Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Shamrock

Are we still on for the same bet as last season???
Beer Garden pints on the Sunday of the Nation's Cup or a case of beers!!!

GuinnesslovesfreebeerfromCelticsupporters!!!:knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon Captain.

The core of Celtic is on it's last legs.

Lambert - afraid to pass the halfway line
Lennon - tragic
Larrson - great player, but not interested anymore
Thompson - hopefully he'll take all your peno's next year
Mjallby - and you think Amo was bad
Douglass - Alan Rough in disguise

Sellick have bought fcuk all and your banking on your YTS players.

Good luck....you'll need it, pal.

51 domestic championships....coming up!

Buckfast

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Guinness, we are on again.

Bucky,

I guess I'll have to rely on the Youth system the way things are going. However, I am still confident we will win the league back......

Captain Optimism :rolleyes:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Bucky,

Why no mention of the treble winners' magnificent result against a German div 2 (as in amateur) side on the same night Celtic were getting humped by Man U?

JAHN REGENSBURG 2 RANGERS 1

Carry on.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
Yes, Guinness, we are on again.

Are we still on too? :rolleyes:

Jinky: Even tougher yet, we have Linfield coming up don't we?
Fcuk me that is pa-the-tic.

Seriously though, I hear that Rangers vs. Arsenal may be shown at the Croatian Centre.
I didn't even know.
Can someone confirm if this is indeed a real friendly or just shite? :confused:

Cheers,

RF

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

I believe I still owe you a case of the good stuff. I can't believe you didn't remind me at the beer garden. Send me a PM and we will meet. What was the order again? Let me know. Yes, our bet will be on again, once I pay you from last year(Unlike Buckfast who still owes from two years ago.) :D

Celtic plays Arsenal on August 2 in between Champions League qualifying games. As for Rangers, who lost to a division two German amateur side the other day(Thanks for that, Jinky), they play Everton tomorrow according to Willhill. I don't know when they play their Brother Blue Noses in Belfast. I can't imagine many people caring anyway. :p

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers O' Captain of the four leaf clover.
I just wish I had something to 'cheer' you with. :D

:mad:
:rolleyes:
:wa:

Ooooooh!!...When I wash my face I wash my arse an all, my arse an all!!.........

Both matches at Parkhead and Ibrox?
Let's hope they fare well against a side that arguably is better than Man U.

They're selling out Bluenoses at the Everton game for charity.
I'll make sure my Uncle John gets me three.
Can you guess for who? ;)
Actually I should get six so I get ones for masel, Bucky and Guinny. :p

And, BTW it's not the good stuff, it's the best stuff.
McKewans' Strong Ale ma Celtic brotha.
But a Baby Cham the next time we meet will dae in the Interim.

Cheerio,

Bluenoseforever

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update for our FOD supporters....

Rangers 2 Everton 3
By Jon West, PA Sport

England striker Wayne Rooney was at the centre of an injury scare after being stretchered off during his side's 3-2 win at Rangers.

The 17-year-old was treated for an ankle ligament injury after being hurt in a 36th-minute challenge with Bob Malcolm.

Rooney was strapped to the stretcher and taken straight down the tunnel for treatment. He remained at the ground during the second half while the Everton medical staff assessed the severity of the problem.

Rangers took a 21st-minute lead through Scotland striker Steven Thompson, who rose above ex-Celtic defender Alan Stubbs to head home a Neil McCann cross.

Everton equalised in the 65th minute through a David Unsworth penalty after Michael Ball, the former Everton defender, had been adjudged to have illegally blocked Thomas Radzinski.

David Moyes' side took the lead in the 79th minute through Chinese international Li Tie, who had only been on the pitch for two minutes before lashing in powerfully from distance.

But that lead was short-lived as another substitute, striker Michael Mols, netted two minutes later, rolling the ball home after a Shota Arveladze effort had been half blocked.

Stubbs had been booed by the home fans for his Celtic past but had the last laugh in the final minute when his free kick was deflected past goalkeeper Stefan Klos and into the net.

The match, which attracted a crowd of 28,000, also marked a first Ibrox appearance of Rangers' new signing Nuno Capucho.

The former Porto man played only the first 45 minutes however before being replaced by Arveladze.

Duncan Ferguson, whose colourful spell at Rangers included a controversial jail sentence, came on for Everton for the final 13 minutes.

I'm sure they expected more at Castle Greyskull than that. I guess they were all sleeping in after staying up to watch Celtic/Boca Juniors. :rolleyes:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cannae wait for the season to start.....

Sham-diddy,

I'm glad you take so much stock in the preseason. Yet another example of why good footballers, don't necessarily make for good managers. What a shame.

Jinks,

Read the above.

(All though he knows full well, that it was the 'Gers' unfortunate result against Von Borink Keeper FC which faciltated my silence on the Man Ure thrashing and amateur display v Boca Clothes for Fat Broads Jr.:rolleyes:)

PS - Captain, as of the apres TTP Golf Tourney I no longer take to heart any jabs for "non-payment". I offered cold, hard, uncounted currency, which you would have none of:confused:

Missing both of you on a glorious Saturday afty.

Buckfast.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky,

If you consider holding up your pitcher of beer and offering me a swig 'cold hard cash', then fair enough. I wouldn't accept such an offer, especially since I was cleansing at that time. :p

The Bad Manager

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottish powerhouse Livi?

Livi to link up with Man Utd

Man Utd want more Scots youngsters like Darren Fletcher
Livingston are to become a feeder club for Manchester United in a move that Livi chief executive Jim Leishman believes will help attract the cream of Scottish youngsters to the club.
A formal announcement of the deal is expected soon, but Leishman confirmed that discussions had been taking place between the clubs for some time.

