Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter plays their best game this year...90 minutes of clinical soccer.

Heard some team got scored on from center....Dutch or Juction can you confirm??

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We want to play Inter next.....
Same spot we were in last year I think ...final 8 ..right?

guildford7

Oct 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jay said it best.

Guildford 4...actually 5 - Temple 0 (Goal crossed the line, clearly, ref called it no goal even though it was 3 feet past the line)

Terrible game. Nothing to say about this one...Temple just couldnt get enough quality guys out, and it was a gong show. The ACBC-Lions game after was very good, even though ACBC deserved the win, PM plays a tight game....interesting to see the quarter final draw!

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya our game our sweeper doyle scored from over half. Played a long ball into the box and keeper came out to challenge the striker but the ball bounced right over his head into the net

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went and saw the Vault v. Cloverdale game first. Good game. Vault was missing a few players, notably the 2 Semi-Pro forwards. A breakaway goal started it off for Vault and ended in a 2-0 win for Vault. #6 Sweeper on Cloverdale got a little over zealous pushed way too far up and out of position, which created the hole in the middle of defense that led to the first goal for Vault. Cloverdale kind of left lost a enthusiasm after that goal. Tough Luck for Cloverdale. Good Luck to Vault in the next round.

Second game was ACBC v. Pomo, damm it was a cold night to watch games. Couldn't even find in myself to walk over to the otherside and say hello to Ghouse and company. Hope they didn't see me. :) Anyways, Pomo were physical and defended well on ACBC but couldn't create anything offensively. We (BC United) had same problem. Almost exactly the same problem. ACBC eventually just created more chances and capitalized. 1-0 win for ACBC.

But honestly everytime i get on this site, i'm still laughing and thinking about these posts here:

http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/bc-soccer-general-discussion/16093-bcpsl-cup-2.html

Bergamascho post,Ghouse dancing post, and Captain Shamrock's post are the funniest. Halarious. :)

sh0rty_oo7

Nov 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND with the upset watch ou

North Delta is a pretty good squad, all young. Not sure how much further in cup they will make it but definitely will do well in div 2 next season.

the 4-0 score over us (Athletica) didnt exactly reflect the game, it was much closer than that.

Unlucky for us, we didn't have 11 starters and again, played our coach. Our keeper pulled a no-show so that also didnt help, but our backup had a good performance, hung out to dry for the 4 goals.

A late goal in the 45th minute for ND to take the 1-0 lead. Second half they were by FAR the better team. Props to North Delta.

Good luck in cup boys! Lots of talent left.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wanna play acbc next round at home. 3 games I've played against this club with a win, a tie, and a loss but let's forget that last one. If inter play the way they did tonight acbc won't be a problem.

Testastretta

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone able to tell me where Swensson Park is? I want to catch the Red Devils/Mission match before the Canada/USA hockey game

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scored on from center? I believe that was your team gettin sniped on off of a free kick last time we met. And dont forget about the other one that the goalie let go wide, ball bounces off the post and hits the goalie in the face on the way out. Priceless!

We got scored on with 17 seconds left off of a corner kick. Heartbreaker. Then the ref plays 2 mins of extra time when everyone knows there were acbc players flailing all over the pitch grabbin knees and ankles. I thought their may be a sniper out there at one point. I'm going to have to really bite my lip here about the embelleshment of fouls, and guys staying down when they arent hurt. I guess its part of the game, but it also means you are a big pussy in my books. lol thats all i will say.... One guy cried. ok enough.

Obviously a good team tho, they had a much better second half and came away with the result. A bit different team from last year, did u have all ur guys out?

And ya Franny, summer league definately doesn't count. On that note... we beat acbc a bunch of times in the summer :) lol. Just thought I would throw that in there.

You guys sound about as confident as you did at the beginning of the year... I wouldnt put it past you that you could take out acbc, but i also wouldnt be puttin money on it.

Good Luck

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scored on from center? I believe that was your team gettin sniped on off of a free kick last time we met. And dont forget about the other one that the goalie let go wide, ball bounces off the post and hits the goalie in the face on the way out. Priceless!

