Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RRSL 2006 (aka "The Airport League")

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back again for another summer of excuses to get out of the house on Wednesday nights.

Kickoffs at 6:45 except for the first and last 2 games at 6:30.

Down to 8 teams this year; ACBC (holder of the world's ugliest kit) and Inter Steaua didn't come back. In for this year:

Air Canada (AC)
Canadians (CAN)
Cosmos (COS)
Justice (JUS)
Malt'n'Barley (MNB)
Primos FC (PRI)(formerly Champlain Heights)
Spurs (SPR)
United Nations (UN)

Every team in the league (except Justice) has at least one TTPer on the roster; some have multiple.

Historically:

Air Canada - Vaselos, Showtime
Canadians - Can't Head A Ball
Cosmos - Club I Champ
Justice - ?
Malt'n'Barley - Animal
Primos - Vinnie
Spurs - Trece Verde, SCP, Gurps, hedKandi, Coolhead
UN - Texas Rattler, Cerebral Smallsy

Maybe different this year. Let us know who else is in...

Games this Wednesday (again, all 6:30 starts):

AC – COS South Arm 1
CAN – PRI South Arm 2
JUS – MNB Steves 1
SPR – UN Steves 2

Let the banter and Pisstakes begin.

Good luck to all,

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope, RRSL - Richmond Recreational Soccer League.

Same initials, some of the same muppets, different day of the week. Also known as the "Wednesday Night" league to distinguish it from either the "Tuesday Night" or the "Thursday Night" league. Nothing to do with Keith Kornder.

Old website used to be maintained by some Dumpster Diver at http://www.rrsl.ca but he seems to be too lazy to do anything with it...:D

Trece

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
oooooh richmond league eh.....any teams looking for a keeper or just a player?? i live in richmond and should be available most wednesdays nights. If you need players pm me please.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece,

I'm in retirement this year:(. Not playing with the Canadians. Playing Burnaby Lake Co-Ed Indoor in the summer. Better looking players, at least half of them. I think Jimmy the Piano is back running things over there. Good luck this summer.

CHAB

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Playing Burnaby Lake Co-Ed Indoor in the summer. Better looking players, at least half of them.
Thanks, Rectal -- you're not half bad yourself. :D

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper......what if there are more than one that are good to look at? Are they Rectums or Recti or Rectals? We've had that philosophical discussion before.

I know Jimmy the Piano or his dad likes Trece Verde's back end:D I always wondered about those two.

Hey Trece, looks like Malt'n'Barley is still kicking around. There should be some good scraps this year if John is still reffing:rolleyes:.

CHAB

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CHAB:

Rectii. Except for Keeper. He's a front bum.

You're too old to play co-ed, but also too old to be threatening to the majority of the female players there.:D I guess you're safe.:rolleyes: :p

I wouldn't pick up the soap in front of most of the Muppets in this league. Sure, most people want a piece of my arse, but it usually has to do with how the game is played and not how pretty me bum is.:rolleyes:

Getting worried about you, too.

Re the scraps, El Presidente tells me that he's going to "crack down" (his words) on "that kind of behaviour" so that it's supposed to be less of an issue this year.:rolleyes: Told him I have a bridge too...

Father John will of course be back. It's how he gets out of the house (as he will tell anyone present who will both listen and give him a free beer). Dave McDonald I'm not sure about; met him at the Whitecaps game and he told me he hasn't heard a peep out of anybody with anything to do with the league yet. Didn't realize as well that he is Steve's uncle.

almost ready for Wednesday,

Trece

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well summer is upon us and the fields at Manoah and South Arm are looking none too bad these days. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and some newer ones to the UN ranks this summer. Cerebral Smallsy retired from the team a couple of years ago ; something about nutmegging getting too easy. Anyways I believe our average age has dropped by about 10 years with Bruno and Nesin unofficially tossing in the towel and us being able to pick up some younger legs that should bring the average age to 33 years now lol :) :) . Should be a good first game tommorow look forward to seeing Stew and his Spurs in the kickoff of the season. Good Luck to all the rest of the way ! cheers , The Rattler

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey vinnie!...are you gonna call me up for some summer ball? I gotta slug it out with animal again this year. :D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, yeah, purses at 5 paces...:rolleyes:

UN 7 Spurs 2 - not as bad as it sounds (riiiigght). We played with 10; they had 17. Score after the half was actually only 3-2 to them; our guys just ran out of steam. MIA were Gurps, Coolhead and several other individuals whose appearance would have been appreciated. We know Gurps is tied to a desk somewhere with a pile of tax returns in front of him, but where everybody was is still a mystery.

