Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Salt Spring Island Tourney

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone ever been to this tournament? We're going this year as I had heard awhile back that it's a blast. Judging from the pictures on it's website, it looks like it's well attended as the sidelines for the games have like 1000 people on them (plus I heard that too). Apparently it's a big boozefest too as there's not much else to do there. If anyone has been to it recently and has any info/ideas that'd be great. Thanks.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fun tourney.

The key is to find a place to stay that will let you stay there when they find out you are there for Soccerfest. A lot of campgrounds etc won't allow soccerfest related stays at their facilities due to rowdiness etc. We stay at a place with a pool and i would have to kill you if i told you where. :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't be too many places with a pool on Salt Spring :) although would much rather camp. A reservation for 25 doesn't give it away, does it?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have played there as well and we stayed in Duncan and ferried in every morning,,,cheep as a walk on and Duncan ,,well its ,its, Interesting. We had fun though...I recomend it,,,games are very short. Beer is cold. The shoot out contest on Sunday is a hoot.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year it was 25 or 30 minute halfs. you played 3 games saturday and 2 sunday with the finals etc on monday. The shortness of games made 0-0 scores pretty common. On the saturday we had 3 0-0 draws.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the shortness of games will actually make us be able to finish the weekend. Looking more forward to it. Are there any good places to drink the night away?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont (Trinity Western University) back again for 2007. Lost to Saltspring in the finals last year so will try to fix that. Good tourney and great crowds at the high school.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we win one game I'll be happy, I'm pretty sure every other team will be higher caliber and not there to party so much. By the sounds of it we should be going to Penticton :)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Must be a popular tournament, Men's Open filled up in 2 hours, Women's not far behind, they may make another division. T-Idiot, bandcamp, you guys get in?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
How are you getting your info? I don't handle the registration so I don't know if we're in or not.
I was delegated tournament finder so I had to do the registration. I just went to the website and it has a message posting about how quickly it filled up and that they may revisit the closing of Men's and Women's rec division.

Too bad T-Idiot, it'd be nice to meet some more TTPer's

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were in,,We decided to head to the Island instead of K-Town or Penticton this year as our team smokes more than we drink. LOL.
The Saltspring tournament is alot of fun and way less driving yet seems to be farther away than the Okanagan. The people are way cool and very nice. It also gets alot of locals out watching the games and helping out.
A great vibe if you know what I mean.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
A lot of campgrounds etc won't allow soccerfest related stays at their facilities due to rowdiness etc. We stay at a place with a pool and i would have to kill you if i told you where. :D

So true, the first 6 places we called wouldn't take soccer teams. We did manage to find a place with new owners, a pool, hot tub and sauna. I'd tell you where, but I'd have to kill you ;)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
Can't be too many places with a pool on Salt Spring :) although would much rather camp. A reservation for 25 doesn't give it away, does it?

We just up. they expect us to be there every year and wouldn't think of not having us stay there.

As for the nighttime drinking, the pub at the marina was super super busy last year. Huge lineups outside. Me and a buddy walked in past the line and ordered drinks for our whole club. 20 minutes later we have drinks but no teammates to help us drink them. we found 2 likely lasses and drank them all together in about 15 minutes. Then left with them to go to a house party. Found our guys in the RV bus and everyone piled in, including 2 local from bar and 3 more younger girls picked up on the side of the road. I believe everyone from the bar ended up at the same party. Except me, i was not allowed in so stayed in the rv and drank myself until i thought i was seeing things.

Good night. Sunday morning was a tad rough mind you..

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now I'm really excited (and scared, week before my wedding), but if you're there this year, look forward to having a pint.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0