Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Prospects

steve1234 said:
Why does Burke not play on any of the national teams?

That surprises me too actually now that you mention it.
I'm surprised he didn't start today - Rumour was he was going to.

Well done Celtic.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Celtic didn't look to be too interested. It was certainly a better game than the previous 2, as Rangers at least had a few legitimate chances. I was impressed by Hutton and the wee arse Burke caused a few problems. Moore was a fcuking hallion again and should have been shown straight red for his 'tackle' on Sutton. Both goalies were fantastic and all 3 goals were a result of poor marking, especially on the headers. 19 points and we can clinch it next weekend if we win and the Huns lose to Motherwell. Realistically, it should happen in a couple of weeks, as the Bhoys just need two more wins. MON said today he will change the line-up quite a bit over the next few weeks, so they can focus on the European tie against Villareal.

This picture says it all really......

Steve, the carpet is as good as new....... ;) :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you see a hapy Hun? Nooooooo Nooooooo :D

The 'wall' sums up Celtic's commitment this year. MON really does get the best out of his players........

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This will be a year to forget very quickly :(

Being shut out of the hardware, not winning one Old Firm and overpaying a bunch of lazy FCUKs has made this an unbearable year. ParkHeed do you like your pints hot or warm...............

Leanisgladhissonistooyoungtorememberthisyear.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Young Scots

Too fcuking right Lean.

I've already forgotten this year.
Have you guys heard of that French lad Boumsong we signed up for next year? :rolleyes:
Majeek. ;)

Stevie Oneder:

Burke is indeed named in the U-21 side playing Romania, along with 3 other bluenoses.

Nice to see some promising youth at the National level coming through from a lot of the clubs this year.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ParkHeed do you like your pints hot or warm...............

I am not a picky man!! I will gladly take them from you either way.

ParkheadwillenjoyeverysipofthempintsthankstotheCelts

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Euro Super League?

Old Firm Set for Euro Super League

LENNART JOHANSSON last night insisted the Old Firm will soon play in a European Super League.

The UEFA president says Rangers and Celtic will be invited to join the continent’s elite – but he believes it is important they also retain their ties with the SPL.

Johansson urged the Old Firm to stretch their boundaries though, at the same time, he urged them to forget about joining the Premiership.

The Swede said: “It’s not a good solution to leave your national league and play somewhere else.

“That will only lower the quality of the national league and I would like Scottish teams to play in Scotland.

“In the future we can build something from the national leagues and move to a European second division and then to the first where there will be promotion and relegation. Something like this will happen involving Rangers and Celtic.”

The UEFA chief also confirmed that Scotland, after successfully staging the Champions League climax at Hampden two years ago, is in the running to host another major European final.

He added: “ I see no reason why not because Scotland has a great tradition and history. There are no security problems so one day not too far away I’m sure they will be given the chance again.”

Colin Duncan, Daily Record

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awful tackle....

Some fcuking mingin Romanian did in John Kennedy's knee last night in the 'friendly' match against Scotland. It was an awful tackle and of course super Hun, Steven Pressley, the so-called captain of the team stood next to it and did or said absolutely nothing. Fcuking cnut. The doctors figure Kennedy will be out approximately a year after damaging several ligaments, compliments of the fcuking cnut of a player who plays for Wolves. Another hun, Cameron, who plays for Wolves wouldn't even say it was bad. He claims he plays hard all the time even in practice. No wonder the Scottish team is fcuking shite. None of them play for one another and certainly don't give a fcuk about their country. BTW, it was truly a horrific challenge. I feel bad for the young kid after finally getting his first team call up for Celtic against Barca and the Huns, following this with his first international cap. He was only on the park 14 minutes. Fcuking Romanian scum bag.

Captain

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dont hold back

Captain, Tell us how you really feel. Scottish Captain Dailly said the romanians are just a passionate lot, and meant no ill will. Easy said since it was'nt his knee. Maybe we will see the return of Mjallby.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve,

Did you see the challenge? How Dailly can say that is beyond me. The fcuker waited for the exact moment before going over the ball. Cnut.

