Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RRSL 2006 (aka "The Airport League")

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP = just another bitter pork chop:D

Kops 3 Spurs 1

Followed the same script exactly as the last game we played against this team. They score on a couple of fast breaks against a sleeping back line and still-nonplussed SCP (filling in for the missing FCbytca); we come back in the 2nd half and camp out in their end. This time their keeper kept the score in their favour.

Freestyler with a peno in his last game before going under the knife for his back (speedy recovery, bud!) did the job for us; Lapa as usual put on a midfield clinic and Gurps was solid in the back, but our guys couldn't finish in Nevada houses of ill repute (or at the Italian Centre) with $1000 bills in their hands....:rolleyes: Tater was MIA for this one as well; we'd have to give coif of the match to Jaime again.....

Onwards and downward...

Trece

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i r not sure if i can play this wednesday again, will find out tomorrow night if i can work the morning shift

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wednesday's games:

Spurs v. Barley @ South Arm 1
Justice v. Primos @ South Arm 2 (bye week)
Air Canada v. UN @ Steves 1
Canadians v. Cosmos @ Steves 2

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i just try to blend in with my homies, you know its like those zellers commercials.......its pffreesh

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
too pffreesh...:rolleyes:

Spurs 5 Barley 2 (or as they'll say on their website, "a severly depleted Barley":rolleyes: :rolleyes: ).

Freestyler's surgery delayed for a month, so we have him for the rest of the season. Celebrated by popping another one. Toddy was nearly on fire, slamming two in off various questionable parts of his anatomy, and having a 3rd dubiously called back as offside. Another fine episode of the Lapa show, as the guy put on another clinic wherever he was on the field. He'll make Portugal an interesting team to play against for the Nation's Cup.

Barley have picked up some young guy with cornrowed hair who runs like a friggin' gazelle: all legs and speed to burn - probable all of 19. He beat our geriatric back line and chipped one over Wee Scouse Andy and began to celebrate. SCP stopped him dead with this zinger: "Way to go. You just beat two guys over 40." You sure told him...:rolleyes: :p :D

With Andy between the pipes, we got to evaluate SCP and FCbytca out on the field. Not the prettiest of scenarios, but it did work. No Tater or Gurps (he requested another bail bond for his trip to Vegas; I sent it in lira...) but still lots of bodies around.

No Animal or younger generation of McBrides to contend with; Barley had to be content with only a single yellow, which plays havoc with their season average.

Cheers boys; you'll have to figure something else out for your Legends Nite this year.

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcukin' been forever since anybody posted in here...

catchup time:

Canadians 3 Spurs 2 - wasn't at this one, but told that Canadians were up 3 donut and almost blew the game as we played the 2nd half come-back again...apparently no comments about this one from either CIC or our TTPers.

Air Canada 7 Spurs 4 - real defensive struggle; halftime score was 5-1 for AC. Once again, 2nd half comeback as things just started to click again, but fell just a bit short.

Anybody alive out there? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
actually last week, i didn't get the mail until the next day after the game so i thought ithere was no game :( so i have no game......anywhoooooo wed. game was not too shabby, all 3 goals scored on us were well deserved

PS: I PLAYED GREAT YET AGAIN

PPS: where the hell have you been

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Niño #1 was playing a provincial qualifier for water polo at UBC, so had to go to that instead. One of those family commitment things that you just can't get out of...

3 against us? How many for us? No post from the Rattler yet, so he must still be drunk from Wed. night...

Trece

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadians 3 Justice 5

We played with 7 men and managed to take a 1-nil lead before going down 2-1 at half. Tied it up right from the off and made it a game again. Both teams traded goals midway through and that's when the tired legs gave out and we conceded two more in the final 15.

Justice are a SHOC-KING squad, how does a full squad let another with only 7 men not only score, but put 3 goals in the back of the net?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
club_i_champ said:
Canadians 3 Justice 5

We played with 7 men and managed to take a 1-nil lead before going down 2-1 at half. Tied it up right from the off and made it a game again. Both teams traded goals midway through and that's when the tired legs gave out and we conceded two more in the final 15.

Justice are a SHOC-KING squad, how does a full squad let another with only 7 men not only score, but put 3 goals in the back of the net?

It's possible Club I Champ. We, Albion Ferries, Champions of 2006 in the Over-35 Ladner League, had 7 men 3 weeks ago and only lost 6 - 4. :D It was the victory that gave us the courage to go on the cup run and snatch the title from the 3 teams seeded ahead of us. Basically the stuff legends are made of. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0