Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Protestors start vandalizing...

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reports coming that about 200 protestors are walking around downtown, looting and damagin property. Few arrests have been made... more info to come after i watch the noon news hour....

Bastards!!!

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems they are all wearing ski masks.... chicken shits.... reports that the bay downtown window got damaged, newspaper and mailboxes being tossed into the streets...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is going to hurt EVERYONE that has a cause - people are not going to forget this kind of stuff.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
These guys aren't protesters .. nothing but thugs

I'm watching the CTV footage and they are trying to provoke the police into doing something stupid like laying down some "rReal Law" .. all of them are wearing masks and have their little cronies running around taking pictures and beaking off to the cops about hurting innocent people ???

( they do fail to mention that these innocent people are all wearing masks and wearing the same cloths to hide there identity )

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the Bay this morning and I guess I missed all of this by an hour or so. Bunch of idiots. And like Regs said, whatever point they may have been trying to make now gets lost.

I guess the one positive to this situation is that, as soon as the olympics are over, these people will disappear and go back to their pathetic lives.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or make them take off their masks, their pictures taken and plastered on front pages of the papers with their names, shown on the news and then forced to do a televised skinny dip polar bear swim in the Fraser off of the Banks in New Westminster/Surrey...see how brave they are then.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love how these stupid fuks are protesting because they wanted their tax money to be spented in other places rather then the olympics.....fine fair enough comment. But these stupid fuks forget to realize that everything they break or destroy is more money out of their pocket and ours...:rolleyes:

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
****ing hippy cowards. If that happened in Singapore they'd get therer dirty hippy hands cut off. fcuking ****s. I'd love to kick fcuk out of them. they get me so mad.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To educate a few of the more extreme rednecks on here (yeah, I know that some of you are taking the piss, but some aren't): the hooligans causing this vandalism are not protesters. As has already been stated on here and by legitimate protesters, these people are just thugs. They have no cause other than to provoke violent response from the police and security.:mad:

Legitimate protesters do not include the ones who blocked Commercial Drive with barricades to deprive some small school kids from seeing the torch procession either. The legitimate protesters were the ones who were out on Friday night peacefully but noisily doing nothing more than waving signs to draw attention to their causes. They are the ones who will tell you that the thugs from yesterday morning have wrecked public perception for them and for all of us who have to live here and deal with the repercussions.:mad:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Olympic Resistance Network, an umbrella group that speaks for some of the protesters, said 13 people were arrested. ORN organizer Alissa Westergard-Thorpev refused to apologize for the vandalism, arguing that protesters have merely damaged property while police were armed with guns, batons and canisters of pepper spray. "Property damage is not the same as physical violence," said Ms. Westergard-Thorpe.

Protesters deliberately targeted the Hudson's Bay, she said, because the store, which supplied outfits for Canadian Olympic athletes, "has a long history of violent colonialism."
I saw a news interview last night where I think it was this person talking in the DTES and a resident from the area (I guess that sounds a bit stereotypical but I don't know how else to describe the man - use your own stereotype if this one doesn't fit) walked through the group saying "I hear there's trouble - are you looking for trouble? Trouble?" and then kept walking. The look on the woman's face was priceless :D

Is the protest movement in touch with whom they are supposedly representing?

Would their message have more impact if they held public rallys consisting of homeless people just telling their stories?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was in town last night to watch the Womens Hockey Game (Canada 18-0 Slovakia :rolleyes: )

Great photo i took of a woman behind a newscast over the damage to the Bay.

Attachments

• CIMG4508.jpg
    CIMG4508.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 186

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
My biggest issue has been touched on earlier.... I have no issue with protestors getting their message out as to where they would rather see money spent. But when I saw the collection of protestors I said to my wife....of that entire group the largest earner is likely under $15000.00. Their contribution to the tax base is marginal much like their behavour. If they were all middle class (like myself) protesting, it would be a lot more powerful since we carry the bulk of taxation.

I have a few hippy friends and these shitheads don't do them any favors. I was under the impression there is a law out there precluding people from wearing masks (bellaclavas) with the intent to committ a crime. I'd say if you're wearing all black, a mask, marching in a boistrous large group with signs - you've met the minimum requirements - in to the clink. NO?

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
To educate a few of the more extreme rednecks on here (yeah, I know that some of you are taking the piss, but some aren't): the hooligans causing this vandalism are not protesters. As has already been stated on here and by legitimate protesters, these people are just thugs. They have no cause other than to provoke violent response from the police and security.:mad:

Legitimate protesters do not include the ones who blocked Commercial Drive with barricades to deprive some small school kids from seeing the torch procession either. The legitimate protesters were the ones who were out on Friday night peacefully but noisily doing nothing more than waving signs to draw attention to their causes. They are the ones who will tell you that the thugs from yesterday morning have wrecked public perception for them and for all of us who have to live here and deal with the repercussions.:mad:

you are a joke

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My biggest issue has been touched on earlier.... I have no issue with protestors getting their message out as to where they would rather see money spent. But when I saw the collection of protestors I said to my wife....of that entire group the largest earner is likely under $15000.00. Their contribution to the tax base is marginal much like their behavour. If they were all middle class (like myself) protesting, it would be a lot more powerful since we carry the bulk of taxation.

I have a few hippy friends and these shitheads don't do them any favors. I was under the impression there is a law out there precluding people from wearing masks (bellaclavas) with the intent to committ a crime. I'd say if you're wearing all black, a mask, marching in a boistrous large group with signs - you've met the minimum requirements - in to the clink. NO?

Totally agree

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts