Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RRSL 2006 (aka "The Airport League")

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Malt n' Barley 2 U.N. 1

A very hot and humid day out there as both sides were thankful for the water being on the sidelines instead of forgotten in the trunk of a car. Good game both ways as each team had it's fair share of chances and mishaps however the barley pull out a victory on a goal in the 70th minute. Not much really to report other than Father John was being more like dirty Uncle John and missin' a few calls both ways. Would just like to apologize to Barley we gave him a beer and told him to go talk to you and apparantley that strategy works. ;)
Up next the Shearsy and the dreaded AirCanada

cheers , the Rattler

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spurs 3 Justice 2

Kops with a 2-0 lead at the half. Boys dug in and pulled it off. Lots of good pressure, and finally some finish in the 2nd half. Couple of dodgy calls by a new ref (!) both ways, including a makeup call to us for a handball in the box that resulted in us getting one back on the peno (made up for a much more blatant one in the 1st half that he missed completely). Marco (special guest courtesy of Gurps) with the peno and a clinical finish on his 2nd, FCbytca with a solid game in the pipes (victimised only on a couple of bad breakaways), and Lapa and Gurps with a rock-solid game in the middle.

Heard there was an Alikira sighting in Barley blue on the next pitch over; somebody going through footy withdrawal?:D

Too many young guys to sustain pressure on the cooler this week, so we lost the battle for possession of the park.:rolleyes:

Trece

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game yesterday, you could tell it was only a matter of time before we began to score.

Trece failed to mention his strong game yesterday, with some good thru balls that caused some havoc for Justice.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tomorrow's nightmares (all kick-offs at 6:45)

Spurs v. Barley (South Arm #1)
Justice v. Primos (South Arm #2)
Air Canada v. UN (Steves #1)
Canadians v. Cosmos (Steves #2)

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joel's Mom's picks for tonight:

Spurs v. Barley - will we have another Alikira sighting? Big field helps us more than them, especially if they still have Norrie in goal.:D
Justice v. Primos - Primos too much firepower for the Kops. Especially if El Presidente actually gets on the field.
Air Canada v. UN - WCB legs outmatched. Rattler still grunting?
Canadians v. Cosmos - Danny & Joe over Piano & CIC.

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally, a chance to post...

1) Tweedlie will have his pilot's licence suspended. The player he thought was Alikira turns out to be a look-alike (that's shocking enough) named Emmett. Didn't help anyway as Barley beat us 4-1 in probably the cleanest game their team has ever played (no Animal in sight...)

2) Canadians 5 Spurs 3
4 reds
6 yellows
3 megs for the old fart
1 keeper with a concussion.

Down 2-0 in the first half after starting with 9. Dap makes his debut running all over the field, and not even a hair out of place. 3-2 for us at the half. Kudos to FCbytca for sticking it out for the 2nd half, but probably shouldn't have...

Younger legs made the difference in one that almost got away on Hoffmann (see card count above). Not helping us missing strength down the middle, but next time will be a very different game.

MOM for us was our Peruvian flash, Jaime, who ran miles with the ball in the middle. He still doesn't have Dap's hair, though. Nobody does. Not even Toddy, who cut his own hair with the #2 razor (just can't take the Surrey out of the boy...:rolleyes: ).

Once again last ones off the park with an empty cooler...:D

Andale!

Trece

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky Trece,

I will be back in full force next week.

Got stuck doing a car audit in god forsaken Langley of all places.

Nice to come back from Vegas and head out to Langley.:rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
Dap makes his debut running all over the field, and not even a hair out of place. 3-2 for us at the half. Kudos to FCbytca for sticking it out for the 2nd half, but probably shouldn't have...

Thanks for the run-out and the beer, Trece. Geez, either the grass was really long and heavy or I am way out of shape. Nice to kick a ball around though. Hopefully FCbytca made it home allright. Driving with a concussion can't be fun. As for the hair, I am considering taking out an insurance policy on it. All that sweat just doesn't do it any good you know.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dap, you were there???!!! why do i not remember this? the young gun on the left mid/forward no7 was my younger bro

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
why do i not remember this?

...might have something to do with the ringing in your ears. Yes, Dap and his hair were there. Bytca Jr. played very well, too (Dap was actually playing in front of him on the left).

