Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Salt Spring Island Tourney

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct,we are staying in Duncan as we couldnt find anywhere to stay on SS.
Lots of ferry ridin lol

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC wins the SSI Challenge Cup.

I know the Rangers won the drinking title for sure this year.

Stallion I saw you guys win the rec Div way to go.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know the Rangers won the drinking title for sure this year.

We do try. :D

I guarantee we field team for all games. That is it. We will show up. I predict a tie and a bunch of losses.

No tie. But we did show up to all our games mostly on time.

Thanks to the Gordon Head boys for making the final game a complete mockery of the sport and going with the 13 man per team shootout where the final score was 6-3. Brilliant.

Congrats ghouse.

The Holiday Inn has been officially closed by the powers that be for next year. We shall return to a different place next year.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 1 - 0 Belmont.

Congrats to ACBC. You are a very KEEN team. Interesting warm-up...including army-styled clapping. Provided us with plenty of entertainment as we sat and waited to play you.

The final was close. ACBC's best player (is he the one trying out in Europe?) with a cracker about 10 minutes into the second half that we had no answer for. We had a few great chances but it wasn't our day. Your sideline gets very worked up at the ref and some of the physical play...for a summer tourney...

Rangers were in very fine form and are good fellas. They seemed to have a bit of trouble the night before that spilled into our game a bit at half time :) Hope the young kid is healing up ok. GREAT save Army on the PK...that's twice you've robbed him now and I think he's shattered.

All in all a great tournament and we'll be back next year.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers were in very fine form and are good fellas. They seemed to have a bit of trouble the night before that spilled into our game a bit at half time :) Hope the young kid is healing up ok. GREAT save Army on the PK...that's twice you've robbed him now and I think he's shattered.

Well done to you guys. Nice to see someone other than saltspring win it and them not even in the final.

i gave that one back later so it all evened up. Still not sure how it got through my legs. I guess i should watch the middle ball next time.

Thankfully the locals realized we were not all 19 years old and 5'6". They just wanted to talk about it apparently and check out the damage to car.:rolleyes: Our young guy is doing well, although he may still be on Saltspring as i type this. the 3 young guys got thoroughly demoralized sunday night and when i left monday am, there was no movement from their tent even after their tarp was ripped down as it was attached to one of the rvs. :D I poked one of them with a stick but didn't get a response. I am sure they just got a later ferry.

Be thankful, it rained and you didn't have to see what a bunch of dicks we were!!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. What a weekend. Can't wait for next year. Blaze, and Ghouse, sorry didn't meet up somewhere, really did want to try the Demoralizer. Weekend went something like this:
Friday, start drinking at 8 AM, don't stop until 1:30, currently holding team record for most beers bonged. Half team misses ferry, one keg down.
Saturday, morning starts with game, outplayed 95% of time, but win. Start drinking in between and get outplayed 95% of time but win again. Go home, start drinking again and polish of the last 2 kegs. 3 players get kicked out of campsite for having a fire extinguisher fight in the beach house thing there. Funny as hell but sucks to get out of your clothes. Go to bed at 4:30.
Sunday, 1st game at 9, against D2 VMSL, somehow dominate on no sleep. Drinking begins, we lose next game and tie our last. We get into the final, decide to maybe take it easy on Sunday night. Lots of tequila and beer later, we're on the road partying as we don't want to get kicked out of our campsite. Cops come, threaten jail, take our Citronella and tiki torches but leave our alcohol. We call it a night at 2:30.
Monday, wake up to the camp manager giving us an hour to get out as he's called the cops on us, we haul ass, get outta there, go to the pub for a beer and the final. Win on an own goal, get booed by pretty much 200 fans which was awesome. Could barely walk on the ferry ride home but was able to toss back a couple celebration beers. Can't wait for next year.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to ACBC on the win too, had a ferry to catch but did manage to catch the goal, really hope we're not in your group next year :)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21,

i think i saw you guys play at portlock aka the holiday inn. You guys wore red i think. Maybe it wasn't you.

If anyone was offended by our jerseys i would like to say
PBBBTTTTTTTTTTTSTTT! to you. Get over it. It was a good story but very few people actually asked about it. They didn't want to talk soemone wearing it.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21,

i think i saw you guys play at portlock aka the holiday inn. You guys wore red i think. Maybe it wasn't you.

If anyone was offended by our jerseys i would like to say
PBBBTTTTTTTTTTTSTTT! to you. Get over it. It was a good story but very few people actually asked about it. They didn't want to talk soemone wearing it.

Yup, we definitely wore red, must have been on Saturday, did we put on a display of soccer talent or what? What jersey's were you wearing? Were they the blue ones with the cocks on them?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice, I didn't realize that was you, otherwise I would have said hi. My buddy's cousin was playing you and he said you guys were VicWest or something.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st game. comox valley i think. We surprising enough lost that one. Gave up 3 goals. one on the usual deflection and the other was assisted by our left d-man who gave a great through ball to their forward from about 25 out. We mustered barely a shot at net but got in 2 or 3 quality demoralizers.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st game. comox valley i think. We surprising enough lost that one. Gave up 3 goals. one on the usual deflection and the other was assisted by our left d-man who gave a great through ball to their forward from about 25 out. We mustered barely a shot at net but got in 2 or 3 quality demoralizers.

To be better prepared for next year, what exactly does a Demoralizer entail? And it was Comox Valley, very good side, missed out on the final due to losing to ACBC.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And it was Comox Valley, very good side, missed out on the final due to losing to ACBC.

We also beat them 2-0. ACBC and Belmont had a little space between ourselves and the other teams. In the round robin you just can't lose. We went through on 2 wins and 3 ties and ACBC went through on 3 wins and 2 ties I think. All of the other teams took at least 1 loss.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0