The tie-up is one of several such agreements United hope to conclude in the coming months, with a number already established across the world.

It would mean United would get first refusal on Livingston's best youngsters, while Livi could get fringe players from United's squad on loan.

Leishman says the deal could bring real benefits for his team.

"We will be able to attract the top Scottish youngsters to Livingston, with the incentive that they might make it to one of the best clubs in Europe," he told BBC Scotland.

"Only a small percentage will be good enough to go to Manchester United, and the others will be given the chance to make it at the top level with Livingston.

"We are a developing club and we've always emphasised that we will tryng to bring through good youngsters.

We want to attract the best Scottish youngsters

Livingston chief executive Jim Leishman
"In the past, we've lost youngsters to English clubs. We've developed them but when they leave school they can turn down our offers for bigger clubs in England.

"This is a chance to keep youngsters for a longer period."

Manchester United chief executive Peter Kenyon said: "Things with Livingston aren't finalised but they will be very shortly.

"We have several relationships like it throughout the world and we're hopeful this one will be just as successful.

"Livi are in a good catchment area and we see this as a long-term arrangement between the clubs.

"Manchester United used to get a lot of players from Scotland. That has dried up in recent years so maybe this will help change that."

Young Scots Darren Fletcher and Michael Stewart are on the fringes of the United squad at the moment, but no Scots have proved a real success on the pitch at Old Trafford since Brian McClair.

Maybe the SPL will become a three horse race.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Scottish powerhouse Livi?

Originally posted by steve1234
while Livi could get fringe players from United's squad on loan.

A neat trick but....

"Here now Diego, I know you're coming off an injury and you're out of sorts with the Manager".
"However, to get you back to full fitness and touch, we've arranged to stick you into the SPL for 6 weeks to get it all back - What do you say?"
"And nae bother on the payroll, Mr. Leishman has kindly agreed to take on your 15,000 quid weekly salary for the duration."
"Sounds like a win/win to me".

Cheers on the update StevieWonder234, but I'll believe it when I see it.
It'll be one way with those fcukers down south raping and fcuking us around as they have for the last few centuries.

PS - Watched the 'Tic yesterday and I must say I was impressed.
AND, the guy who I fcuking can't stand the most was outstanding - Sutton.
Celtic's summer preparation with the talent they've played this week and coming up has me actually fancying them to go to the Group Stage.

:mad: ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PSG WAIT ON YAKIN BID
Paris St Germain are waiting for reaction from Basle after making an official bid for the Swiss side's playmaker Hakan Yakin.

Basle have promised to make a decision whether to accept the bid or not by Monday evening, with neither side prepared to discuss the sum involved.

Yakin emerged as a star of Basle's team last season when they impressed in the early stages of the Champions League, and the offer from PSG came after talks between the two clubs over the last week.

PSG faxed their offer to Basle on Saturday night, after their president, Francis Graille, indicated by phone earlier that he would be bidding.

Hello, O'Neill, are you fcuking there? If PSG get Yakin, I would be fcuking gutted. This guy is quality and we certainly need to bolster the midfield. He can also play up front if need be.

The Gutted Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
5 freakin' games!

Celtic look set to appeal the additional one match ban imposed on Chris Sutton for his comments after the final game of last season at Rugby Park. Sutton stated that which every Celtic fan most likely believed in that Dunfermline would most likely lie down to the Huns at Ibrox on the final day of last season and has now received a five game ban for his troubles. Amazing when you consider that a fellow professional can spit on another, or indeed racially abuse another fellow pro, be caught on camera in the act and receive no punishment. Anyway we here at ETims towers doubt whether the appeal will have any bearing on the final outcome.

In transfer news Celtic are being strongly linked with Celestine Babayaro, the Nigerian left back from Chelsea who has apparently fell down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge. Apparently available for £3 million, his representatives are widely reported to have held talks last week.

5 games is huge. Especially if Hartson will not be ready. Thank god for all our depth we have.;)

Parkhead

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only 5 games???

With a beak like that and considering the fact he's an English cnut, I'd say he deserves at least 10 !!!:rolleyes:

Funny how you can do pretty much anything on the pitch, but as soon as you spout off in public about officials or other teams you're certain to be punished harshly...

Guinnessstillcan'tfeelsorryforthattwat!!!;)

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is ridiculous that he got 5 games. He did not say anything about the officials all he said was Dunfermline would lay down. Big deal. If he had come out and said Dunfermline are shite and Rangers will lump them, What's the difference. He calling out Dunfermline players not the league.I Do not get this one, I could see a game but 5.

Come On

Parkheadwilljusthavetosettleforalittlemaloneytolarrsonmagicinstead

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon Parkhead, be serious...

It's a combination of showing a complete lack of professionalism and questioning the integrity of those within the league. It's plain and simple bullsh*t to make comments like those. Spitting or making racial slurs tend to happen in the heat of the moment, during the game - you don't hear any Ranger being interviewed a few days before the match saying how much he hates that monkey Balde......if that happened, I'd say 5 games for stuff like that as well. Saying a team is shite and Rangers will lump them is VERY different from saying that they will not be professional and make an effort in the game. His comments discredit not only Dunfermline but the league in general. And my thoughts on that stand for any player on any team in any league in any sport. Gretzky called NJ Devils a mickey mouse organization before, and received great backlash for it, but he did not question the integrity of the players. It was disgraceful thing on Sutton's part and the punishment fits the crime.

Downtownhopesparkheadtalksmoresenseinkamloops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0