Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

Even Jimmy Calderwood said he would have been gutted if his keeper had been interfered with like that, especially since it had a direct impact on the goal. For Calderwood to admit it definitely looked like a foul, then it probably was. :)

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Currently doing the rounds in Belfast!

A guy walks into a pub with his dog. The dog is wearing earphones
>and has a radio taped to it's back.
>The barman says, "whats with the earphones oan the dug"
>The punter replies "I usually take him to the Celtic game on a
>Saturday, but I couldnae get tickets this week so he's
>listening to the game on the radio".
>"Aye right" said the barman.
>10 minutes later the dog starts doing backflips.
>"What's he up to" says the barman.
>"Larsson's just scored" replies the man.
>"aye right" says the barman again.
>"Switch teletext on and see" says the punter.
>Right enough the score comes up Celtic 1 Rangers 0 (Larsson)
>2 minutes later the dog starts chasing it's tail.
>"What's he up to now" asks the barman.
>"thats what he does when Sutton scores it must be 2-0.
>"P1ss off" says the barman.
>"Check the telly" says the punter.
>Sure enough the score come! s up Celtic 2 Rangers 0 (Sutton)
>"That's amazing" says the barman "What does he do when Rangers score?"
>"Dunno" says the punter "I've only had him a year!!"

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dundee sign up Sutton

John Sutton was a big hit with Raith Rovers
Dundee have signed striker John Sutton, brother of Celtic star - Chris, on a season-long loan deal from Millwall.
The former Raith Rovers forward played just five times for the Lions last season after his move south in January.

Dundee chief executive Peter Marr told the club's website: "We're delighted to have him here, he's a player we've admired for some time."

The arrival of the 21-year-old could pave the way for last season's top scorer Nacho Novo to leave Dens Park.

Sutton, a former Tottenham trainee, scored 16 goals for Rovers before Millwall paid £60,000 for him.

Celtics new signings should be announced any day now :rolleyes:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, come on. This is for premier leaque news, not for old news about some kid who will sign in December. :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/3849943.stm

Novo in Celtic Park talks

Nacho Novo was at Celtic Park for talks on Tuesday
Striker Nacho Novo has arrived at Celtic Park for signing talks after Dundee accepted a £500,000 offer from the Scottish champions.
Celtic's Glasgow rivals, Rangers, had long been favourites to capture the 25-year-old Spaniard.

But the Ibrox club have so far only increased their bid to £350,000.

A Dundee spokesman said on Tuesday: "We are continuing to talk to a number of clubs who have expressed an interest in Nacho Novo."

Dundee had denied suggestions that Novo is prepared to hold out for a move to Rangers, even if it meant leaving for nothing next season.

His willingness to travel to Glasgow to meet Celtic officials appears to be confirmation of that.

Rangers are being short-sighted

Dundee chief executive Peter Marr
Novo is close friends with former Dens Park team-mate Zurab Khizanishvili, who has been at Ibrox for a season.

Rangers angered the Tayside club when an SPL tribunal ruled they did not have to pay a fee for the Georgian defender Zura Khizanishvili.

Dundee were placed in administration days later and Dens Park chief executive Peter Marr has criticised Rangers for being "short-sighted" in the race for Novo.

"It's sad Rangers can't afford another £150,000 to sign a player who could possibly put them into the Champions League," he told the Sun.

New Rangers Novo bid fails
"What's that worth to them? It could be counted in millions. All the money they get from that would easily pay for his transfer.

"After all, Rangers didn't have a player who matched his total of 25 goals last season and we don't consider £500,000 is a lot of money for Nacho.

"Thankfully, there may be other clubs who can match our valuation.

"Anyway, no matter what Rangers think, we have to do what is best for Dundee."

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Captain at Ibrox

Craig Moore will not be Captain this year.
He wants to commit to Aus for the Olympics; etc.
He's also on the block now too.

Easy Captain. ;)

Also, Gavin Rae oot for six months after knee surgery.

Nachos for lunch,

RF

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah, I heard the new captain is going to be Bob "Fcuk the Pope" Malcolm. He would be perfect.

Yes, Nacho Novo, joined the Huns after being told he would be a squad player by MON. Big Eck told him he would be an integral part of their plans. Good luck, Nacho. Arteta is now officially gone, so Rangers' midfield looks like this....Burke G. Rae New Serbian signing(?) Lovestodive. Ehhhh, I wouldn't be too concerned with that midfield. Advantage - Celtic

Goalkeeping - Marshall/Klos - toss-up

back line - toss-up

midfield - Celtic

strikers - toss-up

So Celtic will win the league by about 7 points this year

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear, dear, Captain. Obviously the summer break doesn't pre-empt your afflication to Elmer's.

Goalkeeper - advantage Teddy Bears. The boy had a couple of great matches against some big clubs, no doubt. Let's wait and see if he's a one hit wonder, a la SubClassic.

Backline - even.

Midfield - even. Arteta was shite, glad he's gone. The Serbian will bring some muscle, with Hughes playing the role Fergie did. Lennon is a plonker, you've said so yourself. This leaves Petrov....ohhhhh.....scary and Thompson. When Sutton gets in a huff and the sheep shagger's at the chippy, who will benefit from his distribution? Almost forgot Lambert. Heard he's doing well in the Old Firm Classic five-a-sides.

