Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rumors?????

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like Khalsa is out of the VMSL and that the Royals have been added to Div. 1, as the next best team from Div. 2.

Not sure what is going on, but I know that Khalsa has just won the Challenge Cup up in K-town, beating the Caps Reserves and then Vic. U with only 11 men for both matches, perhaps that is the problem, again.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many phone calls are the Morri brothers getting right now? They'll be the most sought after brother combo in Vnacouver since the Neidermayers...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have not talked to anyone, that is all from Mr. Azzi and the upcoming Div. 1 sides on the site.
I am sure Foden is on the phone to Millar right now.

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps there should have been a play-off then, you could play it at Swangard before a WhiteCaps match to showcase the league, at least the fans wouldn't have to sit through another nil-nil draw.
Pre-season play-off games, now that is excitment.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bunny & Gav are now with Inter.

The following are confirmed going to Trollups:

Spada (coach)
Reedy
Jinky
Doddy
Shorty
Burr
Nico
London

Sarge is going to Columbus O35s.

Cannon is probably going Trollups O35s.

WAB is apparently trying to throw some cash around.

That's it, that's all I know. Well actually, that's not true but I'm sworn to secrecy on some bigger stuff... :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wind up

So what does that mean for the 7 current Trollups? Where will they go? Obviously those are all 'starting quality' players. I know I'd be pissed if I lost my spot to them because they sure a shite didn't seem to care or weren't interested enough to play and avoid relegation for their club last year, why should they give a toss this season? :eek:

LiketheTrollupsweren'ttryingtokillmeasitis.... :rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wind up

knvb said:
So what does that mean for the 7 current Trollups?

I heard the Carphins are going out to play with Slurrey United, something about Foden want more intensity in training sessions.

That is sure some great signings for the Trollers, but if they couldn't get the job done for Peg last year, and were relegated, why will playing out of Ambleside make the results any different?

Looks like Inter is getting stronger and stronger, great signings.

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the players didn't want to stick together and help get the team promoted back to premier or does Surrey FC Pegasus have other things in mind for the squad?

Loyaltymyarse CSC

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well congratulations are in order to Surrey United who have landed the biggest and baddest free agent signing thus far: Matt Mori

I spoke with him today at Cloverdale Athletic and he confirmed that he will/has signed with Surrey. The acquistions of Millar and Mori, along with the return of Deacon should make Surrey a team to be reckoned with.

Other rumblings include a possible Premier team folding (too many players abandoning the ship after the Skipper left) and Sikh Temple being promoted into Premier.

Ah, As the World Turns in the VMSL.........

PS/ Preseason begins tomorrow in the INDO/AKAL camp.....

Gilly

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess Surrey have ammended their practice policy to one of: never have to. That's the only way that I can see Mori going to the NY Rangers of the VMSL!!! We need economic certainty people!!! :rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gilly said:
Well congratulations are in order to Surrey United who have landed the biggest and baddest free agent signing thus far: Matt Mori

Looks like knvb will see lots of Pine this year, no not a Pine Box (the Carphins are not going to Slurrey), he will be riding the Pine with all the Free Agent signings, come to the Mighty Rangers (Muckers of the FVSL).

Indo has picked up a few of the Old Khalsa cast-offs (Harry and that little Jinky CJ kid), but they still need a keeper until October while Didar is away, they even wanted to Rent a Wreck for the month, but that keeper is way past his prime.

Not sure about the Burnaby Camp, but it is sure sad if the team does leave Premier, too bad they couldn't see if some of the Cliff Ave boys could help out, but I don't think you can CAT between Premier and Div. 1, but that would be a good system. Where is Notty, I am sure he can update us on the Capitals?

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear Notty is going to Clan-Bus as well...

mickey gilly said:
The acquistions of Millar and Mori, along with the return of Deacon should make Surrey a team to be reckoned with.
You mean winning the league twice, the provincial cup and being in two of the three cup finals over the last 4 seasons wasn't enough? Man, the standards over at camp Indo are certainly high.

Hos, we don't play the same spot, nipple, but you've sucked me in none the less haven't you? Well played. Since its SU day we've also signed a lad from England, Tom Elliot, who in no word of a lie is"The Criminal" part II. Our height average starting at the back should come in around 6'4" this year.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This whole Surrey United = New York Yankees dichotomy is an interesting study. You've got:

Millar/Randy Johnson - Lanky, well-travelled, talented veteran free agent looking for another shot at a ring. Millar doesn't have the Big Unit mullet, but he is moving to Surrey, so don't count it out.

Foden/Steinbrenner - The Boss. Never afraid to stockpile talent, at any cost.

KNVB/Bernie Williams - Did you know Bernie has been a Yankee for 15 years? This compares favorably with Hleucka, who has been playing with Surrey U since the Iran-Contra Affair. Both are in the twilight of their careers, and seemingly oblivious to all the player moves being made around them as a sign of being "phased out".

Please feel free to add more. I know everybody is chomping at the bit to get their Giambi comparison out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0