Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RRSL 2006 (aka "The Airport League")

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that the Boneyfish could ever be accused of having ulterior motives regarding a rival team...:D

If this is the same Primos, I still don't see what would be conflictive between the two schedules; the RRRRRRRRRSL only plays on Wednesday nights, and the MSA only on weekends. I mean, it's not that these guys aren't young enough to play more than one game a week (except Vinnie) or that any of them have lives:D ...

Too funny - one of the MSA directors is my next-door neighbour. Played on his Centro America team for a couple of years in the past, but then the wife was starting to gripe about the 4 games a week I was playing, so one of them had to fall by the wayside. Since it was a neighbour and she knew where he lived, he got grief for it too...:rolleyes:

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right, it is a silly question...:rolleyes:

Air Canada v Cosmos @ South Arm #1
Canadians v Primos @ South Arm #2 (maybe - if Primos are still in the league...)
Justice v Barley @ Steves #1 (brawl time)
Spurs v UN @ Steves #1

Trece

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
Spurs 3 Justice 2

Kops with a 2-0 lead at the half. Boys dug in and pulled it off. Lots of good pressure, and finally some finish in the 2nd half. Couple of dodgy calls by a new ref (!) both ways, including a makeup call to us for a handball in the box that resulted in us getting one back on the peno (made up for a much more blatant one in the 1st half that he missed completely). Marco (special guest courtesy of Gurps) with the peno and a clinical finish on his 2nd, FCbytca with a solid game in the pipes (victimised only on a couple of bad breakaways), and Lapa and Gurps with a rock-solid game in the middle.

Trece

Freestyler with all 3, but have been relegated to the backline ever since.

Cops really only had 1 player who created any type of threat, yet he manged to net 2.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
UN 4 - 3 Spurs

UN deserved the win, even though the winning goal was an own goal with 2 minutes left. Our forwards had trouble holding the ball up front the majority of the first 1st half and the beginning of the 2nd, and we created few scoring chances. UN was up 3-0 before we pushed Lappa from the backline into the midfield part way through the 2nd half. This changed the momentum of the game, and he was able to net 2 within 10 minutes, one off a PK and another from the right of the 6 yd box.

A brief fist fight saw a player from each team red carded, probably could have been avoided if the ref had called the tackle from behind to begin with. Lappa took a beating the majority of the game, yet no calls.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Styler :

Fair enough post although you forgot to mention Stew's sweet backwater Louisianna Hairstyle. Oh and the fact that we chit the bed on at least 10 chances 5 of which FCbyta saved (yes arse you get a congratulations from me) . First time we have seen Hoffman all year and you could tell the time off did him no justice as per reffing skills I mean. A half decently played game by both sides with an undeserved fist a' cuffs near the end and this was an alright game to play. Saw that Barley and La Justice battled hard to a game that had to be called just after half. I will note this game was called off by uncle john so someone must have called someone a Pollack cause he never ends games early unless the race card gets pulled.

Anyways ; UN 4 Spurs 3

cheers , the Rattler

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any mention as to where the games are being played tomorrow?

Windup:D

Canadians v Barley @ Steves 1
Spurs v Cosmos @ Steves 2
Justice v UN @ South Arm 1
Air Canada v Primos @ South Arm 2

Anybody hear if Primos are actually gone from the League, or if that was just for the one game?

Stew's sweet backwater Louisianna Hairstyle
:confused: ??????

Fistfullcuffs wasn't much of a fight with Gonzo (Warren?) from UN snapping and losing it on an almost undeserving Andy, who ducked the first punch and was out of range for the next couple.

Scariest moment of the game was when we thought that the Rattler was going to eat Jaime (guess the Subway diet isn't providing enough protein):rolleyes: . Speaking of which, FCbytca is hereby banned from eating sushi before games anymore:rolleyes: ...

Freestyler: if your lazyarse friend Gurps ever shows up again, we'll be able to move you off the back line; Lapa too. What can I say? When you're shorthanded, you gotta go with what you got. Look for another special guest appearance from both Dapotayto and SCP tonight...

Just thinking about how Father John came over after the abandoned Kops-Barley game and mentioned how the League wants to get a handle on discipline and the goons...wait a minute - Kops are "run" by El Presidente Larry:rolleyes: and Barley by Grandpa Tony - also on the League board - WTF?:D

Trece

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cosmos 2 -1 Spurs

A game we should have won.

Freestyler was finally able to move back to his regular position, outside mid, first time since the first game this year. I was able to score 15-20 mins in. As a team we squandered numerous chances in the 1st half, and the Cosmos were able to tie it up off of a questionable PK, which should have been saved conisdering it went right at our goalie.

2nd half I pushed up front trying to net a winner, had 1 cleared off the line 15 mins in, had the grass around the goalline not had been a foot tall it might have gone in. I thought I would get the go ahead goal with about 25 mins left, I broke through and was tripped up from behind, free kick only just outisde the box, no card for some reason, damn Father John. Todd and a few others squandered a few chances near the end, We nearly put it away with no time left with a curling shot from one of our players but the keeper did well to knock it out for a corner, which proved to be a disaster for us, we pushed everyone up knowing that this should be the end as Father John said there was two minutes left and we played about 3 or 4already, I left the corner a little short, and Cosmos somehow were able to go down and take an extra minute to capitalize with no time left. Another solid game at the back for Lappa and he was able to tear apart Cosmos midfield once in pushed up into the midfield part way through the 2nd half.

BTW the game ball was a piece of crap, stuck to your foot everytime you attempted to dribble it.

Oh well on to next week.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Freestyler, was anyone else playing besides yourself?:confused:

That game report sounded like a report about Freestyler.

Stew, I will be back next week, as my busy season at the office offically comes to a close this Friday.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps:

Nope, Freestyler was the only player on the field.:D

FCbytca was lost in the grass. Actually, I remember saying to him before the game that the plastic replica ball that Cosmos were insistent on playing with would be hard to hang on to...:rolleyes:

Another guest appearance from SCP (playing out); Gurps and the 'Tater still missing. Hope to have them back again for next week, so Lapa can get out of the back and into the middle where he belongs. 'Tater's running won't hurt either.

The main thing is that we aren't getting lumped anymore. Now all I've got to do is figure out what to do with all these subs...:D

Trece

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
Stew, I will be back next week, as my busy season at the office offically comes to a close this Friday.

Gurps, doesn't your week at the office basically consist of planning what club to hit up friday/saturday night? Summer is just beginning so I can't see how the busy season is coming to an end.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk, am I your mom? Ask that chingando perizoso Mexicano Fridge to break down and give you a schedule.:D

For everybody else:

Canadians v. UN @ Steves #1
Justice v. Cosmos @ Steves #2
Spurs v. Primos @ South Arm #1 (cancelled)
Air Canada v. Barley @ South Arm #2

Confirmed by El Presidente Larry that Primos are gone from the league, so we have a bye this week, as do everybody else scheduled to play them from now on.

Doh!!! So where's the Dumpster Diver now?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What? Nobody else played last week either?

No request from CIC for a schedule that his Mom Doug should have given him?

Oh well...

Justice v. Spurs @ South Arm 1
Barley v. UN @ South Arm 2
Cosmos v. Primos @ Steves 1 (bye week)
Air Canada v. Canadians @ Steves 2

Hey Tater - you in this week? Gurps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money