Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup presidents cup semi-finals motw

whose your pick for motw for the semis

• pomo gunners vs poco pacific

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • acbc vs sentinel

Votes: 60 82.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
really a no brainer....acbc vs sents...i guess sents are the underdogs in this one...going to be really close i cant even pick a winner yet... gunners over poco pacific with ease... all div3 final is possible but not very likely.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldnt call the Sents the underdogs . We have had a very bad season and had to pick up a few guys to help us out. We are playing good right now but the Sents have been playing well all year. So what if they are in Div 3,we all know that they are not there anymore as we were there and undefeated aswell last year. Its just a place you have to start. We are not takeing them lightly. We know were in for a match. It will be exciting to play this game and both teams will be pumped. I have watched them play as they have watched us and we both know its going to be a goodin.
I also wanted to say that Mission who won this Cup last year is doing very well up in div 1. If they win thier last 3 games they will be playing the promotion /religation game vs the 9th place Premier team.(Aldergrove or Lions) They also are still alive in the Packingham .(as of right now). They beat us 2-1 in the Presidents Cup last year 2nd round in a heart breaker as we played without our goalie as he broke his knee the week before. I mention this to show you all how close some of the teams and divisions are and why we will not be takeing the div 3 Sents lightly.
Moody is always strong as it has a good club system. They are always in the thick of things in all divisions and are well run.
Poco is atop their div and again who cares its div 3 they are atop and have made it this far so dont count them out or underestimate these guys either...they have quietly made it to the semi finals and deserve to be here as much as the Gunners.
Both games will be close.
I voted for our match as thats where ill be...
On another note ,I sure hope we get linesmen for the semi finals as they really make a difference in the game.
A Cup game without linesmen is like.....Beer league without the beer !

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
is there a location and time for the game yet?

I voted for masry and the acbc crew.
Sential maybe a good squad, but cup time is also about experience. not taking anything away from sentinal, but experience in big games is key.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
is there a location and time for the game yet?

I voted for masry and the acbc crew.
Sential maybe a good squad, but cup time is also about experience. not taking anything away from sentinal, but experience in big games is key.

WaterBreak,
7 PM March 14th kick off right after the Pomo Poco game. Semi-finals being held at willougby. Should be a great day of soccer.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldnt call the Sents the underdogs . We have had a very bad season and had to pick up a few guys to help us out. We are playing good right now but the Sents have been playing well all year. So what if they are in Div 3,we all know that they are not there anymore as we were there and undefeated aswell last year. Its just a place you have to start. We are not takeing them lightly. We know were in for a match. It will be exciting to play this game and both teams will be pumped. I have watched them play as they have watched us and we both know its going to be a goodin.
I also wanted to say that Mission who won this Cup last year is doing very well up in div 1. If they win thier last 3 games they will be playing the promotion /religation game vs the 9th place Premier team.(Aldergrove or Lions) They also are still alive in the Packingham .(as of right now). They beat us 2-1 in the Presidents Cup last year 2nd round in a heart breaker as we played without our goalie as he broke his knee the week before. I mention this to show you all how close some of the teams and divisions are and why we will not be takeing the div 3 Sents lightly.
Moody is always strong as it has a good club system. They are always in the thick of things in all divisions and are well run.
Poco is atop their div and again who cares its div 3 they are atop and have made it this far so dont count them out or underestimate these guys either...they have quietly made it to the semi finals and deserve to be here as much as the Gunners.
Both games will be close.
I voted for our match as thats where ill be...
On another note ,I sure hope we get linesmen for the semi finals as they really make a difference in the game.
A Cup game without linesmen is like.....Beer league without the beer !

First off...yes there are "Assistent Refs" in the Semis!

I like the Gunners odds of winning it all. If you were impressed with Mission last year, we played them in the Semis of last years cup and felt we probably could have won that! Back and forth and then a goal in the 94th miunute to finish us. Shocked they are doing so well in div. 1 unless they have added significant talent. If they are good, then PoMo is far better.

