Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bigyun,

There is no way that Celtic can clinch it at Castle Greyskull. There are still 8 fixtures after that game. It is more likely that we'll clinch it against Aberdeen at Paradise. All we want is another gubbing against the bastards next Sunday and it will be a PERFECT season.

Jinky,

You're right. Big Eck has already told 3 players to GTF - Capucho, Emerson, Ogstenbollox(?), saying that he no longer requires their 'services'.......I predict a 3rd place finish for the Huns next year........Seriously

Captain

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Bigyun,

There is no way that Celtic can clinch it at Castle Greyskull. There are still 8 fixtures after that game. It is more likely that we'll clinch it against Aberdeen at Paradise. All we want is another gubbing against the bastards next Sunday and it will be a PERFECT season.

Jinky,

You're right. Big Eck has already told 3 players to GTF - Capucho, Emerson, Ogstenbollox(?), saying that he no longer requires their 'services'.......I predict a 3rd place finish for the Huns next year........Seriously

Captain

Celtic Vs Chelsea now confirmed!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=294562&cc=5901

Roadtrip upcoming! Rod Stewart paid tribute to Celtic and Ghod last night at the concert, tons of Hoop shirts out, and 1 lone Hun in the front row. All the hoops on the floor were givin him the gears through out the show.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should be a cracker of a weekend in Seattle. Go down on Friday morning and back on Sunday. Great stuff. How come Rangers haven't been invited? :D I guess it is only big clubs with decent fans.....I noticed Porto have been axed, as they were originally scheduled to be a part of this.....Fcuking cheating bastards.......

Look for Dundee to beat the Huns on Saturday. 10/1 is hard to turn down, especially with the form of the Huns. Dundee gave Celtic all they could handle last night and I wouldn't expect anything less from them against Satan's Eleven.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky/ Captain,

What would you do if you were MON and had to make the call on whether to let Livingston use Fernandez against Celtic in the upcoming Semi-final? I understand both points of view but I have to say that I think I would let them use him. I realize that if he scored say the winner against us it would put MON in a tough spot and even Fernandez as well.

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bigyun,

It's a no win situation. If he doesn't play him, then people(mostly Huns-so who the fcuk cares anyways) would say that he is 'afraid' because he might be second guessed for letting him go on loan. If he does play him, and he scores OR injures someone and has a direct impact on the result, the Celtic fans would be all over MON for letting him play. Personally, I don't think he should play because the cons outnumber the pros for him playing. Jinky and I talked about this before and offered the same opinions I just mentioned. In fact, originally, I thought he should have been allowed to play in the league game but Jinky mentioned some things which changed my opinion. You kind of feel bad for Fernandez though but we just need to concern ourselves with surviving at the Nou Camp and beating the Huns next Sunday. Oh yah, and we need a win at Easter Road this weekend.

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I definetly thought he shouldn't play in the league game but I think this cup is different. But like you say it is a no win situation.

Parkhead

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the big deal?

We are able to lend out players that would be superstars if they played for TFOD.

I would like to thank Egil Ostenstad for the following,

Ostenstad - I Am Not Good Enough

Thursday, 18 March 2004

by Jostein Jensen
Released Rangers striker Egil Ostenstad has casts doubts over his own future after warning off former club Viking Stavanger from signing him.

The 32-year-old was released by Rangers earlier this week after failing to make the grade at Ibrox.

Viking have been leading the chase to sign Ostenstad, but the former Southampton star has warned them that he is not good enough to play for them and that they should sign someone else.

"Find another striker. I'm not good enough," Ostenstad told Rogalands Avis.

"They should at least not base their striker hunt around me. If Viking have got the money for it, they should get another striker. That would be the best both for Viking and me."

Ostensatd feels he will not be ready to play when the Norwegian season kicks off next month should he join Viking as he is not fit enough.

"I'm not interested in Viking sitting and waiting on me. I'm neither ready to take the decision for Viking now.

"Anyhow I will not travel to Stavanger before May as my daughter goes at school here in Scotland until May."

"I have really got to train myself up. You can't just walk straight into Tippeligaen.

"I would be far behind the others at Viking, the other players would use me as a round trip cone in training."

78,000 pounds per goal btw. Good enough for Rangers but not Viking. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. I hope this fantasy consortium comes through for the desperate bears. I would love to see Alex McLeish in charge of a 50 million quid transfer kitty.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
"You can't just walk straight into Tippeligaen."
If I had a fiver for the number of times I've said that.........

"I would be far behind the others at Viking, the other players would use me as a round trip cone in training."
Reminds me of my Peg years........

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are your last 5 posts a Croatian pisstake for 'you're a hammered and up late, always have been hammered and up late and always will be a hammered and up late'?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 4 Dundee 0

Unfortunately:
Ronald DeBoer with a broken blue nose.
Craig Moore sidelined at half with a knee injury.

Good show otherwise at Ibrox today.

