Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Round 2: Canucks vs. Wild.

Who will win?

• Canucks in four.:D

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Wild in four.:rolleyes:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canucks in five.:D

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Wild in five.:rolleyes:

• Canucks in six.:D

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • Wild in six.:rolleyes:

• Canucks in seven.:D

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Wild in seven.:rolleyes:

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Canucks in nine. :( See Canucks in six for total.

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF is up with Lemaire? I don't know if anyone else noticed but at the end of the game, he turned and left, not bothering to shake hands with the Nucks coaching staff at least the rest of the Wild staff showed some class

If it makes you feel any better, he went over to the Canucks' dressing room and shook hands then. It was a safety issue, and even the drunken HOS noticed that, as surprising as that is.

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Big Game

Like Kelly Hrudey (sp) said .The wild were not a better team on paper but they were a better team in this series........:mad:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good News is that Mcaw(whatever teh fcku his name is) made $2 million approx tonite. maybe he takes that money and tells burke to find him a real number 1!!!
Actually I think he lost $10 or so million by NOT having a GM spend a cnuting dime to improve his team. He could have spent 6 Mill on some players to improve and made 5 fold by going to the finials.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have to say after watching all the games in this series it came down to some pretty stupid penalty's. Yes you may be able to point the finger at the ref's, but look at who are getting this penalty's it is not your typical thug or goon. These are you leaders and role players for the franchise, Bertuzzi and Naslund had taken approx 60% of the fcukin penalty's which is unaceptable at that level or any at that matter.

I can see trying to take a penalty to get a team energy going but for these players why not step up your game and put the puck in the back of the frickin net. They have been doing it all year and what has to change now.

Cheers
JB

My two 1/2 cents

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone go to the pharmacy, I could use something for this headache.

I was thinking Hair of the Dog, because this XXL Starbucks in not working.

Good Luck to the Wild and Ducks in the Western Final, both teams knocked off some very good teams, with over paid hockey stars.

I am cheering for the Sens now, I think they have the best team left in the play-offs.

HOS

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually I think he lost $10 or so million by NOT having a GM spend a cnuting dime to improve his team. He could have spent 6 Mill on some players to improve and made 5 fold by going to the finials.
Knvb,

Now, more than ever, it should be apparent that money is not the deciding factor in success. Minni has a smaller payroll than the Canucks and managed to knock off #3 & #4. And in case others have forgotten as well: Ottawa.

Save a few million from spending on talent and buy some heart instead.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
If it makes you feel any better, he went over to the Canucks' dressing room and shook hands then. It was a safety issue, and even the drunken HOS noticed that, as surprising as that is.

Also, he probably wanted to get the first flight back to Minny.

" get in de showers boyz (intonation)....we , de wild of minnesota (intonation) have a game sat-tur-day."

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking hell.

Well, I'll be very, very surprised if Burke doesn't trade Clouts over the summer. Doesn't he only have one year left on his contract? In December, it was looking like the 'Nuck would have to shell out huge to keep him, now...back to the drawing board.

Maybe Auld is ready now. I hope so.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: no Swede should be a Captain in the NHL. Naslund has showed zero leadership for about the last 30 games.

Huge changes aren't needed, but subtle ones are. Trade Cloutier, and give the "C" back to Linden. Naslund clearly can't handle the pressure.

Fcuking hell.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think his contract is up....he was going to use the playoffs as a bargaining tool:rolleyes:

1) you dont win the stanley cup without excellent goaltending.

2) you need a captain with heart. A willingness to do whatever it takes to win. Not the kinda heart that donates his time and money to Canuck Place.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Changes

Come on Dude, IF the Nucks were to trade Clouts, what would they get back for him, and then what would they have to give up to get a quality keeper.

I don't think Clouts is the problem, nor is Nazzy as Captian.

Play-off experience is what this team needs, and they are getting it. Keep this team together and they will do something next year.

