Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup presidents cup semi-finals motw

whose your pick for motw for the semis

• pomo gunners vs poco pacific

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • acbc vs sentinel

Votes: 60 82.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
you dont need to be injury prone to get an injury...(LUONGO) :rolleyes:

SO are the nomads FUKED if you go down?

Nobody is immune to freak injuries

sorry but your WRONG! A good team does need a 2 goalie system. thats whey they call it back up.. your way way off on this...

P.S. its raining (and looking at the your teams record A backup goalie may not be a bad idea either)

No, a good team needs to be a part of a club system. No goalie with any self esteem to speak of should be willing to take a back up role. At any level. Be a part of a club system. If house is hurt, I've got 2 (soon to be 4? :eek:) div 3 and a masters keeper I can call.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, a good team needs to be a part of a club system. No goalie with any self esteem to speak of should be willing to take a back up role. At any level. Be a part of a club system. If house is hurt, I've got 2 (soon to be 4? :eek:) div 3 and a masters keeper I can call.

in the middle of a game?:confused:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska great point and what if your callup goalie has a game that same time elsewhere and even better yet,,In cup play you cannot call anyone up...So Kjohn your wrong on this point my friend. You need 2 goalies as much as you need subs for any other position on the field.
Lets not forget the compatition factor for who gets the starting job. Which makes your team better.
House is a your keeper and a good one at that and your friend so I understand why you stick up for him on here. But if he sucks one game and yo leave him in on friendship,,,you will never get promoted. And maybee beer and hotdogs are all your after and good on ya. But ANY manager/Coach will tell you you must have 2 keeps period...Its a no brainer. Or at least have a player who can be the backup. A guy who in training takes part in Goalie drills to stay ready.
We have a few guys like that aswell..Cause you never know.
Its all relivant for how good you want your team to be and how far you want to go in cup.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have other guys that can play keep at this level as a stop-gap measure.

We are under no illusions that we will be playing premier any time soon.

If we can get promoted to D1 that would be awesome, but after that...well not many of our guys can ball at that level Ghouse. That is just the fact of it, and the guys that could play at that level choose not to for various reasons, thus playing with us.

House is an awesome keeper and he and KJ are the most committed guys we have. Barring a freak injury we have no reason to carry another keeper. House takes off work if it gets in the way. And if it happened for cup we could always plunder a youth side or something drastic if it came to that.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've gotta disagree with Ghouse on this one. Anyone in a backup keeper role at div 2 is wasting their time. Whats the point? At this level I think were all here to play not to sit on the bench, you should find another team. That being said, having another guy that plays out that you can put in net isn't a bad idea. Premier is the only level that can really justify having a backup keeper.

Having the club system is the best solution. Your premier keep goes down, you get the div 1 keep no questions asked, and just pull up through your system that way, if all teams have the same game time, then its your div 3/ u-21 team that gets fcked. Your goalie for cup goes down, then you need to decide what cup is most important, or just pick up a goalie when you form a new team at the deadline (Ghouse) :D

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
For cup reasons and depth, even Sundowner FC nows caries 3 keepers. I can't even begin to understand why div 2 or 1 teams wouldn't.

LC7

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah Freelance is the shite
no club
no coach
15-16 fully committed guys
and train a player to play as back up keeps

doucheface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
our goalie went to india... we signed a new one a month and a bit ago just before playing the gunners... it was his first game...

maybe two goalies isn't such a bad idea...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If your playing beerleague and you want your friend to stay loyal and be on your team well thats great and your right just 1 goalie. And when you lose you can say you were just playing for fun and wait what did house say " ya I was at the game on the sidelines making my coaching debut! lol! day after the quarter final game vsm sentinel, went to play indoor and messed up my knee pretty bad. popped in and out again. 2nd time in 2 weeks so no way I could play in our last game. and since we don't have a back up keep I give props to Nick for stepping up to the challenge of going in net even though he's never done it before.

we tried a new formation of 3-5-2 as well, testing the waters for some crazy offense next year with some new signings coming in. we looked ****in amazing in the 1st half with about 6 to 8 glorious chances, including 1 from KJ but the real difference of the game was the big Yotes keep in net. he stoned walled us all game. was unreal. great game from him and was the real difference maker cause if 1 or 2 of those had gone in, it would have been game over from there."

So new signings,new crazy offence, new 3-5-2 lineup,,, but only 1 keeper.
Makes sence to me.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys lets all agree to disagree cause every coach,manager,player sees the game differently..Otherwise everybody would be doing the same thing. every club should have their own beliefs and structure for their game. Makes every team unique. Right down to the different colour of all of our kits.
We all are who we are.
Play where you fit in and where you enjoy yourself the most.

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys lets all agree to disagree cause every coach,manager,player sees the game differently..Otherwise everybody would be doing the same thing. every club should have their own beliefs and structure for their game. Makes every team unique. Right down to the different colour of all of our kits.
We all are who we are.
Play where you fit in and where you enjoy yourself the most.
Well said ghouse. Agree 100%

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If your playing beerleague and you want your friend to stay loyal and be on your team well thats great and your right just 1 goalie. And when you lose you can say you were just playing for fun.

So new signings,new crazy offence, new 3-5-2 lineup,,, but only 1 keeper.
Makes sence to me.

k, lets clear some things up.

1st. my injury is by no means serious at all. since it was the last game of the season and it was really meaningless for us, what's the point of me pushing it and causing further aggrevation?

2nd, me, KJ and JBN are friends yes, but has absolutley nothing to do with me getting playing time. KJ and JBN recruited me and my buddy last year to play for the Nomads and weve become friends over the last 2 years because we are all committed to the team and love playing the game.

what ur implying ghouse is that I do not earn my playing time because we are friends. u and I both know that is complete bull. I understand what ur saying about a backup pushing the starter and the competition factor, but trust me on this, I'm fully prepared mentally and physically for every game no matter what the situation. just because u have a bad game doesn't mean u throw in the back up right away. would u do that with Luongo if u were the canucks head coach? piss off ur starter to try and shake things up? not the way to go IMO....

lastly, yes 3-5-2 formation for our new signings and crazy offence.....are u a little mad at us right now for some reason??? ;)

agree to disagree...new subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0