Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are you on about!? They got screwed, what do you want us to say!? They were poor calls...FFS, these things happen.

Captain, you are losing it, and getting really bitter these days, I'm not on the wind up here.

When we complain that we play today, then Wedensday, then Saturday, then Monday, then wednesday....everyone stands up and leaves...nobody wants to talk about that save Gers Support....and everyone else in the football world.

What are we going to complain about today!? FFS The SFA, The SPL, and the level of officiating in The Small Nation of People is appalling at best.

The Gers got the points today-deservedly or not, what can you do about it now,

do you not come to expect these things?

Dick Advocaat has come out and blasted the SFA and SPL for not moving more matches for Rangers, and called the decision laughable.

Nobody is sweeping anything here under the rug I don't think.... We probably deserevd to drop at least two of the points today....

How long until everyone comes out screaming Mike McCurry is an Orange Protestant Mason Bastage I wonder....

IGuessI'mACnutLoyal. ;)

Always cheated eh?

I hate cheaters. I don't need to explain anything else especially when it is that blatant. I'm sure he'll have no problem at church tomorrow.....honest man like that.........the rest of what you typed is the usual shite.....as for bitter? Hardly bitter.........family is great, the school team just qualified for Provincials, merge between Club Ireland and Richmond United......things are going great. I hate cheaters. Have I made that clear?

JBN, thoughts on the decisions? Cousins head butt was good too. As a referee myself, I don't see how a guy could be SO obviously biased. These weren't blown calls........these were outright examples of cheating because Rangers CAN'T drop any points at this time. It would fcuk everything up.....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
When did I dispute that Captain?

McCurry Was terrible, there are no excuses...We got a gift today, but along a long enough timeline everyone gets poor decisions and such...It is life in Scottish Fitba.

Celtic and Rangers are still the cream of the crop in Scotland, but that isn't saying much. Celtic has been poorer over the entire season than the Gers and thus will probably finish second best...

Cousin is a retard at best. His actions today and against Fiorentina in the second leg shows his head and heart are not at Rangers and is going to be offski asap in the season close.

Quadruple Here we come.

Bitter about the Scottish league and the OF is what I meant.

Everyone hates cheaters...Are Rangers the cheaters here or is McCurry? I thihk your venom or bitterness is misplaced.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 2 Hibs 0

The league will go down to the last day........unfortunately with today's win, Motherwell has not clinched 3rd place..........which means they won't have the same desire to win the game........we know Aberdeen will bend over with the two biggest Huns in Scotland running them and St. Mirren just isn't strong enough to steal 2 points.........all we can do is hope.........

Hibs had two reds, both in the last 10 minutes........2 yellows for one and a fcuking terrible kick on McGeady by Hun Murray.........no argument on the park and the Hibs coach was furious with the player for doing what he did. It will be funny to see the media TRY and put a spin on this and compare it to one of the most blatant bits of cheating witnessed yesterday at Ibrox.........

Slan go foil

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some of the bhoys on CM have posted some articles from the newspapers, regarding McCurry and the effort he puts in to ensure things go the 'right' way. JBN, it wasn't just one game sadly.......and there is a common theme with everything.......don't be afraid to read and learn the truth in this case as it generally is coming from the managers themselves.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...em/1729193.stm
Rangers went two clear seven minutes remaining. Brebner lost the ball in front of his defence. Ferguson picked out Flo, who had time to bring the ball under control and drill it past Colgan.

Minutes later, it was all over, when Rangers were awarded a penalty and Hibs had two men sent off.

A shot from Fernando Ricksen struck the prone figure of Laursen on the arm. Referee Mike McCurry judged that it was a deliberate offence and flashed a red card at the dazed Dane.

It was a rather bizarre decision and one that the Hibs players took exception to - with McManus taking his argument too far and joining his team-mate in the dressing room early.

Averladze slammed home the penalty kick once order was restored.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...5/sfnabe15.xml
ABERDEEN have made an official complaint about referee Mike McCurry after their 2-1 defeat by Rangers on Sunday.

Match official McCurry angered Ebbe Skovdahl, the Aberdeen manager, with some of his decisions, including not awarding two penalties and a challenge by Fernando Ricksen on Darren Young.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sp...int.2377123.jp
HIBS left Ibrox with a raging sense of injustice once again, convinced referee Mike McCurry had robbed them of a point as he waved aside claims for a penalty.
There was little doubt that John O’Neil’s cross had hit the hand of Bert Konterman - which was far above his head - as the Dutchman tangled with Mixu Paatelainen.

Motherwell 0 Rangers 1: Le Guen insists Ferguson tried to 'undermine me' - Scottish, Football - The Independent
Prso ran wide right of the 'keeper and then appeared to fling himself forward. If there was contact it was negligible but the referee gave a penalty. Boyd slotted home. Three minutes later, with Motherwell trying to force the ball across the line in a crowded box, a wild mêlée ensued, involving 20 players, most of them in the net. Punches were thrown. Red cards followed for the hosts' Marc Fitzgerald (for an apparent punch on Allan McGregor) and for Prso.

