Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Philadelphia Flyers 2011/2012

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise............:D

Girth, both teams looked VERY bad defensively. One team worse than the other. :D One goalie looked MARGINALLY better than the other and it wasn't Luongo.

3 - 0 is better than 1 - 2 at this point. :D

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk face or not, I bet you'd love to see Pronger wearing a maple leaf...I know I'd love him in a Canucks jersey!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm loving that 24/7 series again! It is very cool for us Joe Public's to get an inside look into the lives and daily ordeals of NHL'ers. I'm not sure this much access has ever been given to the Public in any major pro sport around the globe.

Laviolette seems like a much better coach than Torts, who seems like a screamer. at least I like his style better than Torts.

The Flyers look like an actual hockey team, and the Rangers do look, for the most part, like a bunch of young guys with money living in NYC.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well those Rangers are now top of the Eastern Conference so they must be more than just a bunch of young guys with money living in NYC.

I'm very happy with the start of the Flyers season. They have done better than I had expected with the amount of changes they made and losing two of their top players in the off-season. Once again, goaltending has been an issue as Bobrovsky is currently the number one guy. Bryzgalov is a ****ing nut and will not be the answer for the Flyers. Bobrovsky's numbers are good right now but they have to be great for the Flyers to give it a legitimate run. There are a lot of teams who very close to each other in the East and the West and it should be a great run into the playoffs.

Giroux has been outstanding for the Flyers and their scoring is very balanced.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, has anybody found the other three episodes online? I've been looking and haven't found the second or the third? I believe the 4th one is this Wednesday????

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cappy the 4th episode is Thursday evening iirc. I'm pretty sure you could find the 3 episodes in a torrent somewhere. try looking at www.kat.ph or isohunt or somewhere. I have HBO, so the whole thing will be "On Demand" soon! :wa:

Rangers looked to have got some good players back in the lineup from injury, which has spelled the end, probably for good this time, for Sean Avery... they have got Hagelin playing well, Staal back from Injury, and Wolski is back now also or will be soon, although he didn't play yesterday.

The Flyers are a better team imho, just hammered with injuries. Jagr and Giroux were utterly dominant in the first period then Jagr sprained his labia or something and was rooted to the bench. Lundqvist was also something else yesterday.

I like the Flyers, I used to hate them, but Giroux is outstanding to watch: He's a gifted playmaker and scorer that chips in defensively quite well and is hard nosed for a player of his talents. You'll never see Henrik Sedin skate 200 ft from a scoring chance at the other end and then finish a guy off in the corner with a big hit like Giroux did to McDonagh yesterday. Giroux oozes skill.

The Flyers will have problems as long as "Universe" is their goalie. I don't know what it is between Vancouver and Philly and goaltending problems. Hindsight is always 20/20 but Philly made a mistake giving that much cash to "Universe" when they could have traded some of that young power forward talent to a team like Vancouver with a good goalie like Schnieder rotting behind Luongo. Neither of those Mike Rupp goals would have gone in on a proper Number 1 goalie... or at least shouldn't have.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0