Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
there has to be a way that something happened in the draw. it seems kind of fishy having 6 quality teams playing eachother with 3 of them going to be out. SonicY are you thinking of coming to the Aldy V.S. ACBC game. I wouldnt be surprised to see a bit of a crowd out for our match.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offence, but u-17 doesn't mean much. I played on school teams with half a dozen guys signed to pro-team youth squads.

I'm assuming he was cut from the u-18 squad, and that's why he isn't currently playing EPL...;)

Naah, he was going to continue with them but his brother and him wanted to move over. You will see once you see him play. He almost signed a professional contract wtih Dillinghams first team but wouldnt get much playing time.

SonicY

Nov 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
there has to be a way that something happened in the draw. it seems kind of fishy having 6 quality teams playing eachother with 3 of them going to be out. SonicY are you thinking of coming to the Aldy V.S. ACBC game. I wouldnt be surprised to see a bit of a crowd out for our match.
Eh. Aldergrove's a bit of a drive for me. Plus, we play the night before. I've seen you guys already this year too, remember? ;)

I am considering going to Pomo Lions and Sentinel on Sunday night at Heritage though. Not far out of my way really, and provided it's not too cold, might be worth checking out. Really know nothing about either club.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
a bunch of the nomads are coming out to the game. aldergrove isnt that bad of a drive out to watch some quality soccer. and i wouldnt know if youve seen us yet if u can guess why ;)

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Might as well make it a double header then, Gunners vs Stolo at the field at the bottom of the hill at 8pm sunday.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's rubbish. I'm sure a quality side like Aldergrove would have been keeping up the high intensity training over the break. Nonetheless, will be the best match of the weekend.

Rd. 2 predictions (i'm bored at work :p):
Poco Pacific over Guildford FC
LUFC Rangers over Poco Express
LUFC Wolves over Surrey Arsenal
GEU Phoenix over Surrey Heat
White Rock Utd. over North Delta Titans
LUFC Nomads over Surrey Pylons
North Coquitlam Utd. over PoMo Magpies
SFC Stars over Sikh Utd.
Sentinel over PoMo Lions <---- The 2nd best match of the weekend, a complete cracker. It's ridiculous that one of 'em has to be out in round 2 but, we're not complaining. Sentinel's GD can't be by accident though. Could well go to PK's
Surrey Storm over Dewdney Celtic
ACBC over Aldergrove Utd.<--- obviously another cracker, and another candidate for PK's
LUFC Athletica over Cloverdale FC
Coquitlam MF Titans over Langley Players
Bradner Redshirts over GEU Rams
PoMo Gunners over Sto'lo Utd. <---- 2 of 2C's best clubs... should be a chippy one. Gunners have a stellar record though
LUFC Young Guns over Coquitlam MF Titans <---- would normally go with Coquitlam but, as they have to play their Rd. 1 game the night before this one, I can't see them being able to field a 100% squad for Rd. 2

Then we're down to the Sweet 16 :cool:

Good luck with that:rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a guess mate. Redshirts are running away with 3B and will be promoted. Figure that has to be worth something? But it will obviously be a close one, regardless.

That div 3 division is shitty....

Lions will beat them anyway

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a guess mate. Redshirts are running away with 3B and will be promoted. Figure that has to be worth something? But it will obviously be a close one, regardless.

I played the Redshirts twice and they couldn't beat the Rams B squad. they have no strikers at all. slow but steady defense and two ok center mids. I mean I can mark a guy out the game how good can he be:rolleyes:

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i went to watch the phoenix v clones at the weekend ....just wanted to see a few old friends play
wow was i glad i did any time a div 3 beats a div 2 makes you feel good but it was the way they did it that impressed me they worked hard ,never say die and a cracker of a left foot volley from young mike.
say what you want about the clones they are no mugs but phoenix out worked them and when they ran out of gas out played them

no kiss of death for the next round just a big well done in the first round.:D

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
When was the last time Aldy played? 2mths ago?

If ACDCs ringers (I mean new players) are as good as people claim, then I can see them winning comfortably (2 or 3 nil), if nothing more due to Aldy's lack of playing time.
We had a friendly against Aldy last night and they looked pretty good. As far as I'm concerned a good "TEAM" that's been playing together for about 5 years or so (give or take a few players) will do just fine over a few highly skilled individuals.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That definatly should be a good tilt. Any information about Aldy house? Also maybe a prediction on the scoreline? Can we see if Franchise can get a poll going for this MOTW for Round 2
They play well on their home turf... If ACBC has the tallent that people have described, I can see aldy losing! Its a grass pitch in so/so shape, so ACBC maybe take the time to rent out some grass to practice on this week if u dont do so already? They really have no star players or any insane talent, they just all play quality footy and they bury their chances. I think im going to make the treck out to see this game, because by the sounds of it, one of these teams will probably be in the finals. Good luck to both squads!

