Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Rangers | Rangers win Gretna match switch

Yes, and the SPL isn't run by Huns........I remember a few years back.......UEFA Cup year when Celtic were forced to play Boavista away and then play the Huns 36 hours later.......that was declined but I can see why Rangers should have a game against the mighty Gretna moved. :D We beat the Huns that day but gave up a late goal obviously due to fatigue and of course the rest is history as they say in terms of goal difference.

Either way, pathetic that Rangers would even ask to have a game against Gretna moved. Last time I checked, they were in last place? Five points......nice one, Sir Walter.

It will be that much better when Lyon wins..........

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Captain

from BBC article:
The SPL re-arranged the match against Gretna for Wednesday 16 January.
Rangers had cited the example of SPL matches involving Celtic and themselves being postponed ahead of Scotland's Euro 2008 qualification decider with Italy. And, with Gretna giving backing to the request, the decision to postpone was taken by SPL chairman Lex Gold and secretary Iain Blair. The SPL pointed out that the French authorities had allowed Lyon a similar weekend off, cancelling their tie at Caen.
What's pathetic about it? The switch makes complete sense to any football minded person. Wait until the VMSL schedules Indo a midweek game late in the season and then a weekend game to finish the year off. With relegation in the balance and the team you play on the weekend getting the week off, I'm sure you would be pleased! :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Captain

What's pathetic about it? The switch makes complete sense to any football minded person. Wait until the VMSL schedules Indo a midweek game late in the season and then a weekend game to finish the year off. With relegation in the balance and the team you play on the weekend getting the week off, I'm sure you would be pleased! :rolleyes:

You failed to ignore my post, Guinness. It wasn't allowed when Celtic asked for it several years ago. That is the point. Besides, it will be that much better when Lyon pump Rangers anyway. It really will. :D

Great point about Indo though.........where is that smilie? Ah, there it is. :rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Captain my captain

posted by: Captain
It wasn't allowed when Celtic asked for it several years ago. That is the point.
WRONG! The point is they have finally got it right in Scotland and their SPL sides (along with Scotland's national program) will benefit from it.

G-ROY

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WRONG! The point is they have finally got it right in Scotland and their SPL sides (along with Scotland's national program) will benefit from it.

G-ROY

You really don't see it, do you? Oh well..........some things will never change

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

G-ROY

Then the SFA should come out and make it a "Scottish football " thing. In my eyes they need to build credibility and show their fairness to all the teams. History is our only indicator that these bastards are biased.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Then the SFA should come out and make it a "Scottish football " thing. In my eyes they need to build credibility and show their fairness to all the teams. History is our only indicator that these bastards are biased.

Well said, Heanjob. How are things going for you, big man?

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 1 St. Mirren 1

Great stuff. Honestly, it was shocking. Brown in goal is a ****ing nightmare. Strachan with the move of the season.....Scott Brown is having a minger and was playing right midfield. The game was 0 - 0 with St. Mirren not having a shot on target. He brings on Derek Riordan to right midfield.......takes off Darren O'Dea(left back who is naturally left-footed) moves Paul Hartley to left back, Brown into the middle........end result? Hartley gets stripped of the ball while trying to get the ball to his right foot....Mehmet took a shot which should have caught. Brown palms the ball right into the middle of the goal 8 yards out for the player to score......McGinn who's father was a long standing Celtic board member. Nice move Strachan, you walloper. I'll say it again, Celtic is not good enough and without Nakamura, they have ZERO creativity. McGeady had a sub-par game today.

BTW, interesting to see that Lyon had their request(one which they made AFTER the Huns request according to this article) turned down to have tonight's game against Caen postponed.......surprise. Nice work SPL and SFA.........mind you, it will be that much better when Lyon gubs Rangers.........:lol: ;)

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Rangers | League rejects Lyon fixture plea

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Much better performance from the Bhoys today.....some great football at times but it was Aiden McGeady who stole the show(just finished winning player of the month) with a hat-trick. The Bhoy has been the most consistent player this season in my opinion. He is becoming very difficult to defend at times and is starting to finish a few too....

Celtic 4 Falkirk 0

5 point lead on Rangers who do have two games in hand, thanks to the SPL ****ers.

Hail Hail

Come on Lyon

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely, Bucky. The defense was TERRIBLE again and Brown isn't Artur Boruc.......

It certainly is advantage Huns in terms of the league at the moment but there are plenty of games left. Having said that, If Celtic don't sort their defense out in particular, 2nd place will be a fight.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a shame, McGeady won't be in the line up to get his wee arse gubbed. :D

Amazing how bitter people are about his decision. I'm sure it would have been okay if he had English grandparents and he chose England, right?

Double Standards Loyal

NEVER.
Come on Captain, seriously, if you are looking for a wind up - You have it.
I'm not bitter, I'm a patriot.
As I said, Aiden McGheady can get tae fcuk. :)
I don't give a fcuking shite about him.
We (Bonny Fcuking Scotland) have an oustanding line up without him in it.

I'd be interested and frankly ;) can only imagine with a guy like you had it been the other way what you would have said?

Double Standards is right.

GIRFUY. :p

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Result from the worst retrofit stadium in Europe....erm...the world including southeast Asia:

The Filth 1 - Less filthy 1

**** the unwashed.

GIRFUY, Captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0