That being said, PoMo is very beatable. Plug the middle, push up the field and take away space. They aren't that big and love to emblish contact. Defiantely can get under their skin!!! Hope for some lucky bounces and test their rather weak goalie (something we didn't do).

No matter what happens I'm sure both matches will be good. Never have two Div 3 teams made Semi's. Go Gunners to make sure we don't have an all Div 3 final and we lose to the champs!!!

Matthew

Jan 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
My money is on the gunners so far, Although i havnt seen any of the other 3 teams play. But watching the gunners play was very impressive, i said that all year long that they will be in the finals or even win the cup.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be a div 2C back to bak cup win. I will be at the game any ttper's I will have my usual cooler of bevies come by and say hi. As usual I will be sporting my Bruins hat.

Good luck G I wouldn't take Sentinal lightly either they have 2 lads that played with us last year that are not bad players both mids. Knowing you your team will be ready and I look forward to watching a good game.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise is back from Halifax just in time to have some Housearrestchicken,RobJ's beer while carrying it in a Kjohnsob cozzie.

ghouse is giving me a ACBC sweater to keep warm as they are my pick to win it all. I don't wear mittens, so sorry ghouse I won't need those;)

ACBC versus Gunners final

ACBC win 2-0

Matthew

Jan 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be a div 2C back to bak cup win. I will be at the game any ttper's I will have my usual cooler of bevies come by and say hi. As usual I will be sporting my Bruins hat.

Good luck G I wouldn't take Sentinal lightly either they have 2 lads that played with us last year that are not bad players both mids. Knowing you your team will be ready and I look forward to watching a good game.

Me and Westcoast, should be at the games....if we dont have our own games that week.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission isn't the same team that played in div.2. They have picked up quite a few premier caliber players and would run over any division 2 team with ease.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be there with the BBQ!

We had more people at our game vs Sentinel than there were at the semi's last year. hopefully there's a good crowd.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off...yes there are "Assistent Refs" in the Semis!

I like the Gunners odds of winning it all. If you were impressed with Mission last year, we played them in the Semis of last years cup and felt we probably could have won that! Back and forth and then a goal in the 94th miunute to finish us. Shocked they are doing so well in div. 1 unless they have added significant talent. If they are good, then PoMo is far better.

That being said, PoMo is very beatable. Plug the middle, push up the field and take away space. They aren't that big and love to emblish contact. Defiantely can get under their skin!!! Hope for some lucky bounces and test their rather weak goalie (something we didn't do).

No matter what happens I'm sure both matches will be good. Never have two Div 3 teams made Semi's. Go Gunners to make sure we don't have an all Div 3 final and we lose to the champs!!!

thats a fair comment, you guys had as much possesion and chances as us last year, however our team is alot different this year compared to last year. also bulljive i doubt we would run over every div 2 team, quite alot yes but im sure the last 4 of the cup right now could keep it within 2 goals. howeevr i do like hearing about that 94th minute goal ;) lol

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats a fair comment, you guys had as much possesion and chances as us last year, however our team is alot different this year compared to last year. also bulljive i doubt we would run over every div 2 team, quite alot yes but im sure the last 4 of the cup right now could keep it within 2 goals. howeevr i do like hearing about that 94th minute goal ;) lol

too funny bud, Im sure there are a lot of teams who could keep it within 2 goals with you mighty div 1'ers

Gnome

Oct 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

As someone who has trained and played with our keep for a number of years and has seen his quality, I'm fuking offended that you would judge him to be weak when you yourself admit that you did not test him. I'd say you had maybe 2 shots on net all game and that's being generous. So save your judgments for something you have some knowledge about.

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha WOW, Gnome full of piss n vinegar. I figured this one wasn't even worth arguing. If you think our keeper is weak, thats your opinion. A bad opinion, but still an opinion. I think we probably have one of the most athletic keepers in the division. His GA speaks for itself, and I was also feeling a little confused after reading that post. You guys didnt really test him all night (more like catching practice), so I'm not sure where you would have seen any flaws in his game. How would you describe your own goalie? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts