Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Provincial Cup Men's Open 2008 - Predictions, Results & Banter

lookinsideurface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hats off to Inter for a great battle on the island yesterday. Hard and fair game... nothing cheap... two good teams battling till the end.
Too bad we didn't get to buy u guys pints after..... nice seeing Bunny, Mori, and Jo again... cheers lads... class acts.

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
As already posted WVFC 0-2 Sporting

First half they came out stronger, not many good chances for either side, besides their first goal..good cross from the right side and headed by the big dormer right into the corner from about 12 yards out. Second half we came out much better...and created a few close chances just couldnt put them away. They were sitting back and letting us play...with about 10 to go we were pushing and they caught us on a counter attack, ball was going out of play at the end line and our backline just sort of fell asleep their guy did a good job to save the ball and played it across for the little dormer for an easy tap in.

Overall we didn't come out and play as well as we would have liked, credit to them they did what they had to do and got the win.

Disappointing end to an otherwise good season for us...lots to build on for next year.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like Sporting's chances. They are the best team I have seen this year, although I have not seen the FVSL/VISL teams still in it, nor have I seen UBC.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU - very impressed and happy for you. Looking at this year's squad it's no surprise. The team has improved on the field, adding experience and proven success (G, Jacko, Evans, Pigeon, Jammer). They also got 'The Human Bubble Gum' producer back....DB, you're the best! Sure PAU lost some key players from last year but the team is now better designed for success in the BC's (I've been saying that all year). If you look at the success of this team over the last few years, albiet, in the FVSL but also winning their first round in the BC's 3 out of the last 4 years, it's bound to have an impact and it's finally showing....so on that note, well done and well deserved!

Another huge component having a direct impact on this team's success is Mark McQueen (head coach). He's probably one of three real coaches in all of BC that coach this level. It's his second year as 'head gaf' and his success has been unprecidented since his arrival...cudo's to him as well. It's ironic...I would have thought that being a former player/captain of the PAU Nation, my biggest contribution to the team would have come on the field. Now looking back, my biggest contribution to the program was convincing McQueen to take on this team.

PREDICTION: PAU over Whomever

Time to go, need to shovel snow off the driveway...

Knees, who would be the other two real coaches at this level?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just off the phone w/ LFC...UBC 2-1 in pennos. Apparently UBC tied it up in the 94th minute.

Yough luck boys- well represented. :(

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
pks..

UBC 2
Langley 1

langley scored about 20 minutes in. ubc tied it up in the 3rd minute of extra time after langley spent the previous 63 minutes defending. heartbreak i'm sure, but fully deserved. pks were fairly well taken...ubc keeps making the one save.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday, April 26th

Hampton Park TURF at 12:30

Vancouver Thunderbirds vs Gorge in Men's A Cup

Hampton Park TURF at 15:00

Sporting Club vs Peace Arch United in Men's A Cup

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The folks at BC soccer have surely proven their genius - all four seeded teams in the semi's.:rolleyes:

Good luck to all,
Sandman

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday, April 26th

Hampton Park TURF at 12:30

Vancouver Thunderbirds vs Gorge in Men's A Cup

Hampton Park TURF at 15:00

Sporting Club vs Peace Arch United in Men's A Cup

Are you fcukin' kidding me?!? They're putting all four open semifinals on the TURF?!? While the Masters get grass. It's the end of April not the middle of November. Let's get the best matches on the best fields. First BC Soccer sends Sporting and PAU and the two Surrey teams on the womens side all way to Victoria to play each other and now they're putting us on turf. WTF? :mad:

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you fcukin' kidding me?!? They're putting all four open semifinals on the TURF?!? While the Masters get grass. It's the end of April not the middle of November. Let's get the best matches on the best fields. First BC Soccer sends Sporting and PAU and the two Surrey teams on the womens side all way to Victoria to play each other and now they're putting us on turf. WTF? :mad:

Megs take a chill pill darling, try booking a grass field now that baseball/softball has started.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Megs,

Relaaaaaaaaaaaax it is BC SOCCER what do you expect.lol

Also WELL DONE JC BRILLIANT! FINALLY SOMEONE IS STARTING SEE WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR 5 YEARS REGARDING AZZI.........TOO MANY PEOPLE FOR SOME REASON ARE SCARED OF THAT DICTATOR WHO HAS RUINED VMSL.

Go On Peace Arch it would be great to have a few pints in New Foundland with Grewal and Evans

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...here I thought the draw meant PAU would play Gorge. Not that it matters...both Gorge and Sporting appear to be top drawer favorites, while PAU has done nothing but overcome the odds.

So, I'm going to do as I've always done...PAU is too old, too broken, and will be on the wrong side of the 2-1 score, in OT.

(ROLL ON YOU PAUERS!!!)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding slags at BC Soccer for things to do with Senior cups - to be fair, the leagues involved are really the ones running the show for everything as far as I understand it... it could be said the BC Soccer needs to take a more proactive role, but for the most part, the fields being chosen are entirely in the hands of the leagues that are "hosting" each game.

kjb

Apr 21, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

The grass field is not in the greatest shape and for that reason the A Cup will be played on the best field available. My preference would have been grass, but as a group we (the VISL) decided that the best teams should play on the best surface.

Regarding the two teams travelling to Victoria, a bit late to complain as it was decided long ago that all semi finals would be played in one place. Talk to your executive about the reasons why, or better still get involved when decisions are made.

Regs, you are right the blaming of BCSA for all does not make sense. The choice of fields is a decision by the local league, in this case VISL.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's been a bad winter for the grass fields everywhere. Not shocked they are being moved to turf.

Should be a couple of track races!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0