Look at Ottawa, they shitt the bed the last couple of years in the Play-offs, but managment stuck with the core guys on the team, the players got the play-off experience, and I think they have a great chance to win a Stanley Cup for Canada.

Keep the Nucks together and add one or two play-off experianced players at the trade dead-line.

HOS

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Changes

Originally posted by Hands of Stone
Come on Dude, IF the Nucks were to trade Clouts, what would they get back for him, and then what would they have to give up to get a quality keeper.HOS

A 3rd or 4th round draft choice is fine with me.

Are you going to use Couts in the playoffs next year? (see Philadelphia)
No. So why pay him? Unless you can get him a bargain price, and then trade up at the trade deadline ( a quality goalie will usally cost you a high draft choice, nothing more)....get rid of him.
Give the ball to Auld and see what he does.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm willing to give Nazzy another chance, just because stripping him of the "C" would be a huge shake-up. But then, maybe it would help beat some things into his head. he showed no heart, no desire, and no will during the last 40 or so games. Full stop.

Cloutier? Sorry HOS, last year was for learning how to control the yips. They were an inexperienced team playing a stacked, experienced, and well rested Detroit (a team that had great goaltending). He bottled it for basically the last three games this season...the worst being last night, when the 'Nucks were in control. They had the fcuking game. Four goals in 7 shots? Really...when you take your goaltender's blinders off, do you really think that will cut it? He's a class A choker.

Strike 2, your out.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
people like you..........

I've read about people like you, HOS, I believe you're what they call an optimist. Either that or you're delusional. If ever there was a year to do some damage it was this one. And if ever there was going to be another all-Canadian Final it would have been this year. Outcoached, out-worked, and out-thought by a bunch of plumbers in the worst hockey kit I've ever seen. Jim Dowd? Fcuking hellish.

They'll never have a better chance than they did this year, the road was paved and waiting.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well put Fastshow. I'm sick and tired of listening to all these idiots (namely CBC's Ron Mclean et al) talking about this MInnesota team like their the Leafs of 67!:rolleyes: The Canucks made ordinary 3rd and 4th line players look like superstars. Jim Dowd, Darby Hendrickson, Wes Walz.....the list goes on and on. Gaborik, arguably is a bona fide NHLer, but the rest of these guys should be plying their trade at 8 rinks with the likes of Brad May, and Brent Sopel!!:eek:

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone seen Skudra lately?

Was that not the worst playoff seris you've ever seen, even my lady friend who has no clue about hockey but likes to watch couldn't stand that crap.The NHL brass must all be wanting to hang themselves with the likes of Anahiem, Minnesota, and New jersey in the final 4, who the hell is going to watch that drudgery. It's like a lesson in how not to promote the sport of hockey.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting

TheRob, have you noticed a topic that seems awefully familiar in here regarding goaltending?

:p

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: people like you..........

Originally posted by Fastshow
[BI've read about people like you, HOS, I believe you're what they call an optimist. [/COLOR] [/B]

Ya, I am an optimist, but if you step back and think for a second, I am actually just a realist.

The Nucks don't have the cash to go out and buy the "Big" name players, or they would have tried to bring in Cujo or the Eagle.

They have to go with the second rate keeper, because thats what they can afford. Managment only hopes that Clouts can play out of his skin, like Giggy is doing in LaLa land.

Has Giggy done anything before this play-off series, NO, he has been no better than Clouts, but thats what the Ducks can afford, so they go with him, and hope he gets hot.

The Nucks are not going to have huge changes in the offseason because they can't compete with the Big market teams that can spend the dough.

HOS

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

Are you taking a shot at me about needing good goaltending when it counts the most! My girlfiend said Cloutier's got squinty eyes maybe that was the problem on all those long shots

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: people like you..........

Originally posted by Hands of Stone
but thats what the Ducks can afford,
HOS

NO, that's what they're willing to spend. Are you telling me Disney can't afford a 1st rate goalie? Mccaw is the same way, rich and cheap!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0