Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which is exactly to say that they aren't the same team we've seen twice previously this year. With the additions, imho, they aren't any better and could be worse off in fact. And I don't mean that as a windup or as a knock on the guys who came down. It's just the reality of what I saw last night. They built up play a lot more intelligently previously, they had more cutting play in and aroud the box, and lot less "whoo" and "woops" yelling, which promptly ended btw when we went up 3-2. I didn't hear any of that nonsense in our first two games and heard it for a half last night.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC has always had very talented squads, but have also been been some of the most arrogant and taunting squads I have ever played against. Tons of "woo's" and "whoops" followed by "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH shite SON" All the time and in almost every game I have seen. I did not see the Nomads vs Coyotes game last night, but when I played for the Knights this Year vs the Coyotes, I thought the Coyotes were a very strong team, great touches with give and go's and very quick to move the ball. To bad their numbers caught up to them and they couldn't keep their original guys. But that's the way the cookie crumbles. Go fcuk yourself San Diego.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly that was probably one of the best and most fun games I have been a part of in a long time. Back and forth action, solid tackles, everyone wanted the ball all the time. Coyotes were relentless in their attack, wave after wave, but Nomads weathered the storm and countered all day, Nomads soccer at its best. We always get up for the big games and for some reason we love playing against anything related to ACBC. But that had to be the most well rounded game I have seen us play all year and it came at the perfect time.

Was I MOTM? i don't think so. I let in 3 goals. My team still had to score 4 to win. It was a whole team game that won this one, not an individual effort. I did what I could against their constant attack and made saves, thats my job. And, as always, scream at the top of my lungs to keep the team focused. Proud of all the Nomads today.

Rest up boys and enjoy the moment. We got a long road ahead of us. Hats off to the Coyotes for a great game. My body won't let me forget this one for a while.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions for next rounud:

Peace Arch Nomads vs. NFS Celtic - Kind of obvious, why would you pick your own team to lose?
Stolo United A vs. Fraser Valley Red Devils B - D2 vs. D4, I know it's Stolo, but beating the Knights should mean they'd be able to win this one.
Abbotsford Utd SC vs. NFS Inter - Like MB10 said, 3rd year in a row for these guys. I don't think Inter will be taking them as lightly as the last lower division team they faced. Should be a cracker, would love to watch but our game is at the same time. I still think Inter wins this, but it won't be easy.
NFS Strikers vs. North Coquitlam Blues - A D4 team getting to the semi's is pretty hilarious, and judging by the teams left except for FVRD should be fodder for whoever they face in the next round. They tied their first game, but I'm going to go with the Strikers since they have the horseshoe currently lodged up their asses after their game against the Young Guns.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok you guys have convinced me. Div.2 soccer is a very high level of soccer that I wish one day I will be good enough to play. Div.4 is made up of absolute shyte teams and those teams could never compete with the mighty div.2. All your reasons just make sense now. I give in to the div.2 hype.

See it just sounds stupid doesn't it. I'll get over it, when you guys get off the high horse. So sad.

" I would play premier but div.2 is so competitive. I like playing with my friends in div.2, It's like premier anyways." hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok you guys have convinced me. Div.2 soccer is a very high level of soccer that I wish one day I will be good enough to play. Div.4 is made up of absolute shyte teams and those teams could never compete with the mighty div.2. All your reasons just make sense now. I give in to the div.2 hype.

See it just sounds stupid doesn't it. I'll get over it, when you guys get off the high horse. So sad.

" I would play premier but div.2 is so competitive. I like playing with my friends in div.2, It's like premier anyways." hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Im not sure where you get your info from but, there are still a few div 4 teams left, I think they're doing rather well actually. good on them. :D

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

K whatever have your opinion but here sums it all up for you;
Div 2- 3 teams left
Div 3A- 1 team left
Div 3B- 1 team left
Div 4A- 2 teams left
Div 4C- 1 team left
Div 4B- ZERO teams left, shittiest division in all the FVSL, especially Whalley united who went out 8-2 to a shitty Poco Pacific team that lost 13-0 last year to us i believe.

So that means div 2, 3 a+b, div 4a and c are all good, and all the shite teams play in div 4b.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or the fact that many D2 teams drew D2 teams, and there was only 10 D2 teams to begin with in this cup, and there's like 50 teams throughout D3 and 4.

Had the draws been seeded I'd bet good money that most if not all the teams left save maybe Abby would be D2 teams.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, congrats again nomads however Jbn your long post fcuking sucked.

West coast you are fcuked, what is wrong with? When you were in high school did a bunch of " div 2" guys beat you up everyday after school?

Again, so happy the coyotes lost but then I remember how much and how often I now have to read about it from the nomads; who seem to be the only ones who ever post in div2/div2 related threads anymore.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love you too Artie.:heart:

Happy Valentines Day!:faded-rose:

PS: It's only Inter, Nomads, Yotes, and cascadesoccer (NFC Celtic*) talking anymore because we're awesome and are all in D2 and everyone else sucks. Even Westcoast says so.

*= still in cup therefore don't suck just cuz cs posts on ttp.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love you too Artie.:heart:

Happy Valentines Day!:faded-rose:

PS: It's only Inter, Nomads, Yotes, and cascadesoccer (NFC Celtic*) talking anymore because we're awesome and are all in D2 and everyone else sucks. Even Westcoast says so.

*= still in cup therefore don't suck just cuz cs posts on ttp.

EXEMPT!!!! yesssssss:wa:

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
we won....blablablabla......., we played good, great team effort blablabla....housearrest was awesome blablabla.....so was carniehore blablabla.. :p

i think we need to set post limits....and i think that would have exceeded it right there. :rolleyes:

anywho, our team is good always has been. if my 16-17 core guys show up every week like when the season first started, we beat teams like the dynamo, nomads easily (no offense) but when guys stop showing up and call ups are hard to come by, you gotta do what you gotta do to get #s. but thats cup anyone can beat anyone. its not like we lost to a div 4 team. we played one last weekend and shite on them(see westcoast div 4 teams do suck) i really want that second promo spot and a good run at the bradner would be nice. listen games over, you guys won, we didn't end of story. i still believe your keeper won you the game with some fantastic stops and thats that. we got a big game this weekend out at stolo, hopefully can get back on the winning track.

good luck to the remaining teams in cup. the league/teams should vote to not allow same division matchups in the first two rounds of the pres or bradner just so teams can get a chance to play other teams that they haven't already played twice. thats why you have so few div 2 teams at this point cause majority of them have been knocked out by one another. cup time is fun n exciting, theres nothing exciting bout playing someone for a 3rd time unless its in the latter stages...just my $0.02........really hope celtic win next round ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0