Great game by FCbytca; ringing a peno in off the post to make it interesting. Seriously, Watcher, you guys have got to let the boy get out on the field once in a while.

Little worried about the Texas Rattler; it appeared that something was rattling in his gut and then in his shorts after the sounds he was coming out with. Possibly too many jalapeños in the Subway diet lately?:D

Score according to the Barley boys was 1-0 in their game with one of the two keepers going down with a blown-out knee. Didn't get to hear which one (Kops or Barley's) it was. Ouch.

Animal, anything to add (aside from Father John's usual unusual effort in the middle)?

Trece

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well , Well , Well stew

It appears you have missed who scored the second goal (me) FCBYTA ( short for who's a beotch ) told me that he would have saved it ( which I highly doubt that kinda' heat woulda put us in victoria but hey whatever...). My goal was actually a cracker that no one could have saved anywho as the score reflects we took advantage of a undermaned spurs altough it should have been 8-2 at half (being nice) we crapped the bed on several chances! Stew was no where to be found ( I resent the fact that you thought I had no outcome on the game) p.s. 1 goal 4 dirrect assists I guess I suck Fro' monger' and then we proceeded to outdrink JUSTICE , BARLEY , & SPURS for the coveted LAST MAN STANDING AWARD. Sorry to hear about the goalie from barley wish you a speedy recovery .......... cheers the rattler

p.s. Stew get your fax straight before you post I dominated you
.... eat a dik and go Bears
p.p.s. Please don't ever piss me off again!:wa: :wa: :wa:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any chance you had a few beers before posting that, Rattler?

By the way, and no offense, but it's kinda hard to sound mean when you put p.p.s's and the word please in your post.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rattler:

Posting pissed again, eh? Amazing the moments of clarity you can have at 3:36 AM...
( I resent the fact that you thought I had no outcome on the game)
??Where did I say that, Jared?? After that first loud women's tennis-like grunt, and the worm-burner that followed it, nobody (on either team) wanted to go anywhere near you. That definitely had an impact on the game. So did the second explosion. All we said was that you may want to ease up on the spicy stuff for a while.:D

get your fax straight before you post I dominated you

My fax are straight. You dominated me? You weren't anywhere near me on the field until handshakes after the game. Better see a doctor about those hallucinations you're having...

Commendable that you outdrank Barley. That is an accomplishment, considering the mob they usually have out and the fact that they've always got a BBQ going. Our consumption, like our numbers, is down quite a bit, as a lot of our more hardcore guys have retired (Max, Brent, Rod, etc.). We'll have to teach FCbytca how to drink.:D

Trece

ps - shite the bed, not your shorts.:D :p :rolleyes:

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
pffffffft teach me how to drink, please, after the game I downed a solid 2 Liters of Orange Juice with pulp, I'll show you who can't drink :D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So let me get this straight. There is two RRSL's, one on Tuesday, one on Wednesday? One of the leagues should change their name to the Real Richmond Recreation Soccer League (the RRRSL). No, really.

Anyhow, if any team would like to really bring up their handsome factor for some games this summer, give me a shout (PM). My physio assures me I will be able to play soccer this summer. Apparently playing the violin is still out of the question though.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cosmos 6 - Canadians 3

I walked upto the field at 630 only to see 4 players warming up, at that point another 3 step out of a car and we have 8, game on.

We kickoff just trying to holding them off, letting Cosmos possess the ball in their back 4 while we make a flat 7 man wall.

After 20 minutes of dicking around just humping the ball forward we give up a silly goal and we find ourselves down one early. Thankfully we earn a free kick two minutes later and equalize. Shortly there after, a 2 vs. 1 against Canadians, the Cosmo players tries to cross it over between myself over to his streaking left winger. I manage to cut it off with my outstrecthed leg with the side of my boot, it happens to roll back to the keep 6 or 7 yards away, bloody ref calls a back pass!

I proceed to tell him what a crap call that was, were playing summer ball, and we have 8 men, lighten up you wanker. They miss the free kick, but end up potting two more to our one, 3-2 at half.

Second half starts, we have two more guys on the pitch and we play the remainder with 10 men. I equalize from the spot ( a shot that no one could possibly have stopped:rolleyes: ) maybe 5 minutes in and we think we've stolen a point. However that wasnt the case as we played the last 30 we had no gas left in the tank and gave up IMO a few soft goals.

Vinnie has his winter boys out this summer, a far better squad then previous years, but had we had 11 men, we could of taken them, no problem ;)

Sorry to hear about M&B's keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0