Rangers hold off Hibs
Williamson was incensed by McCurry decision to award his side only a corner after Konterman handled as he challenged Mixu Paatelainen.

"The referee said it was unintentional. How can it be unintentional when his hands are above his head?" Williamson said.

"I just feel it is wrong. He should be brave enough to give the penalty.

"I'm disappointed in the manner things went against us. I just want to see parity.

"Mixu Paatelainen has been booked for playing against two centre halves who have had a go at him every time and yet he's the one given a booking."

Bobby Williamson voices his displeasure

Rangers manager Alex McLeish, unsurprisingly, did not see the incident in the same light.

"Bert says he was pushed and I've got to believe my player," said McLeish.

The league leaders' boss said he was delighted to have held on for the three points after injuries disrupted his side in the second half.

Rangers played some delightful football in the first half, carving out several excellent chances.

But Hibs' goal just before half time and an improved second-half performance as well as knocks for Lorenzo Amoruso, Mikel Arteta and Claudio Caniggia meant Rangers lost the way after the break.

"We were great first half but a bit more nervy in the second half," said McLeish.

"So I was pleased to get the three points and we just need to keep winning."

Rangers 3-0 Dundee
Dundee manager Jim Duffy was convinced that the opening goal in his side's 3-0 defeat at Ibrox should not have been allowed.
Duffy was adamant that referee Mike McCurry had blundered by penalising Jonay Hernandez for a penalty box challenge on Novo.

He said: "I have to say I thought the first goal was highly controversial.

"Nacho didn't complain that much and even the crowd were quiet when he went down in the box."

Maurice Malpas wants to know the reasons for the red card
Maurice Malpas has accused referee Mike McCurry of causing Motherwell's defeat by Rangers after awarding a penalty against goalkeeper Graeme Smith.
"We're really upset about the penalty," the manager said after the alleged foul on Dado Prso separated the teams.

"I'm disappointed we didn't get anything. If we had lost a goal in open play, that would have been fine.

"I just thought an experienced referee got conned a bit out there by an experienced striker."

Malpas was also unhappy at the sending off of Marc Fitzpatrick late in the game following a goalmouth brawl involving almost every player on the park.

"I don't know what happened with the sending-off," said Malpas.

"The referee won't speak to me about it.

"They all get themselves cocooned. When I make a faux pas, I've got to answer to it; when they make a mistake, they go hiding."

Rangers (0) 2 Heart of Midlothian (0) 0
The manner of the win, however, left a sour taste in Hearts' mouths because of Barry Ferguson's opening goal, shortly after the break. The Rangers captain clearly got the benefit of his own handball before finding the net with his drive and, although Jean Claude Darcheville put the tie beyond Hearts with a legitimate second goal, the incident was the turning point of the contest.
"It maybe came off my hand, but I didn't mean to handball it and the referee was obviously happy," said Ferguson.
Mike McCurry was duly jeered from the field by the Tynecastle support at the final whistle and it will be small comfort to them to reflect that if Andrius Velicka had not missed an open goal then they might have forced the tie into extra time at least.

Slan go foil...........

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You spend a lot of timing making yourself miserable, Stephen. If you only spent that energy with a charidee or do good group, like the Knights of Columbus. Good lads, them.

By the way, if we compared all of Dundee U's woulda, should, couldas v. Rangers, we still would have won. But since Sepp Blatter took over, they don't count them. With that said, GET IT RIGHT UP YA, YOU BITTER CNUT. WE'RE GOING FOR THE QUAD!

Always cheated never defeated CSC.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cross Posted just for you Captain, from one of the 'Gers Boards,
Picture the scene.The rangers dressing room before last saturdays game and the players are about to get their team talk. "Right lads i want 110% commitment from the word go against these east coast sheep shagging bassas. Remember they're Dundee utd and are full of tattie munching bogtrotters from the emerald isle.
I don't care if you punch, kick or headbutt your way to victory. Good luck and god save the queen".
Then Walter Smith walks in and says " Thanks Mr McCurry I will take it from here".

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reporting from Manchester.

Wish you were here.

I'm very fortunate. Got my ticket yesterday.

All Rangers supporters, you would be proud.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reporting from pissing raining Vancouver, far far away from the Match and atmosphere

Wish we were there

You are a much envied man Bucky

All Rangers Supporters are proud!!!

I got a phone call from BazzaBlue(Guy with 1 post on TTP that plays on our team) he is in line to get into Ibrox to watch the game on the massive screens they have brought in... The sing song, everyone is bevvying!!!

...and I get to go to RSC#2....

JealousYetStokedForTheGameLoyal!!!!

Gaun you Gers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0