nowhere near as strong as last year's group and it also happens to be a weaker league this year. All you can do is try and prepare the kids in a short time. If they buy into what we try to encourage in terms of work ethic and defending, you can usually be competitive. We do not get players coming here for soccer, that is for sure.

In the girls case, we just have good athletes to work with and all the best players want to come and tryout for the school team. It wasn't that way 12 years ago. It took time but now we seem to be getting the best athletes out to try for the team. Last year, we had 3 players playing on the team who didn't play organized soccer and two of them were starters. If you have speed on your team, you can be competitive in the girls game and we have been very fortunate to have that. We've always been the smallest team on the field but usually over the last lot of years, there haven't been many who have been quicker.

Our boys team will have a very tough time in the Valleys this year and we would be surprised to be honest, if we made Provincials. We weren't surprised the last couple of years because we expected to make it but that isn't the case this year. It should be fun anyway.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN,

The Provincial rankings will be out this Thursday again. :)

Those are the Fraser Valley seedings......but I couldn't be arsed doing the second 8.

Here are the first round of games......

Game #1
Princess Margaret @ Charles Best @ 3:30

Game #2
LA Matheson @ Sardis @ 3:30

Game #3
NDSS vs Centennial @ Gates Park @ 3:15

Game #4
Fleetwood Park @ Chilliwack @ 3:30

Game #5
Riverside @ Enver Creek @ 3:30

Game #6
Port Moody @ Tamanawis @ 3:30

Game #7
Abbotsford vs Kwantlen Park @ TBA @ 3:30 (Bill Haworth will be contacting Walter, the ref allocator, the Abbotsford coach and Ken Strain on Monday morning with a location for the game)

Game #8
Lord Tweedsmuir vs SDSS @ Winskill Park @ 3:30

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 2 Lord Tweedsmuir 0

DREADFUL game of football.............:(

We now play Abbotsford won pumped Kwantlen Park 3 - 0. This will be a very tough test for us......but hopefully we'll have the 3 guys who weren't available today....

4-2-3-1 Devils. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN,

The Provincial rankings will be out this Thursday again. :)

Those are the Fraser Valley seedings......but I couldn't be arsed doing the second 8.

Here are the first round of games......

Game #1
Princess Margaret 2 @ Charles Best 5 @ 3:30

Game #2
LA Matheson 2 @ Sardis 1 @ 3:30

Game #3
NDSS 1 vs Centennial 3 @ Gates Park @ 3:15

Game #4
Fleetwood Park 2 @ Chilliwack 3 @ 3:30

Game #5
Riverside 1 @ Enver Creek 3 @ 3:30

Game #6
Port Moody 0 @ Tamanawis 3 @ 3:30

Game #7
Abbotsford 3 vs Kwantlen Park 0 @ TBA @ 3:30 (Bill Haworth will be contacting Walter, the ref allocator, the Abbotsford coach and Ken Strain on Monday morning with a location for the game)

Game #8
Lord Tweedsmuir 0 vs SDSS 2 @ Winskill Park @ 3:30

Updated scores.....

Go Devils

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Matheson does not + Whalley.

Guildford Park, and Kwantlen Senior/West Whalley have that all wrapped up.

Matheson = Royal Heights and Cedar Hills.

You betta recognize!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 3 Abbotsford 0

We scored 3 goals in the first 20 minutes and defended very well the rest of the way.

Charles Best 4 LA Matheson 0

Enver Creek 2 Tamanawis 1 (shootout)

Don't know who won between Chilliwack and Centennial but I'm guessing Centennial

Semi-finals

South Delta vs. Enver Creek

Charles Best vs. Centennial/Chilliwack

We've qualified for the Provincials, which is great for another couple of days off school. :D

Go Devils

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Updated scores and games to come next week......

GAMES FOR OCT 29

Game #9
Princess Margaret 1 @ Sardis 2 @ 3:30

Game #10
Fleetwood 1 @ NDSS 2 @ 3:30

Game #11
Riverside 2 @ Port Moody 0 @ 3:30

Game #12 Lord Tweedsmuir 0 @ Kwantlen Park 4 @ 3:30

Game #13
LA Matheson 0 @ Charles Best 4 @ 3:30

Game #14
Centennial 5(so) @ Chilliwack 4 @ 3:30