Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Potential Whitecaps Players in BC

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masry this the problem here. You know your self first you must have size second speed and strength and third skill and soccer sence. It realy does not mater if STM is a football School. They have seven U14 guys as good as any select kid and twice as strong. All of you know with out strength up top there is no way getting through.
Our U17 National side won a game in Coasta rica due to reason of physical play of three four guys. We all will have skill eventualy. Size is god given same goes for speed and soccer sence. And the boys I pointed out fro Richmond can step in and hold a sopt in selects top eleven.
Boys must be spoted now at U16 it is late.
There is also two boys on North Shore FC Wild S2 team as good as any kids on select. They play with friends. One must first find the total player than develop his skill. I know you are working hard on development and skill part of it. In them though games you are always loking for a guy or two to do the dam hard tackles to stop the opponent from cutting through.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masry this the problem here. You know your self first you must have size second speed and strength and third skill and soccer sence. It realy does not mater if STM is a football School. They have seven U14 guys as good as any select kid and twice as strong. All of you know with out strength up top there is no way getting through.
Our U17 National side won a game in Coasta rica due to reason of physical play of three four guys. We all will have skill eventualy. Size is god given same goes for speed and soccer sence. And the boys I pointed out fro Richmond can step in and hold a sopt in selects top eleven.
Boys must be spoted now at U16 it is late.
There is also two boys on North Shore FC Wild S2 team as good as any kids on select. They play with friends. One must first find the total player than develop his skill. I know you are working hard on development and skill part of it. In them though games you are always loking for a guy or two to do the dam hard tackles to stop the opponent from cutting through.

Honestly everything your saying is the reason we aren't going to get better as a soccer nation. I read an article about this in the AJAX development system and picking players based on size or speed at this age is ridiculous. Having the love, desire and work ethic to become the best is the most important thing, great players aren't born, they are born regular people and need to work to become great players. Yes some people have more god given talent but kids that are already picking football over soccer isn't what you want, they aren't ever going to put 4 hours a day in to be the best.

Kids grow at different ages often times that late bloomer or smaller player gets over looked or pushed aside when he may have more potential then them all because of that love and desire to do what it takes to improve and play with a smile and joy. We need to be teaching kids how how to play soccer with skills and technique not brute strength and speed.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bull just take a look on Seattle roster for size take look on Portland team size take a look TFC roster size you might get the better idea. It is tough mens game. If you lack in one of those things there is no hope. Every fifty fifty tacke you will lose to a way stronged and quick player. It is OK we all know there is few short guys good not that many. Just look in English teams and French and Dutch and German you will see what I talk about. We like it or not we have to do it. There is three god gifts rest is to be thought. Size speed and strength.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadian soccer is nowhere because Canadian so-called "soccer professionals" look first for the size. Even Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta would not be able to make BC Provincial team thanks to those geniuses at BCSA.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent last few posts re: skill over strength.

How often do you hear of the smaller lad quitting though because everyone else is just kicking them around the park for the duration of the game?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL RCD the three guys you just pointed out are top world class players. Those guys grew up playing in a club system. They then got sold to top teams. There is few on any country with skill and ability to take hits. Reffin in MLS and in Europe is totaly not the same. In Europe they protect skilled guys here they say play on. Few hard hits and here we go. MLS is more of a football oriented soccer. Hard fast and sencles. Many good players end up hurt.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is one more youngster to look at his name is Lucas Naidu. Wesburn U14 gold. Plays gold due top baseball. A total midfielder. Good skill goo movment and a very good team player. Easy select player or higher.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You mean like Bo Jackson. Yeah, fcuk Bo! Probably why he didn't play soccer, someone told him "only soccer" :rolleyes:

Actually, closer to home... insert Steve Nash for Bo Jackson above.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masry this the problem here. You know your self first you must have size second speed and strength and third skill and soccer sence...

Agreed! After all, soccer history proves that Scandinavian teams are the most successful over all and that such minnows like Brazil, Argentina, Spain, etc. will never amount to much in soccer given their stupid insistence in fielding short players. You can also find support for your thesis just by looking at WC2010's teams (FIFA World Cup 2010: Serbia Tops Tallest Teams List | The Global Herald), after all wasn't the final Serbia vs Denmark?

Biased that I am from the top of my gigantic 5'10" (above average for a brazilian BTW) I can only conclude that you're completely off your rocker or that you posted your criteria in reverse order of importance. Me, dumb brazilian that I am, have always chosen players with skill and soccer sense over clumsy behemoths, but what do I know....

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base and TM both have good points.
IMO, there is a difference between the North American and European game and I agree with Base's logic.

I don't want to be misunderstood though, Messi and the boys would kill the MLS. We're just talking about local players now.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe that is the problem with soccer here. My uncle in Scotland says they have the same problem there. The smaller talented players get pushed around so much they don't get a chance to develop. Scotland isn't exactly a world beater and neither are the English. Perhaps if we concentrated a little more on speed and skill we might do a little better andat least play a more attractive game.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland plays good style of game. One hard two fast three strong only one thing lacks. They would need tonns of indor turfs to develop kids skill. It is cold seven months a year, plus you practice on wet fields you must kick the ball to make it move. Down south it is dry, way tomany people not many fields. They practice small soccer way more, skill will show if you do that for six seven years.
We rush our kids to become robats to move like a wind at twelve years of age. Kids in Canada need time to grow and develop.
I recomend go slow make it fun for kids and give kids chance to develop. Forget cutting six kids each year for some coach to win extra four games. These guys are not developing, they only supply power to their iner inability.
In HPL kids are close to becomming good. They just need to know how to train on their own. They need to develop upper body strength and most of all to be able to last more then twenty minutes. Most drop the level of their game after seven minutes.
Third energy system is very low on most of the kids here.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed! After all, soccer history proves that Scandinavian teams are the most successful over all and that such minnows like Brazil, Argentina, Spain, etc. will never amount to much in soccer given their stupid insistence in fielding short players. You can also find support for your thesis just by looking at WC2010's teams (FIFA World Cup 2010: Serbia Tops Tallest Teams List | The Global Herald), after all wasn't the final Serbia vs Denmark?

Biased that I am from the top of my gigantic 5'10" (above average for a brazilian BTW) I can only conclude that you're completely off your rocker or that you posted your criteria in reverse order of importance. Me, dumb brazilian that I am, have always chosen players with skill and soccer sense over clumsy behemoths, but what do I know....

that's some funny stuff

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just read on Robbie Savage's Twitter page that he has an 'opportunity' to come and play for the 'Caps next season.

He's out of contract at Derby at the end of the season and he apparently has family in West Van.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just read on Robbie Savage's Twitter page that he has an 'opportunity' to come and play for the 'Caps next season.

He's out of contract at Derby at the end of the season and he apparently has family in West Van.

Really??? But he didn't play Silver level soccer here? :rolleyes:

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

WOW!

nice find

Dude would have some serious competition for best hair

cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0