Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Senior Boy Soccer 2008

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we are a completely new team this year and will have a small chance of making Provincials but you never know. We lost 12 players from last year's silver medalists so our work is going to be cut out for us to make the Provincials. Time will tell.

The league started last week with a 2 - 0 win over North Delta. We scored both goals in the last two minutes of the game so needless to say, it was a tight game. :)

Today we beat Princess Margaret 5 - 0, which was surprising, but at the same time we didn't really know much about them as they're new into our league this year. Hopefully we can make the top 4 and get into the Valley 'group stages' this year as the format is completely different........for the worse in my opinion, but that's life.

Go Devils

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we are a completely new team this year and will have a small chance of making Provincials but you never know. We lost 12 players from last year's silver medalists so our work is going to be cut out for us to make the Provincials. Time will tell.

The league started last week with a 2 - 0 win over North Delta. We scored both goals in the last two minutes of the game so needless to say, it was a tight game. :)

Today we beat Princess Margaret 5 - 0, which was surprising, but at the same time we didn't really know much about them as they're new into our league this year. Hopefully we can make the top 4 and get into the Valley 'group stages' this year as the format is completely different........for the worse in my opinion, but that's life.

Go Devils
its unfortunate that wasn't the same princess margaret team when we won the 05 provincials...it could have been a much different game

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
its unfortunate that wasn't the same princess margaret team when we won the 05 provincials...it could have been a much different game

You're probably right, JimmyJones.......but I would have taken our South Delta 08 team who lost on penalties in the final over that Princess Margaret team.......A mythical match-up which would have been won by the Devils. ;)

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're probably right, JimmyJones.......but I would have taken our South Delta 08 team who lost on penalties in the final over that Princess Margaret team.......A mythical match-up which would have been won by the Devils. ;)
it would have been one hell of a game i could guarantee it...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standings
GP W L D GF GA Pts

SDSS 6 6 0 0 14 1 18
Tamanawis 7 6 1 0 33 11 18
P.M. 7 5 2 0 11 9 15
NDSS 7 4 2 0 16 11 15
Elgin 6 3 3 0 11 16 9
Seaquam 7 2 4 1 8 15 7
Semiahmoo 7 2 5 0 10 23 6
DSS 6 0 5 1 10 22 1

With two games left for us and one for Tamanawis (against us), there is still a lot to play for in terms of positioning. We can finish no worse than second but it is actually better finishing third this year............:confused: thanks to the wonderful new Champions League format to be used in the Valleys. :(

Tamanawis pounded Semi 11 - 3 today so we are going to have a hell of a time trying to keep the ball out of the net against them..........they've scored 33 now.........

5 - 4 - 1 is looking pretty good about now......:D Or a Wattenacio 4 - 1 - 4 - 1

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We play Tamanawis tomorrow at Winskill Turf and then Delta on Tuesday at Holly Park.

We could be the worst 6 - 0 team ever...........:D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
cheers. will try to make it out to one of them. might bust out my 1993 umbro SDSS sundevils jersey that i never gave back!

you know... the one that matches your checkered shorts.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cheers. will try to make it out to one of them. might bust out my 1993 umbro SDSS sundevils jersey that i never gave back!

you know... the one that matches your checkered shorts.

Those checkered shorts are a thing of the past, m8...........I have new Nike refereeing shorts and the checkered shorts have been somewhat......retired. Only use them to have wanks in now.......might be a bit too much information but that's life.

Go Devils.......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 2 Tamanawis 0

The best performance of the year by the Devils........and we did well with the 4 - 2 - 3 - 1. :D They have a couple of talented players but had big gaps in the backline which we exposed several times......could have been more but wasn't. That's the league clinched for the 3rd year in a row and we're hoping to be undefeated during those 3 league campaigns with a win or draw against Delta on Tuesday.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We (Westview Secondary) lost 4-1 to Charles Best tonight. 1-0 at the half but missing our stud forward ment that we were always going to be on our heals.

C. Best look pretty good as they finished our competitive North District undefeated and should be good competition for any team in the playoffs.

Captain,

When your playoff schedule comes out (we won't be there!) will you post it? It's not like I have enough time and don't watch enough games but I wouldn't mind following the proceeding and see a game or two.

Cheers

DJ

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We (Westview Secondary) lost 4-1 to Charles Best tonight. 1-0 at the half but missing our stud forward ment that we were always going to be on our heals.

C. Best look pretty good as they finished our competitive North District undefeated and should be good competition for any team in the playoffs.

Captain,

When your playoff schedule comes out (we won't be there!) will you post it? It's not like I have enough time and don't watch enough games but I wouldn't mind following the proceeding and see a game or two.

Cheers

DJ

No problem, DJ. We will probably end up with Centennial in our pool and I know they are a good team, so Best must be very strong. We played them last year and they were young but we had a very difficult time with them and we were a lot better last year than this year, so it will be extremely difficult for us to get out of the Valleys to be honest.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am sorry Capt, Sham but Seaquam of 04' will be the best Fraser Valley team ever.

Undefeated. Winning the Fraser Valley final 8-2.

Never heard of that team, as Provincials are usually what matter. How did you guys do in the Provincials?

I would put up last year's SD team against most of the recent teams who have won Provincial titles over the last 10 years and I'm pretty confident it would have done very well against them. Congratulations on the Fraser Valley final win. That score is pretty impressive for a final. Who did you play?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never heard of that team, as Provincials are usually what matter. How did you guys do in the Provincials?

I would put up last year's SD team against most of the recent teams who have won Provincial titles over the last 10 years and I'm pretty confident it would have done very well against them. Congratulations on the Fraser Valley final win. That score is pretty impressive for a final. Who did you play?

That was the year seaquam had Angus burke and Rizal playing as seniors I believe.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 0 South Delta 4

Played today without our best player, who might be gone for the Valleys thanks to a diving header at training yesterday. His shoulder is messed up and he couldn't play today, with 3 other players going to some music field trip in Seattle. Delta was not a strong team and the score reflected this.

In the last two seasons, the team has scored 60 goals in league play and given up 2 while posting an 18 - 0 - 0 record. That's not bad. :) But now the REAL teams come into play when we start the Valleys next week.

Go Devils

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not doubting your coaching ability Captain because from your results between the mens and womens teams you are clearly quite good but are players from other districts coming to play for South Delta because of the soccer program. I mean honestly the only thing decent South Delta ever produced was splashdown. I know on the metro team my year we only had one player from South Delta and their youth teams were terrible. Where is this endless supply of talent coming from?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0