Heard from a nearly-reliable source that the Cosmos/Barley game was a bit more than eventful as well. Guess the kinder, gentler Barley we played was an aberration.:rolleyes:

This week's mess:

Justice v. Canadians @ South Arm 1
Cosmos v. UN @ South Arm 2
Primos v. Barley @ Steves 1
Air Canada v. Spurs @ Steves 2

Dap - pm me an email address so I can send you the whole schedule...

Trece

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just call me Viggo

FCBytca, you may not have recognized me as my hair is no longer blonde. And I have a scruffy summer beard (some are here, some are there). So instead of Beckham I look like Aragorn from Lord of The Rings...oh yes, the king has returned indeed! Oh, and I met your brother. Miro the hero, no?

Trece, just throw a hotmail.com behind my name and ship off the sked. Or a yahoo.com for that matter. I've got the copyrights you see.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...there is only one Potayto.:D

Yes, the grass was long and heavy. So am I (and most of the other older farts on our side). No, you don't quite look like Aragorn - he had longer hair.:rolleyes: Actually, Viggo's related to my inlaws (also Mortensens; not really THAT close though) so if anything, some of them look more like him.

Sked's in the mail (along with the Czech)...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One potayto
Two potayto
Three potayto
Four

Five potayto
Six potayto
Seven potayto...
no more?

Dap:

Where were you? We missed you today.

Barley and Primos - no game, as apparently Primos have folded. WTF???!!!:confused: :eek: Barley had an excuse to hang at the field and swill, like normal.

Guys: what's the deal?

Spurs 2 Air Canada 1

AC started slow with 9 guys, despite our best efforts to keep them in the game. Both our goals scored early by Drew, wearing the ugliest pair of shorts I've ever seen. AC's goal on a completely bogus penalty by Tanner that fluked its way in off of the post. FCbytca out of action, so the cranky old fart who was in goal guessed the right direction, but who can stop a peno that goes in off the post? C'mon keepers, let's hear you...

A minimum of 5 stoned cold chances by Joel Brett alone that should have been goals not finished. Much busier at AC's end of the field. An outstanding game played by Gurps and Georgie in the back; worthy of splitting MOTM awards.

Once again, last ones out of the park and still pinting...

Trece

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Trece but duty calls. Ask Dude, I make about 5 million dollars a shift so can't really miss out on that, you know. You'll see me again. Lucky you.

Primos folded? Probably playing in a different league I would think. Maybe in a galaxy not so far away.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadians 3 Justice 2

A fairly uneventful game with us going up 1 about 10 minutes in. Fifteen minutes later, Brian that tit gives a bogus penalty and they capitalize, 1-1. We gift the cops another one when everyone seems to fall asleep watching the other game on the next field.:rolleyes: 2-1 at half.

Second half we come out strong and right away have a stone cold break stopped by the pinky toe of the keeper. 5 minutes later, a bit of a scramble in the box and I we put it in, 2-2.

Things got a little ugly at that point. Justice have this massive muppet with a belly the size of a keg, run down our guy playing defence with his back turned away from the cnut, who slides in and chops him from behind:confused: An obvious red, whch 2 minutes later results in us slotting home the eventualy winner, through the keepers legs:D

A couple more dirty fouls by the ill tempered Justice and the ref blew the game down with at least 15 to go.

Are there any standings anywhere for this league boys? On to next week..

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No worries. We all know that Dude is an expert on these and all other matters.

Hurry back; Gurps misses you. He won best hair for the game last night, but if you guys aren't careful, Jaime will beat out both of you.

Would tend to agree with you about Primos. I know that they're playing in the Sportsman's league on the north shore, but didn't think that the games conflicted. Seems a bit odd to take 7 weeks to figure that out, though...

Best story of the night: Toddy calls his brother and says that he can't play because he's "put his back out from puking too hard.":eek: :rolleyes: :D

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champ:

Vinnie used to keep both standings and a web site for the league, but he claimed that he couldn't do it anymore because:

a) nobody would send him game results, and
b) the dumpster's got a bit fuller and more busy since his little girl came along.

Nobody else has picked up the slack since, including El Presidente. Don't know why he couldn't just get scores from the refs...:rolleyes:

If it helps at all, we're 2-5-0

Trece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0