Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 results from div. 1 B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What Dazz meant to say was ....

"we were all over them. We must have had 80% of the play through the first 60 minutes. We just couldn't finish our chances. Midway through the second half we were dealt an unfair Red Card when one of our more skilled players jumped, not looking at the ball, into the opposing team's keeper with in elbow. A shocking call from a shocking ref. However, our continuos hard work paid off when in the 60th minute we potted a screamer from inside the 18 and it was simply a matter of time. However, RUFC then decided to have their way with us ... and they did, scoring 3 unanswered goals to take the 3 points and move on. We are so close lads, if only we had some skill, youth, and ability, this league could be ours ... one day !"

Truth be told, Lomas battled hard, however they are far more annoying than they are talented, which might in fact win them some points throughout the season. In fact, I'd say they're actually a bit better than there were when they first entered the 1st Div. But they still carry a handful of dreadful players.

That said. They will NOT be relegated this season.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Willy,

If you read between the lines you will have read: "RUFC got a little lucky today with the idiotic red card the Lomas got. Up until that stage they did not get a sniff of the Lomas goal, but not much more can be said about the Lomas' chances created.

For you to knock the ability of some of our players is a bit of a joke...you had some true plumbers out there.

And whingers....my God you lot are like a bunch of girls a lot of the time.

Anyway, as I said...well done, on the 90 mins you deserved to win.

And yes...we will NOT be relegated.

We lowered our standard to yours today and paid the price.

Daz

p.s. I will copy this and your post and put them in the correct thread.

:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Humped....

Club I 1 Polska(Italia/Greece) 4

We went up 1 - 0 and deserved the lead before a massive blunder by our keeper. A shot from 35 yards went right through his hands. :( It was 1-1 at the half. We then had a nice little spell having a couple of decent chances thwarted. Then mistake number two. Our keeper swatted at the ball which should have been saved in my opinion. Sorry, Craig, but I thought you could have had that one. Then the heads went down a bit and went down even more when one of our tired defenders attempted a pass back only to send their striker in on a breakaway. Goal 4 was a blundered header by one of our defenders which went straight up in the air(he had lots of time) and they scored directly from this. Polska are a young, quick, and fit team. Everything I'm not. So we find ourselves in trouble, much like last year at this time. We were 1 - 3 to start the year and sit at 0 - 1 - 2 right now......So a win next week and we're ahead of last year's pace......:rolleyes: :confused: Polska did whine a bit but I don't really blame them. The reffing was atrocious for both teams.

Captain

Sep 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans Debacle

As for Inspector Blakes analogy: Correct on the main jist.
However you can't have a Goalie(yours truly) watch a trundler from 18 yards barely roll into the net (from time of shot till it crossed the goaline I coulda slammed two beers... )...My fault completely. As for the extraordinary amount of crossbars, missed breakaways, & shots & headers from 6yards out, what can you say....except that you roll with the punches & keep digging...Right? Well we didn't. We weren't beat yesterday by another team, We flat out beat ourselves. Having interval spurts of effort from 1/2 the team & heads down from the other 1/2 is a recipe for disaster................& disaster it was. No finger pointing here we win as a team & lose as a team & thank god we drank as a team cause the pain went away real fast.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
thank god we drank as a team cause the pain went away real fast.

It definetly helped but I wouldn't say that it took the pain or the embarrassment away. Things can only get better. I guess.:rolleyes:

Parkhead

Alexi

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, the pain has not nor will it go away, until the next win anyway, losing fckn sucks it will piss me off all week!

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan??

Anyone know what's going on with Norvan. They seemed to have a promising start, but two losses in a row to teams you would think they'd beat??

NO2

SashiLalu

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
purple, bloody, purple

alas, sashi was on the sidelines this afternoon, as the purpalian ones fell beneath a hot sun. sashi could only limp about and dream of what might have been had joshua been there to command the sun and the moon to stand still for the aging, almost geriatric, army.

and alas, on thursday dr. bagoo did not say "rise up and walk"-- but he did remove a chunk of bone the size of a lima bean from sashi's ankle. so have faith, soon sashi will be back to slay the philistines. due to his almost miraculous regenerative powers, sashi expects in to be in the lineup in two weeks time to take on the dirty, superstitious heathens that call themselves club ireland...

-Lalu

Sep 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NO2

Mr NO2..........with the mouth full of Dazza's Goo......stick to your own side A instead of wanna"B". With such fanfare about ability, hear you had your legs spreadwide open again ....a sure sign of vulnerabilty (hopefully just the meg got between you) fcuking beat it!

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NO2
but 2 losses in a row to teams you think they'd beat
Thats getting old #2..:rolleyes: Move on to something else or in your case, someone else, ie. Dazza:eek: You guys toot each others horns a little too much for my liking. It almost has a queerish sense about it. Perhaps there's a hidden meaning to your username "NO2". I only hope Dazza's doubling up! Like CM said, keep the mollymaids out of this thread.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Flake and Captain M,

Are you lot fcuking stupid?

NO2 asked a perfectly good question about Norvan.

Pillocks:eek:

Daz:D

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza, read his quote about teams Norvan should've beat! Why are we a team that should've been beat? It was a useless attempt at trying to get under my skin. Tell him to stick with keeping under your skin, fore that is!! Bunch of prats...

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the question was about Norvan, Blake.

I hear you if you took it otherwise.

Back on topic, what is up with Norvan?

Who's in net for them:D

Daz:cool:

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
perhaps tooting a bit, but I think we knocked a little confidence out of them. We expected a little tougher game than it actually was. I manmarked Jamie all game in which he was only allowed 1 strike from a difficult angle(toot toot), and their only other danger man(the other blonde fellow) was given 1 half attempt which he made good from about 25-30 yrds. Other than their confidence may've been shook, they are infact very young and this may or may not hurt them. I was a little suprised to see Norburns result but, I havent seen whats on offer there so it's tough to say. Before the start, most people had Norvan and Croatia to be the 2 to beat, but who's to say now? If you leave their only 2 real scoring threats unmarked, they will punish. They should finish near top, come year end, but then you only have to look at my predictions from last week and see I havent a clue:confused:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blake,

Did they have many of their really young lads playing?

We played them in the Summer Amalgamation Cup Final and lost on penalties. It was a real mixture of players, but they had about 5 or 6 of their Div 1 starters, and quite a few of ours were missing too. They have some really good teenagers playing in their Cat team.

I just thought they would have come out stronger in the winter.

Daz:cool:

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They infact were from our summer league in which we(not lobbans) were eliminated in the first round of the Amalg. cup. They are very different from summer. They were even a younger team in the summer than now, but a stronger team in the winter than summer. I thought their summer team was very average compared to their team now! I thought their keeper was very good and before you ask how then did we stick 6 past him, I'd have to say 4 of the 6 were from close range and placed side netting and the other 2 were absolute postage stamped from about 18 and 20 yrds out. They were 6 of the kind of goals that I wouldn't expect my team to repeat week in week out. They're young as I said and they are in tough this year, but I think they'll fair alright if they can forget about the last 2 weeks, though I see they're up against Croatia this week, which may leave them Tottenham like;) Cheers, IB

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blakey,

I'm not going to question your six goals. That's a hell of a performance and a great start to the season, so kudos to you and your lads.

What's the difference over last year down to for you guys?

Daz

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0