'Bout fcuking time, :)

RF

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic vs Hibbies

Well it's 4-0 with hardly any time left. 3 points in the bag. RF keep your trumpets, it's the only shiny metal you'll be seeing this year.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Business as usual......

Hibernian 0-4 Celtic

Henrik Larsson claimed two goals at Easter Road
Henrik Larsson hit two goals to become Celtic's all-time third top scorer as Hibs were swept aside at Easter Road.
The striker took his Celtic tally to 233 goals thanks to a couple of simple finishes either side of the interval.

Didier Agathe put the visitors in front after 18 minutes when he slid in to poke home a Stephen McManus cross.

Agathe helped himself to another goal ten minutes from time when his shot from a tight angle squeezed through keeper Daniel Andersson's legs.

The visitors had an early chance when a long ball caught the Hibs defence napping and Larsson was able to pick out Stilian Petrov but the Bulgarian shot straight at Andersson.

Hibs replied almost immediately when full-back Steven Whittaker hit a difficult volley that had David Marshall scrambling to push the ball round the post.

The home team were moving the ball around well and Scott Brown was causing Celtic problems with his pace and close control.

But it was Celtic who went in front when a speculative cross from McManus flashed across the penalty box and Agathe beat the dithering Roland Edge to steer the ball in via the post.

Agathe should have doubled his tally a minute later when Andersson pushed an angled shot from Pearson into his path but the winger mis-timed his lunge and the ball bounced over him just a few yards from goal.

Pearson then put Petrov clean through on goal but the midfielder tried to pick out Agathe at the back post instead of going for goal and the chance was wasted.

Stephen Dobbie came close for Hibs when he fired a 20 yard free-kick narrowly past the upright.

Henrik Larsson watches his second goal roll in
Petrov again wasted a glorious chance in the 31st minute when he broke free in the box but again shot straight at Andersson.

Celtic did extend their lead after 35 minutes and it was more calamitous defending that led to Larsson claiming his first of the day.

Andersson opted to let a long ball bounce into his area but his more celebrated Swedish compatriot nipped in to steal the ball from his fingertips on the edge of the box and rolled the ball into an empty net.

Shortly before the break Neil Lennon was fortunate not to concede a penalty when he had a sly kick at Brown as Hibs were taking a throw-in.

Celtic began the second half in determined mood and were further ahead after 49 minutes when Larsson ran on to a Lennon pass and slotted the ball through Andersson's legs.

With the points wrapped up and Barcelona to face on Thursday, Celtic manager Martin O'Neill made changes - taking off Larsson, Lennon and Paul Lambert.

Dobbie had a powerful strike comfortably saved by Marshall and Whittaker was denied a consolation goal when Pearson cleared from the goal-line.

In the 80th minute Hibs' miserable afternoon was compounded when the ball broke to Agathe and his low shot found its way through the legs of the luckless Andersson.

Worse was to follow for the home team when teenage defender Jonathan Baillie was red carded in the dying stages for clashing with Celtic substitute Craig Beattie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hibernian: Andersson, Smith, Whittaker, Edge, Baillie, Caldwell, Nicol, Reid, Scott Brown, Dobbie, McManus. Subs: Alistair Brown, Riordan, Zambernardi, McCluskey, Orman.

Celtic: Marshall, McNamara, Balde, Kennedy, McManus, Agathe, Lennon, Lambert, Pearson, Larsson, Petrov. Subs: Douglas, Sylla, Mjallby, Beattie, Smith.

Referee: D McDonald

Steve1234, could you please give me a call so we can sort out the money for the jersey/kids jersey/shorts? Cheers.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GREAT result for the Huns. They must be full of confidence going into Sunday's game, especially knowing that they have mustered up TWO shots against Celtic in THREE games. But they managed to beat the door mats, Dunfermline, the team who let them run up the score to win the league last year. Fcukers. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the Huns managed a few more shots on net, but of course that depends how Celtic do tomorrow at the Nou Camp. If Celtic qualify for the next round, the team that plays at Castle Greyskull will have more youngins.....If Celtic get knocked out, they will put the full squad out and hump the bastards again. So for the Huns sake, they might want Celtic to go through. Yah, I'm sure that's what they'll be cheering for.......

Hail! Hail!

16andrompin'it

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 2 Worst Rangers Team Ever 1

Celtic goals by Ghod and new England man Thommo were enough to beat Rangers who replied with a Steven Thompson header. Their only goal against Celtic in 4 games. The Hoops looked completely disinterested today.

Both keepers were tremendous with young David Marshall named MOTM.

19 points ahead.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prospects

Good stuff from the young Scottish boys today. Marshall was outstanding,
pearson did well, and Kennedy was brilliant. Hutton for Rangers was no bad, unfortunately surrounded by mugs. Why does Burke not play on any of the national teams? Hey Captain Shampoo, how the bigins carpet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0