Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you got any photos of the Northern Spirit's jersey?

You know, the Aussie team that went tits up soon after signing an exclusive partnership agreement with Rangers.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking classics.....

Jinky,

No Northern Spirit, but we do have the Free Spirit and a Littlelightintheloafers new strip.....Are you fcuking kidding me? Quite possibly the GAYEST(sp?) top I've seen since Juventus' pink number from last year.......Holy fcuk. The team is fcuking shoc-king and now they have to wear that? Hopefully, it will be their European strip because they certainly won't be using it for long......Fcuking classic......

Bollocks, the image is too big apparently. It must be the bright 'sash' colours. Perhaps Jinky can help me with this one. Seriously, it is fcuking awful.

Hail! Hail!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First an orange, er tangerine :rolleyes: jersey and now one with a sash?

Why don't they just wear bowler hats and masonic aprons while they play?

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of "kit" can you fellas help us Club I gals choose a kit for upcoming tournies ... Heres a team photo with some of us in diffenent jerseys to see what looks best ..and of course our newly approved shorts!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Domestic double is still on

Livingston 1-3 Celtic

Sutton guides the ball past McKenzie
A two-goal salvo from Chris Sutton helped Celtic book their place in the final of the Scottish Cup.
The Englishman helped himself to his first-ever goals in the competition on either side of the interval.

Henrik Larsson also got on the score-sheet, while Colin McMenamin grabbed a consolation for Livingston 10 minutes before time.

Larsson will now almost certainly play his final game for the Parkhead side in the final in May.

It was Livingston who created the first real opportunity after five minutes and would have gone ahead but for more heroics from Celtic's teenage goalkeeper David Marshall.

Derek Lilley exchanged passes with Fernando Pasquinelli but the keeper saved Celtic by blocking the Livingston man's shot from just eight yards.

At the other end, Roddy McKenzie saved Oscar Rubio's blushes by rushing off his line and gathering at the second attempt after his weak header had almost let Sutton in.

Celtic's Pearson (right) battles with McLaughlin

Larsson gave the Livi goalkeeper a test in the 17th minute, after Stephen Pearson dispossessed Pasquinelli and played the ball up to the striker, who turned and unleashed a right-footed shot which McKenzie dived to his left to save.

Livingston's defence was again carved open in the 26th minute but the Glasgow giants could not capitalise on a glorious chance.

Alan Thompson threaded the ball through to Sutton inside the box, but he seemed shocked to be in such a position and could only toe a shot straight at the alert McKenzie.

Pearson was also producing heroics at the other end and his slide inside the area prevented the ball from ending up at the feet of Lilley for an easy tap-in.

That proved to be the turning point as Celtic went ahead in the 37th minute through Sutton as McKenzie was horribly exposed.

Larsson held off the challenge of David McNamee and crossed to Stilian Petrov, who neatly cushioned his header into the path of Sutton to steer the ball into the net.

Moments later, Thompson limped off to be replaced by Manchester United-bound Liam Miller.

Pearson almost extended Celtic's advantage seconds before the break after he was superbly put through by Larsson but McKenzie again kept Livingston in the game.

Celtic stretched their advantage after the break after a disastrous defensive blunder by Livingston.

Thomspon (left) went off injured

Dorado and McNamee both went for the same ball and only succeeded in taking each other out and leaving Larsson with a free run at goal - and he coolly lobbed the ball over McKenzie.

Celtic put the result beyond doubt ten minutes later when Sutton grabbed his second.

Again there were bigger gaps in the Livingston defence than among the supporters.

Having been teed up by Larsson inside the box, he stopped, steadied himself and then rifled the ball past Andrews into the corner of the net with McKenzie nowhere.

There was concern for Martin O'Neill moments later as Sutton hobbled off to be replaced by Craig Beattie and he also took Larsson off for Johan Mjallby.

Livi substitute McMenamin gave the small travelling contingent something to smile about at last with a consolation in the 79th minute.

He had just lifted the ball over Marshall and wide a minute early but he made no mistake with a glancing header - in off the post - from seven yards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Livingston: McKenzie, McNamee, Rubio, Andrews, Dorado, O'Brien, Makel, Lovell, McLaughlin, Pasquinelli, Lilley.
Subs: Main, McGovern, McMenamin, Snowdon, Brittain.

Celtic: Marshall, Varga, Balde, Valgaeren, Agathe, Lennon, Petrov, Pearson, Thompson, Larsson, Sutton.
Subs: Douglas, Lambert, Mjallby, Beattie, Miller.

Referee: K Clark (Scotland).

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little information I recieved from back home today! Henrik Larsson 's house was put up for sale today in glasgow. :( I guess we will only have these last few league games and the Cup final along with his "Testomonial" game to see him in the hoops. :eek:

Parkhead

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Note to Ma Sel

Introduce myself to Stevie Oneder in the Ladner League this year after I pick his sorry arse off the ground from the John 'Bomber' Brown tackle he will receive.

Bastage. :mad:

;)

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF congrats on FOD's big win this morning. ;) I will be sure to think about it tomorrow morning while we are all celebrating the clinching of the League! :D The bevy's will be flowing tonight through the morn. :D

Parkhead :eek:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Celtic

Congratulations Bhoys.

Forgone conclusion this year unfortunately but still another good year put in by the Hoops.

Missing last year,

GlasgowRangersforever

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Celtic clinched the championship but it was possibly one of the worst games I've seen in any league, all season. The pace was slow, there was no creativity, and the players looked legless for the most part. The ref was fcuking awful for both teams. Lennon was making an arse of himself with his constant whining and Pearson is starting to go that way too. Celtic started sentimental favorites(Douglas, Lambert, and Mjallby) and played them the whole game. MON made one sub(Miller for Agathe - who was incidentally as bad as he was on Wednesday). Celtic were absolute mince today BUT they did what they had to win the league for the 3rd year in 4, along with last year's title(As we know in any other league, the Bhoys would have won with the appropriate tie-breaker :D ;) ). We REALLY need a few decent signings in the summer but I've heard the board might be doing the same as last season, and do nothing...... BTW, Pearson in the last two games I have watched has looked LOST and I'm hoping that he is not going that route.....

Hail! Hail! to an easy league championship......

Captain

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another Scotland great has left us

Lisbon Lion Keeper Ronnie Simpson died of a heart attack at age 73 today.
Rest in Peace Ronnie.

John Grieg paid quite the tribute to him on the Rangers Web today.
He spoke of how they both lived in Edinburgh and used to take the train together into Glasgow before going to their respective places of work.

Shades of Slim Jim and his heuring around with his pals at the 'Tic. ;)

See Bhoys - We're really are OK people. :cool: :)

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers Web

Rangers has a web site? Will wonders never cease. I was not aware they had the internet yet in Govan. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0