Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
coyotes 3 - 4 nomads....people say a game is not won by an individual but a team but tonight the nomads keeper stole the show. hands down MOTM. we outchanced them 8-4 in the first half but at half time they were up 3-2. when you can't score you can't win. we had the chances, possession, corners, free kicks....just couldn't score. they had a game plan and it was clear from the get go. get the ball up and hope for the best. if they say anything else they're wrong. 3 of their goals off counter attacks... nomads keeper was on top of his game. made some HUGE game winning saves in the second half. good hard game, we were unlucky not to tie it in the end as we had the ball in the nomads end for 40/45 min....

You did score, 3 times.....
you also let 4 goals in, explain that?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You did score, 3 times.....
you also let 4 goals in, explain that?
they scored 3 of their goals on counters. if we had more guys behind the ball they probably wouldn't have gone in but thats not how it went. now we can focus on our few remaining league games and the bradner cup. i never said we were favourites for anything, you guys are all "hyping" us up. the acbc guys are helping us out. if they hadn't shown up tonight we would've had 8 guys.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
they scored 3 of their goals on counters. if we had more guys behind the ball they probably wouldn't have gone in but thats not how it went. now we can focus on our few remaining league games and the bradner cup. i never said we were favourites for anything, you guys are all "hyping" us up. the acbc guys are helping us out. if they hadn't shown up tonight we would've had 8 guys.

Ha! "the acbc guys were just helping us out"
Yeah, I am sure that is why they signed down with you and acbc forfeited their pak game!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 for us at half and I believe they were lucky with that it took them almost 10 minutes to get out of there end. It was a strong game for us but their goalie really played well so big credit to him. I didn't think tonights out come was ever in doubt and it was just a matter of time but they played and didn't give up. Onto round 4 where I bet we end up with stolo because of crap luck with game times during these cups. On another note great job Nomads, and thank goodness we told outkast he couldn't sign down :)

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The denial in this thread is pathetic. Yea div.2 teams are dominating div.4 teams. hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Such a joke. Div.2 to Div.4 = shyte.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
all i have to say is 2 things: 1) I am sore as fcuk; and 2)

these teams signing prem guys down are only losing at the end

so peace arch is going to upset the coyotes tomorrow? Is that crybaby goal scoring machine playing?

2 goals and 2 assists for the "crybaby goal scoring machine" ;)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quarters

Peace Arch Nomads - 2 NFS Celtic
Stolo United A - 2 - Fraser Valley Red Devils B - 4C
Abbotsford Utd SC - 3B - NFS Inter - 2
NFS Strikers - 4A - North Coquitlam Blues - 4A

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
all i have to say is 2 things: 1) I am sore as fcuk; and 2)
2 goals and 2 assists for the "crybaby goal scoring machine" ;)

That crybaby goal scoring machine single handedly took it to us with 3 goals and drawing the foul for the free kick on the other. Without him we would have been in it and had a chance to take it to PK's.

Congrats Nomads! Every year you get one step closer. Is this the year?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
coyotes 3 - 4 nomads....people say a game is not won by an individual but a team but tonight the nomads keeper stole the show. hands down MOTM. we outchanced them 8-4 in the first half but at half time they were up 3-2. when you can't score you can't win. we had the chances, possession, corners, free kicks....just couldn't score. they had a game plan and it was clear from the get go. get the ball up and hope for the best. if they say anything else they're wrong. 3 of their goals off counter attacks... nomads keeper was on top of his game. made some HUGE game winning saves in the second half. good hard game, we were unlucky not to tie it in the end as we had the ball in the nomads end for 40/45 min....

Not a lot wrong with this post, I will take exception to a few things though...
We had a game plan and stuck to it. it wasn't "parking the bus" at all like Jimmy would have you think though. We had spells of extended possession throughout the game with nice flowing attacks that had their defense confused and their team rattled, that being said: When they are throwing every player up the field (Second half especially) and you have that many talented individuals on the park- you have to be conservative and play intelligently. He cannot honestly come on here and say they absolutely dominated etc, because even though, on paper, they should have. They didn't. They came at us wave after wave after we had taken the lead and we conceded many corners, but to be brutally honest their attack was pretty anemic for most of the game. Quantity doesn't always equal quality.
Game was 1-0 them, 1-1, 2-1 them, 2-2, 3-2 us, 4-2 us, 4-3 us. game. (And then the official decided to give us all a few more grey hairs by adding like 8-9 minutes of stoppage time onto the half as far as both telus and rogers wireless network clocks had it.)

Strength&Honour did a great job in midfield. Turnbo put in a selfless hard shift in CM and CB. Carniehore scored two and set up two. housearrest made some unbelieveable saves. shorty007 sacrificed his usual awesome forward runs and plays with the ball for a more defensive set up. Stall did an awesome job in midfield gumming up passing lanes and making some excellent touches to start off some counterattacks. Hauser closed their d down and won many races to balls including the icing on the cake 4th goal. Pauly was his usual grumpy and intense self on the park creating some great plays and setting up goals.. i could go on but: EVERYONE on our TEAM was full value for this win, while HouseArrest was MOTM, we win as a team and lose as a team, and House would be the first to say this.

It should also be noted that their first two goals were complete mental lapses and miscues between our cb's and cm's. They had to finish the plays off, but essentially their first two goals were gifts. I don't know how they explain away their goals conceded as simply "Counterattacks" or "luck" many times a couple of passes were able to go through the core of their midfield and d like a hot knife through butter and then Carnihore and hauser were able to beat their defenders to loose balls. Our guys wanted it more.

I'll finish off with one last thought. This Yotes team looked like a team that the Yotes we faced twice previously this year would have beat. Jimmy can say publicly what he likes, and this isn't meant to be a pot shot at Rich or the ACBC guys coming down either. You can't just airlift in 6 top end guys because you were playing short an not expect a drastic change to the mental and on-field makeup of your unit. The Yotes in our first two games this year looked like the Yotes that Jimmy always said they could be. I never believed him in years past, but they had/have a good group of guys. I'm not sure which rumoured reason it is of 1. ACBC guys glory hunting a trophy, 2. Yotes team being hijacked by ACBC guys 3. Yotes were well and truly in desperate need of help or any combination of the three... but I noticed a group of 10 attack minded individuals out there plus a keeper. I didn't see anyone fulfilling roles... I'd say the Yotes team that beat us twice this year, even the weakened team that played us with no subs: would've beat that mob last night. It's sad for me to see a guy like Andy loose his spot in the middle of the park to guys that have just appeared out of nowhere, the guy(s) who've taken his spot might have played on higher division teams, but I'm not sold on the idea that they're necessarily better players or better for your team.

my humble and honest opinions about last night. looking forward to finally seeing cascadesoccer and his mates on the field in a few weeks and a bradner game next week.

PS, Westcoast, the D2 teams have been waging a war of attrition knocking each other out of the contest. It happens year in year out, you need to can it with this nonsense that D2 is no better than D4. Just this week only 1 of the remaining D3/4 teams had to play a D2 team. The cup lost 2 D2 teams to other D2 teams knocking them out.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
To sum up JBN's extensively long post about the Yotes, they did 2 things. Switch the ball and cut it back to a guy streaking through the middle, or switch the ball and hit the outside back running the line who would cross it in. Pretty easy to sit back and defend when you know what's coming, and then counter accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0