Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Potential Whitecaps Players in BC

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe that one local player, ADMIR SALIHOVIC, has a very good shot of playing MLS with the Whitecaps, but I believe that he forfeited his opportunity by leaving the team a couple years ago for ACBC. Bobby is not very forgiving to players that leave his club.

The pace at which he does things with the soccer ball, his body control, and his first three steps are at a different level.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know Admir well. He could have done it. Due to his inability to support him self through hard times he left the Caps. MLS is a big strong phyicical league. Admir is a clasic Europian player. Portugal,Spain ,Swiss clubs would be for Admir. Last I heard he left the club on his own. Bob will never be fulled twice. Montreal A league than USL might be if Admir wakes up.
One must have money to make money. That is the way dam World is getting runned now. Whticaps need ten 14 year olds to train for future. They must buy proven players to stay in the midle of the pack. Tomislav Medved is one young guy from Europe that would help Caps score goales. He already plays in Div three over there. He is only twenty one years old. It is only through young proven players that main club will climb. Just look at Toronto. Just spinning wheels with old worn out players.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Caps need to go and pick up two third div Europinan young player. Those guys can step and play in MLS." Base, I have no doubt there are some 3rd div players somewhere in the world good enough for MLS, but this statement in general is just ridiculous. You seriously underestimate the skill level at MLS.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror i saw many MLS games. I have watched practices and I am telling you guys are no better than third div players in Europe. Sure one guy or two guys per side are better rest not at all. In my opinion only through youth movment Caps can get better.
Eathan Gage must be part of main Club. That is one young guy that can go over seas and make it.
Third div players in Europe are guys between18 and twenty four years og age. Eager young guys. Many of them move up each year.
You know darn well we will not be winning the league with the team they will put together might as well be young in a year or two they just might blend and do somthing about it. MLS if you are six two and go by 190 you will hold your own. If not you will be taking time off for hard tackles. Them the brakes. You will see when Portland comes to play and Seattle comes to play. You have to match their size or there is no way to get any points.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror i saw many MLS games. I have watched practices and I am telling you guys are no better than third div players in Europe. Sure one guy or two guys per side are better rest not at all. In my opinion only through youth movment Caps can get better.
Eathan Gage must be part of main Club. That is one young guy that can go over seas and make it.
Third div players in Europe are guys between18 and twenty four years og age. Eager young guys. Many of them move up each year.
You know darn well we will not be winning the league with the team they will put together might as well be young in a year or two they just might blend and do somthing about it. MLS if you are six two and go by 190 you will hold your own. If not you will be taking time off for hard tackles. Them the brakes. You will see when Portland comes to play and Seattle comes to play. You have to match their size or there is no way to get any points.

Third div and mls are on par? Put this in perspective. South Africa 2010 had how many mls players representing countries? How many did the English leagues outside of the premiership have? The only stand out I would say is Jonas gutierrz of Newcastle. Youre totally underestimating the quality of the mls.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Third div and mls are on par? Put this in perspective. South Africa 2010 had how many mls players representing countries? How many did the English leagues outside of the premiership have? The only stand out I would say is Jonas gutierrz of Newcastle. Youre totally underestimating the quality of the mls.

I completely agree.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Base, this is ridiculous. MLS and 3rd Div in Europe equal? Why then would Celtic be going out for DeRo and Ljungberg? Why is Bunbury on trial in the EPL? Why did two championship teams just buy and try to buy Findlay and Buddle respectively?? C'mon...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys all they have to do is setup two friendly games gainst third div teams. You would see what I am talking about. There is tonns of very good players. Natural goal scores playing in Div three in Europe. Lots of our kids go over there they can not make even div four there.We are miles behind. Our players here coach them selves for that same reason. No place to go why put out. Local clubs are always looking else where. Tell me somthing what does Bob got to loose by getting one of those guys here. For low money he can have a guy that can fly and score a goal. Only one way to beat a big guy in the back, one two and speed. What the heck is a thirty five burned out player going to do here. Passing is way off. They are forced to chase the ball. After few weeks they all quit and on top of it take big coin. To me that is fullish.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celitic is proven club with tonns of talent. They have three players for each spot De Ro knows well that he needs few more years to make his money. Going to Celtic will thake the madness of Toronto off of his back. He gets to play with better players in every spot on the field. If I was him I would have done the same. Are you trying to copmpare Celtics to Whitcaps or Rangers. Caps need years to go yet to be like one of those clubs. Back to local kids with talent to play for Caps. A kid from MFC U21 sriker could fit in as a youngster from Residency to come up and play for seniour side when needed in three years could fit in on the twenty roster list. This is the only way forward. De Ro is 32 years old last kick at the bocket. Fredy is even older. Total last kick at the bocket. Year maybe two left. Used as a sub in Europe will get twenty five minutes a game if he gets fit and free of nags. De Ro could play for three years on Regular bases.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, you've lost this argument, my friend.