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That definatly should be a good tilt. Any information about Aldy house? Also maybe a prediction on the scoreline? Can we see if Franchise can get a poll going for this MOTW for Round 2

ya, C4L summed it up real nice.

They are a solid all around team. They get into tackles hard, win balls in the air because of their height (have about 4 guys that have to be at least 6'3 and taller), very good on set pieces, and just simply know how to put the ball in the net. Not too mention a very good goaltender who keeps them in close games when the defence lets him down (which doesn't happen often).

I haven't seen the new skilled players of ACBC yet, which is why Im going to check this game out.

I seriously think the 2 factors that will make or break this game for ACBC is:
1) how they play on a grass pitch (Parkside is a very nice grass field though)
2) how they play at Noon on a Sunday, cause according to Ghouse, his team doesn't like morning games cause of partying and its quite a commute from burnaby/vancouver.

should be interesting.

cammcq

Nov 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, Div 3B may not be the strongest division, but to say the Redshirts have no strikers - with 46 goals - come on!!

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Considering I play in div 3B, i can tell you from first hand exsperience that yes, there are some shitty teams in 3B. Last years Bradner Blues come to mind. The top teams however are quite good. Ask the strikers in div 1 about sundower, last year in cup we gave them a run for there money. granted, thats wasn't the best game of there lives, but the score was 2-1, and certainly not a 1 sided affair. 3B certainly has it's gimmie teams, no denying that. But the top teams should be given a certain level of respect.
They have earned it.

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's rubbish. I'm sure a quality side like Aldergrove would have been keeping up the high intensity training over the break. Nonetheless, will be the best match of the weekend.

Rd. 2 predictions (i'm bored at work :p):
Poco Pacific over Guildford FC
LUFC Rangers over Poco Express
LUFC Wolves over Surrey Arsenal
GEU Phoenix over Surrey Heat
White Rock Utd. over North Delta Titans
LUFC Nomads over Surrey Pylons
North Coquitlam Utd. over PoMo Magpies
SFC Stars over Sikh Utd.
Sentinel over PoMo Lions <---- The 2nd best match of the weekend, a complete cracker. It's ridiculous that one of 'em has to be out in round 2 but, we're not complaining. Sentinel's GD can't be by accident though. Could well go to PK's
Surrey Storm over Dewdney Celtic
ACBC over Aldergrove Utd.<--- obviously another cracker, and another candidate for PK's
LUFC Athletica over Cloverdale FC
Coquitlam MF Titans over Langley Players
Bradner Redshirts over GEU Rams
PoMo Gunners over Sto'lo Utd. <---- 2 of 2C's best clubs... should be a chippy one. Gunners have a stellar record though
LUFC Young Guns over Coquitlam MF Titans <---- would normally go with Coquitlam but, as they have to play their Rd. 1 game the night before this one, I can't see them being able to field a 100% squad for Rd. 2

Then we're down to the Sweet 16 :cool:

Actually the league is forcing the young guns to play a makeup game on sat night at 9 so in their opinion it evens up the match. Either way, Young Guns tied Sentinel during the season...sooo

dmm9

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha you tied sentinel on sentinels second game ever. we didnt even know each others names yet or what positions we were all going to play. its the 4-0 score that happened later that is more accurate to how young guns compare. however they are a good team and i think they will win this weekend

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
ya heard that b4 :) I think if dougie mac is back for the game Sentinel will beat POMO. Should be a good game though

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Considering I play in div 3B, i can tell you from first hand exsperience that yes, there are some shitty teams in 3B. Last years Bradner Blues come to mind. The top teams however are quite good. Ask the strikers in div 1 about sundower, last year in cup we gave them a run for there money. granted, thats wasn't the best game of there lives, but the score was 2-1, and certainly not a 1 sided affair. 3B certainly has it's gimmie teams, no denying that. But the top teams should be given a certain level of respect.
They have earned it.

Well said WB! There's good and bad teams in every division.Ya gotta just love playing the"World's greatest game".Losing still sucks though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0