Strikers - advantage Teddy Bears. Novo, Prso, Mr. Bean, Thompson & Loverkrands v. Sutton, John Candy & Maloney. That's as deep as Hamish McGoldberg's pockets.

Looks like Rangers are leading the way, pal. Wagers?

Buckfast.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky,

I was waiting for that response. :) Okay, right now, I will be 100% honest(usually I'm only 93%), the Huns might have a chance this year, if things stay the way they are. I forgot to mention that Rangers, right now, have more depth up front than Celtic. But I would still take the tub of Goo(who apparently is the fittest he has ever been :rolleyes: ) and Sutton up front against Prso/Thompson/Mr. Bean/Lovestodive/Novo. Seriously.

In midfield, I've always said that Lennon is a role player. He wins tackles and plays the ball side ways or backwards. No, not entertaining but he doesn't lose many tackles and has a knack for the being in the right place at the right now. Petrov will be huge for Celtic this year, if they're to win the league again. He has the potential to be a fantastic player(still only 23) and will need to play to his best all season. Pearson has pace who can run at any SPL defense(Hutton will have difficulty with his pace) and Thompson was pretty consistent last year. Adding a 36 year old fossil will not help your squad because he is done. Without Artita and deBoer, Rangers have NO playing making midfielder. Yes, Artita was a poof, especially against CEltic but who is going to distribute from that midfield? No one. This Serbian guy is a no-namer who has proven absolutely nothing yet and probably won't. As I said, Boumsong will be the only signing with an immediate impact.

How about we go double or nothing on the $10 that you never paid me? ;) Or I can bet you 1000 TTP tokens? Whatever you think is fair........

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbian midfielder and Croatian striker does not bode well for the Bastards, I mean Rangers!!

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honest Abe,

How can you say Rangers don't have a class midfielder. Not recognizing Bob the Builder, as such, is surely an oversight on your part. He also plays a mean flute, which must count for something.

Now it's for me time to be honest (as I'm usually honest only 37.8% of the time. Ask Fastshow, as I'm sure he has a wall chart to support this claim). Rangers must sign a couple midfielders to have a chance in the League.....and I'm not referring to the Champions kind. Absolutely no doubt about. Depending on a Serb goes against the Croat-Protestant moral code. I know because I wrote it. A tough pill to swallow, indeed.

Then again, Celtic is quickly becoming the Spurs of the north. Apparently they are signing JFH, Desailly and half of the Czech side. But then again, Celtic did John Jakob Jingleheimer Schmidt to replace Henrik. Obviously an oversight on my part. We're even.

In regards to the wager, how about the loser has to go on an all expenses paid to England.....in search of Fasty?

Buckfast

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
An all-expense trip it is, in search of Fasty. ;)

As for the JFH rumours, all bunk....MON said in the official Celtic website that he has had NO discussions whatsoever....As for Desailly....from BBC Sport....

Desailly keeps options open

Desailly agreed to leave Chelsea this week
Veteran French defender Marcel Desailly has expressed interest in a move to Celtic as well as hinting he would be keen to stay on as a coach at Chelsea.
The 35-year-old terminated his playing contract on Tuesday and told the Daily Record that Celtic would be an option.

"I would like the chance to play for Celtic, if they want me, because I like the way they play," he said.

But he later added that a staff role at Stamford Bridge would also appeal and vowed to make a decision in 10 days.

"Chelsea have been fantastic with me by freeing me from the final year of my contract, since when I've given myself 10 days to decide what my future will hold," Desailly said.

"I am currently reflecting on opportunities, knowing that two possibilities are open to me.

At this stage in my life it's about wanting to play with another big team with high ambitions and I think Celtic would be ideal

Marcel Desailly

"Either I can turn the page and begin a new life professionally - besides Chelsea have opened a door for me in that sense - or I can extend my playing career.

"I am flattered to note that my name has not been ignored by certain clubs."

Desailly did rule out playing for another Premiership side.

"A number of Premiership clubs want me to sign but I don't want to play against my old club," he told the Daily Record.

Desailly won the 1998 World Cup, the 2000 European Championship and 116 caps for his country, but has now retired from international football.

"At this stage in my life it's about wanting to play with another big team with high ambitions because I know I have at least one, maybe two good years left and I think Celtic would be ideal," Desailly added.

"I also know about Martin O'Neill and I believe I could work with a manager like him.

"They (Celtic) are in the Champions League, they want to progress and I could help them do that."

Celtic hasn't gone after him yet....and probably won't....

The Czech right back also claims he wants to play for Celtic(Who can blame him?) and Heinz 57's agent wants a lot more money since his fantastic :rolleyes: European performance(see Zenga's article). I haven't heard about the John Jakob rumour but I'm sure there is some substance to it.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hasselbank himself is on a search for Fasty.

He's off to the Boro like Frodo to begin his quest for the Fastshow.

Unlucky Jimmy, although you and Viduka could be a not bad tandem.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0