Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Important Week 1 Note:

Liverpool 3pts
Manu 1pt

1 step closer to that bottle of Crown :D

Man U tied Reading last year in the opening match....no worries they just give the top teams a glimmer of hope before they beat them head to head and show them who is the superior team really is:D

On a side note I would like to see Liverpool finish second though

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GERRARD!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYv41vLR80c]YouTube - Liverpool VS Middlesbrough 2-1 (gerrard goal)[/ame]

Top of the table, Franchise. top of the table. Can Man U keep up? :D

Mr. X

Nov 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arsenal lose to Fulham?? Can't say I saw that happening. Tottenham need to sort some shite out or they are going to fall behind the top 4 quickly and won't be able to keep up.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Testing a new auto embed code here, at time of posting, Fullham vs Arsenal being shown...

[ame=http://www.justin.tv/uk_football_1]Justin.tv - uk_football_1's channel - Live Streaming Video[/ame]

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top 4? You mean top 1.

Currently :)

Very nice indeed. But as the very biggest Liverpool fan I know and for the rest of us, nice to get 6 points, far from convincing however. Yes we have the talent to beat Sunderland and Middlesborough, but from watching them over the first two games, they were simply out worked by two lesser opponents. We were 6 minutes from 1 point last week and 6 this week from none.

Fantastic start. Gotta win ugly sometimes to win the league. Looking forward to the first convincing 90 minutes. Maybe Champs league this week.

Mr. X

Nov 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantastic start. Gotta win ugly sometimes to win the league. Looking forward to the first convincing 90 minutes. Maybe Champs league this week.

It would be great to see a full 90 minute dominating performance. LFC is more than capable of doing that. I'm just waiting for Keane and Torres to get on the same page.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
From Football365.com

ARSENAL IN FOR A CANADIAN DUTCHMAN
The Sun this morning reports that Arsenal are set to shun the established talents of the likes of Gareth Barry, and instead stump up £12million for the man they describe as the 'Dutch Owen Hargreaves'.

Whether they see Feyenoord's Jonathan De Guzman as a similar player to Mr Hargreaves - or just that he was born in Canada but chose to play for someone else - we're not sure, but they seem pretty convinced the deal is going to happen.

Apparently De Guzman has been on Arsene Wenger's radar for a couple of years, and is now ready to move in for the kill, beating off (stop sniggering) interest from Everton.

De Guzman is described as 'tough-tackling', and said back in April that he'd rather fancy a move to London.

DUTCH OWEN HARGREAVES?!?!? I always took De Guzman to be much more of an attacking midfielder, than a holding.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm always surprised that JULIAN De Guzman doesn't get more speculation like what's posted above at transfer window time... especially in Spain. He is, arguably the best midfield in North America and one of best defensive midfielders in Spain. He's out of contract in the summer. I know he's getting older (27) but... what gives? Is it because he's listed as Canadian? If Arsenal are really interested in a defensive midfielder with a good track record, Julian is who they should go after.

Me thinks Julian needs a new agent!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Julian is a better holding MF than Jono, Jono is much better at attacking and passing and the offensive parts of the game, and is way younger.

De Guzman now got his Dutch passport and the rest of the EU and now is moving to England.....hmpf.

If he moves that quikly I have no problem calling him Judas.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it because he's listed as Canadian?

Probably.
As Johnny said, the EU passport makes the whole thing happen way easier - No work permit issues.

Dutch passport - Good.
Canadian passport - Not as attractive with more red tape.

Which is why I'm getting dual citizenship for my kid when he signs with Rangers. :D

UKpassportforever

Mr. X

Nov 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, Man City just became a major player. The Abu Dhabi group has bought out the Thai owner and that club will get a huge injection of cash to spend. Already bids for Berbatov, and Villa. Now I wonder if that will make DIC step up their bid to takeover Liverpool or if they will set their eyes on Newcastle instead.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manchester United bag their man Berbatov!

Man City snook up and stole Robinho from under Chelseas nose.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the Robinho signing.
They show alot of Man City games so it will be alot more fun watching Robinho go at defenders. The Thai owner apparently has also been bought out.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see them finish top 4.
In the last few days they also signed Pavyulechenko(sp?) and Corluka.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
to sign Robino right after signing SWP, they are the same player. Granted Robino is ALOT better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0