Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2006/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
I honestly don't believe it... It is a far cry from our dominance of the late 80's thru the 90's!!! WTF is guan on???:mad:

Honest answer? The Rangers are shite. :)

Got way too much in debt.......Murray keeps throwing smoke screens to the Ibrox faithful and most them believe him. Having said that, I though PLG would certainly make a weaker squad more competitive.......Oh well......15 points and cantering at this point.......

Hopefully your boys can beat St. Johnstone during the week at Ibrox in the CIS Cup.....otherwise Le Guen could be gone.......on his own merit of course. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
The Scottish First Division is pretty tough, also.

Give me strength:cool:

Buckfast

Not much for either Glasgow team to gloat about this week or the last few weeks for that matter.....A sign of the times, I guess.......:(

Although I can't say I'm disappointed with Rangers failures in domestic cup and league play........How the **** do they keep winning in Europe then?

:)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Simple, really. By the process of deduction, the Scottish Premier and First Division have far better football teams than the plonkers in the UEFA Cup. As for the Scottish Second Division, this will be determined upon the finale of the Rangers v East Stirling Scottish FA Cup match. Can't fcuking wait.

God Save Rangers FC...... from further humiliation.

Buckfast

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Auntie Jinks would have known the answer to this question.

If Rangers win their group in the UEFA and Celtic qualify past the group stages of the Champions League (there's a first for everything) does that give Scotland enough "Euro points" to keep the automatic Group stage birth (that Rangers earned last year) and possibly add another qualifying birth in the first three rounds???

How does the point system work? Anyone?

(not that Rangers will be in the top 3 this year):(

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And despite the chaos in Hearts' camp, they're in better form than Rangers. Humbling, sad stuff, BNJ. Hold me.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TBH, i haven't seen a game in a while...I have far too busy to pay much attention other than headline searching at BBC sport and sky Sports...The results have been shocking...

From what I am reading I think I need a hug too...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep the chin up, boys........Seriously, it can only get better. A win next week against Auxerre and you've booked into the knockout stage.

Obviously, a win against the mini-Huns this weekend is crucuial. I'm honest when I say this.....the league isn't over yet.......Celtic's play has been far less than convincing over the last 3/4 weeks and the breaks they've been getting(Gordon's own goal for example) won't continue to happen.......

Having said that, a win over ICT on the weekend and that will be 10 wins on the trot.....the last game they didn't win? A 1 - 1 draw against ICT........

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICT, even though I have not seen enough games to make a really educated statement, seem to be the Hibs of two, three years past, which does not have a tonne of real polished talent, but play very well as a team and with a lot of determination.

The league is NOT over, but with anymore games without points for the Gers is practically it. They cannot afford to lose games to Sellick or Hertz, draws maybe...but no outright losses...

Hopefully Le Guen can get them to play decent domestically to make things interesting for the Great Unwashed Masses, who appear to be quite chuffed at the moment...Realists like you Cappy are few and far between.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pish 1 - Mini-pish 0

Take the 3 points and hope it provides conifidence/momentum/swift kick in the arse for Auxerre. Le Guen owes us a rabbit out of the hat. A win in France would be nice, also.

Buckfantastic

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to BBC it was a 'dire' game but Rangers won't care at this point. Anytime you win at Shitecastle, it's a good 3 points, despite the problems they're going through at the moment. As for Auxerre, they're not exactly lighting the French league on fire this season so a result isn't out of the question......

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You never know Guinness, the Sheep Shaggers won too. :rolleyes:

Fcuk me, we 're battlin Hibs and the Sheep Shaggers for Europe next year...

Good result for the Gers and I will take it. :knvb:

Did Gordon, Hartley or Pressley play for the Jambos?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
You never know Guinness, the Sheep Shaggers won too. :rolleyes:

Fcuk me, we 're battlin Hibs and the Sheep Shaggers for Europe next year...

Good result for the Gers and I will take it. :knvb:

Did Gordon, Hartley or Pressley play for the Jambos?

Gordon and Hartley played......Pressley didn't........

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky,
what is your take on the rumours of Pressley and Gordon headin to the Gers?

I would prefer to the see the Hibs duo at Ibrox...But Gordon in goals would be brilliant...just don't think we have the cash to splash...

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would take Gordon in a heartbeat, BNJ. And pay top dollar (in Rangers money that's 125K) too. Bar his recent pissing on his balls against Celtic, he's arguably the best British keeper on the trot.

Pressely had his chance at Rangers. With that said, what is deemed "Rangers quality" has dropped a wee bit, no? God knows we're shaky in the back having to choose between the Swedish chef and Pa-pish. So, maybe Elvis is worth a bite if we can get him on a free. Apparently, Goughie's considering a comeback at 44. PLG should fcuking sign him, as well. A combined age of 77. Very Dad's Army.

There's plenty of chat about the number of foreigners in the team vis-a-vis not respecting the jersey. I call bollocks. There were six Scots in Saturday's XI. We have had fewer in the past and played more inspired football. I, however, do believe it's giving PLG time to figure it out, make his mark. Patience is a hard thing to find when dealing with the Auld Firm. He can't be the second of coming of Christ to the Giro in 4 mos, though????

C'mon the Gers,

Buckfast

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
mon the gers is right, and all of Scotland will be reeling following the Upset today, now 2 Scottish team have qualified for Knockout Stages...

Anyways...

I don't care about the number of non Brits in the lineup as Prso is practically as Big a Gers Fan as Bazza.
The problem is the number of turnover in the squad at one time, too many new faces, too many guys not around ibrox and Murray park for not long enough...

respecting the jersey is one thing, playng like pish is another, IE Big Boab.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
Bucky,
what is your take on the rumours of Pressley and Gordon headin to the Gers?

I would prefer to the see the Hibs duo at Ibrox...But Gordon in goals would be brilliant...just don't think we have the cash to splash...

Did you see Gordon's own goal against Celtic? :D A fcuking belter indeed, Bluenosejohn. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0