So there are no local kids good enough for Whitecaps? And yes, Ethan Gage should be signed ASAP! No Super Y League products? All the very very best are already in Whitecaps Prospects/Residency?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys all they have to do is setup two friendly games gainst third div teams. You would see what I am talking about. There is tonns of very good players. Natural goal scores playing in Div three in Europe. Lots of our kids go over there they can not make even div four there.We are miles behind. Our players here coach them selves for that same reason. No place to go why put out. Local clubs are always looking else where. Tell me somthing what does Bob got to loose by getting one of those guys here. For low money he can have a guy that can fly and score a goal. Only one way to beat a big guy in the back, one two and speed. What the heck is a thirty five burned out player going to do here. Passing is way off. They are forced to chase the ball. After few weeks they all quit and on top of it take big coin. To me that is fullish.

I've used to go watch s****hrope united every time they played at home when they were in the English 3rd division (before the championship was the championship), and trust me base they were always one of the top teams in league before they were promoted but still no where near the quality of the mls is. And even if what you're saying is true, then why don't those English kids come over here and play in the mls? After all the mls pays better...

On topic though the only player mentioned that I've seen on here that I know is Marcus haber and I'd say he would be a good squad player for the Whitecaps. Plus I can't see west brom extending his contract this summer.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission where did Dunfield play before he came to Caps. Third Div English soccer. Caps gave him a contract. I think he will do fine.
Not to many local kids play on Resedency. Players are from all over Canada. And some from US.
Y league kids all come from local club sides. Only after U14 that these boys get selected for Y league. Good kids, could be way better with better coaching. We need to change our style of play. Our National side always gets thrown out from going on. The reason is we are stock on old system. It does not work we must change it. Us plays with twice of a pace to us. Just look at the scores and you will see where it is at. I would love Bob if he brought few English kids with hart drive and pation to play the game. We all know team will need time to get better.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
MB10, BetterMirror,

Don't get your hopes up about Marcus. He's a good buddy of mine and he told me that playing in the MLS next year is his last option. As much as I'd love to see him here playing for us, he doesn't even think it will happen. Even though the Whitecaps have already made contact with him about it. He said if West Brom doesn't renew his contract, he will probably either look to sign with a Championship club in England or head back to Scotland where St.Johnstones has already asked for him to sign fully after his loan spell. Although, if all else fails, we can definatly see him back with the Whitecaps...

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Masry. Actually, I can see Habs having a good go of it in Scandinavia or Holland as well. even the German B2? Better for him than Championship or Scotland (more technical).

Dunfield is a rarity in MLS (going from lower England to thriving in MLS). Just look at the lads TFC have signed from lower England on huge contracts that ended-up total flops.

MLS teams would eat-up 3rd tier sides. Not even close. Forget all the of the foreigners who have come to MLS, just look at Landycakes. Compare him to Jermaine Beckford. Landon goes from Galaxy to Everton and thrives. Beckford goes from 3rd tier England and is really struggling in premier. Basically playing the same position.

Base, there is no comparison to MLS and 3rd tier. Yes, we all know there are some good players in those leagues. But honestly, a Swiss player like Chiumento, an international, had a hard time settling in in the D2 last year....do you think he'd struggle in 3rd tier Europe!? No way.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror I get you point. MLS is a good league but it needs tons of changes to be as equal as Euro top league. They just do not have the same cash flow. TFC is gatting in an English coach. You will see kids from England on TFC this year with more pace and way quicker counter attacks. Dasovic might be out of Work. I just do not think he will be out of work for long . Montreal is looking and few other clubs. Good guy good with players. Did well as a National coach with U20 boys. Better than any other coach. Victoria and Kelowna should also call the guy. In my opinion both will join USL. There is a Rusian lad in lower mainland with unbalivable pace. I will talk to Nashi about the lad.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, TFC is a shambles. How they haven't learned that the English-style doesn't work in MLS is beyond me! A quick-counter attack won't work in August. Impossible to play that tempo.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0