BTW, Steve, is there FINALLY going to be a meeting place this weekend? Send me a PM with info about the time/place. Cheers. Perhaps you can leave me a contact number too.....

Captain

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good news for the Gers.

Rangers sign China deal

Sun Jihai has broken into British football with Manchester City
Rangers have signed a partnership agreement with China Super League club Shenzhen Jianlibao (SJFC).
They will cooperate in coaching, sports science, player development, exhibition matches and commercial deals.

Rangers chairman John McClelland said: "China, and Shenzhen in particular, has tremendous potential and we want to extend our brand worldwide.

Youth chief George Adams said: "SJFC place an emphasis on youth and have seven players in the national team."

China international defender Sun Jihai is a regular with Manchester City, while midfielder Li Tie is with English Premiership rivals Everton.

"I have been very impressed with the progress made by the Chinese national team in recent years and have followed the progress of Sun Jihai and Li Tie in the EPL recently with interest," said Adams.

Rangers have made excellent achievements in the areas of market development

Shenzhen Jianlibao general manager Zhang Jian
"I hope to be able to assist Shenzhen Jianlibao in future development.

"Having a hands-on role in the development of young players there will enable Rangers to keep an eye on some of the best young talent in China."

The Chinese club are hoping to reap the benefit of Rangers' commercial expertise and experience.

Shenzhen Jianlibao general manager Zhang Jian added: "Rangers FC also has made excellent achievements in the areas of market development, commercial exploitation and supporters services through a well-established management system."

Manchester United have already forged links with China and the English club's website is the most visited in the country.

China defender Fan Zhiyi's brief spell with Dundee also produced great interest in China for the Scottish Premier League club.

Apparently massive debt means nothing to the Chinese super league, i'm suprised Rangers could afford this venture, I would have thought a Chinese take out would have been more fitting thier budget.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 2 Hertz 2

What a comeback!!!

Goals from Sutton and Agathe 3 minutes apart with 6 minutes remaining save the day at Paradise.

Undefeated season still on and Celtic Park undefeated record still intact at 76 games.

Scary there for a while. The cousins of William will be gutted.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reading Steve1234's post concerning Rangers' chinese connection leads me to wonder, is this the year of the Donkey?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Herro...

That tie Heurts. ;)

The Chinese Take Aways had record sales last night in Govan.

A billion people wearing Rangers jerseys.
Brilliant.

Maybe Gazza can help us with the promotion there. :rolleyes:

Well done Hearts.
How did Steven Pressley play Captain?

:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Jinky, a great comeback indeed. BTW, if you're not doing anything today we're having our wrap-up at Honda Park. Hope to see you then.

Hail! Hail!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shenzhen Jianlibao (SJFC).

The Captain's second most hated team in the world now. It makes sense though why the Huns would want to associate with this team. They can't win a fcuking title either. In this case, 2nd or 3rd wasn't even good enough. :D

1.Shanghai Shenhua SVA 28 17 4 7 56-33 55 Champions
2.Shanghai International 28 16 6 6 39-26 54
3.Dalian Shide 28 15 8 5 44-22 53
4.Shenzhen Jianlibao 28 12 11 5 42-21 47
5.Shenyang Ginde 28 11 10 7 35-31 43
6.Liaoning Zhongshun 28 11 8 9 39-34 41
7.Yunnan Hongta 28 11 7 10 30-27 40
8.Sichuan Guancheng 28 9 10 9 41-42 37
9.Beijing Hyundai Cars 28 9 9 10 34-26 36
10.Tianjin Kangshifu 28 8 12 8 32-33 36
11.Qingdao Beilaite 28 10 5 13 40-50 35
12.Shandong Luneng Taishan 28 8 9 11 42-46 33