We got scored on with 17 seconds left off of a corner kick. Heartbreaker. Then the ref plays 2 mins of extra time when everyone knows there were acbc players flailing all over the pitch grabbin knees and ankles. I thought their may be a sniper out there at one point. I'm going to have to really bite my lip here about the embelleshment of fouls, and guys staying down when they arent hurt. I guess its part of the game, but it also means you are a big pussy in my books. lol thats all i will say.... One guy cried. ok enough.

Obviously a good team tho, they had a much better second half and came away with the result. A bit different team from last year, did u have all ur guys out?

And ya Franny, summer league definately doesn't count. On that note... we beat acbc a bunch of times in the summer :) lol. Just thought I would throw that in there.

You guys sound about as confident as you did at the beginning of the year... I wouldnt put it past you that you could take out acbc, but i also wouldnt be puttin money on it.

Good Luck

Summer league??? What are you talking about? Whos talking summer?

Extra time you say...hmmm some team got 9 minutes of extra time to tie us:D

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Summer league??? What are you talking about? Whos talking summer?

Extra time you say...hmmm some team got 9 minutes of extra time to tie us:D

Well since we havent lost in well over a year now (FVSL) and you have never been in our FVSL division...I cant remember what the heck your talking about. You beat and tied us when...when I was skinny and still on 1 pak of smokes a day?

Testastretta

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good Luck

I think it was missionblues10 talking about Inter's win, tie, and loss against us. But I haven't played Inter once and I've been on the team since the beginning of last years cup run. (Unless it is like Rich mentioned and it was during the summer, which really is a watered down acbc squad since you never know who's gonna show up)...

Gunners once again gave us a good match which we expected because of last years cup final and their league results (I was surprised you guys didn't do better in provincials! - better luck this year) The Gunners team we played yesterday seemed to be quite similar to the team in last years cup final... Did part of the team move up to div 1? Port Moody has so many teams I'm not really sure how the club system works over there with individual players switching between the club's teams... I was just expecting a different squad since I thought you guys were promoted last year!

Our team is quite different from last years cup final team. And 1 sure starter was missing yesterday.

Quarter finals now, 3 teams from 2B and maybe 3 from 2A if Mission can beat out FVRD. North Delta Div 3 sounds like they should not be under estimated, and Vault has a couple of semi-pro players (if I correctly read a previous post on this thread)... Well as I'm sure everyone agrees, it's cup time, every team wants to win it, and anything can happen...

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads Young Guns game was pretty hard fought for the first 60 min. Back and forth, we had the first great chance and their keeper robbed us. They scored first on what I thought should have been a foul. Rolled it to my centre mid and their guy runs right through his back when he had the ball, takes him out and walks in and rifles one 5 hole on me. We keep the pressure up and score one of the most ugliest goals ive ever seen. Sweeper plays a long ball from over half onto our striker, keeper comes out cause he thought our striker would get it, everyone misses it, bounces over the keepers head into the net, lol. counteracts his great save, 1-1 at half.

Young guns come out flying in the 2nd half with tons of pressure and I had to come up huge on an open header to the bottom right inside the post. Then Nomads took over with relentless pressure and they couldn't stop us. 3 goals in 15 min, including a post and a missed sitter off the post rebound. They get one back with 5 min left after we made a bunch of changes on some missed checking assignments.

All in all, good hard fought game.

on a side note, yes bam bam you are right, ND looks very good. didn't help that Athletica only had 12 guys, but they know how to move the ball, have tons of pace and can finish. looks like the average age of the team is 21 years

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We played Inter last Prez Cup quarter final in the Ridge..Remember huge piles of very dangerous ice piled right along the whole side line..5-2 win....
Other than that I dont remember playing them ever...In summer all the time,but not to my short bad memory have we played them in the last 2-3 years anyways...and we were in div 3 then and if we didnt play then ,then we never played them because our div 2 team is only in its 3rd year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0