Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2009 - Week 2

Pak Cup 2009 - Week 2 Cup MOTW

• Poco City Reserves D1 - Aldergrove Utd D1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aldergrove Utd P - Dewdney United D1

• Mission SC D1 - North Delta Lions P

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
With 5 starters out due to injuries and cards you were lucky we didn't beat you worse. Every team in this league should have changerooms. Changing on the sidelines is a joke.

I hope you had guys missing because I think you guys only had two shots within 30 yards and they both went in. Very unimpressive premier side - I remember it being a lot better 5 - 10 years ago.

JTL

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was an awesome game last night b/w Acbc P and Langley Utd.

Langley was unlucky early on a sure thing, but the striker looked to hesitate and scopped it high with his foot instead of leaning out to tap in with his head.

Can't believe the brainfart by Tim, but he totally more than made up for it with the 3 or 4 circus saves he made, 2 of which he had no business getting to.

That number 18 for LUFC with the long hair was some player...easily man of the match and the only LUFC player that didn't fall for Admir's tricks and Vennie's speed.

Langley started coming back in the last 10 or so, but it was too little too late.

Chicken smelled delicious.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know that there is a more terrifying keeper to play against than Timmy in the Prem division. Not only does he look scary, but he always goes in hard, no remorse.

Was just thinking about the Ranger's moan about this supposedly phantom PK that was seen by everybody but the Rangers.

Uppal called it, right? So what makes anyone think there is a conspiracy here...is it because he happens to play for the Ranger's Masters, or because he happens to be a league exec?

Call me pragmatic, but it would seem to me that Kevin's very best interest is to call that game by the book, make sure his added time is nuts on, and anything that should be called a PK would be called a PK, no matter what color it was called against, or at what point in the game.

If anything, maybe the league should have switched him out so that nobody could call foul on him, in the event of a difficult / controversial call. That being said, would you rather have him in the middle for a Pak, or somebody like JB? How about Phil?

Come on guys...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref that did the game last night b/w ACBC and LUFC did a great job. I didn't recognise him from my top row of the bleachers perch, however He did a great job imho...

Just one weird yellow card to an ACBC defender for "time wasting" with about 15 minutes to go while he was standing over a free kick :?

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been biting my tongue all weekend reading these posts on how our game ended on Friday because anything we write on this site is going to be taken as whining. First off, I would like to take my hat off to the Wack on a good hard fought game that could of gone either way on the night. Good luck in the next round although I don't think you'll need it, you should hammer Poco. That being said here is how I saw the end of the game. The ball bounced through to the Wack forward (#20)at the top of the 18 and as he took a touch on the ball he got to much of the ball and pushed it to far ahead of him. Seeing that I was going to beat him to the ball and feeling the pressure of defenders sliding in behind him he let out a yell and dove in the box. Was it a smart play on his part? Definately. Do I blame Uppal for falling for it? Let's just say I understand why he called it.

Not whining just stating my opinion on the controversial call. Again good luck in the next round Wack.

Stoned and Shattered

PS Z and Hat get your heads up it could have happened to any of us, at least you had the balls to step up when your team needed you to.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know that there is a more terrifying keeper to play against than Timmy in the Prem division. Not only does he look scary, but he always goes in hard, no remorse.

Was just thinking about the Ranger's moan about this supposedly phantom PK that was seen by everybody but the Rangers.

Uppal called it, right? So what makes anyone think there is a conspiracy here...is it because he happens to play for the Ranger's Masters, or because he happens to be a league exec?

Call me pragmatic, but it would seem to me that Kevin's very best interest is to call that game by the book, make sure his added time is nuts on, and anything that should be called a PK would be called a PK, no matter what color it was called against, or at what point in the game.

If anything, maybe the league should have switched him out so that nobody could call foul on him, in the event of a difficult / controversial call. That being said, would you rather have him in the middle for a Pak, or somebody like JB? How about Phil?

Come on guys...

Seems like you are the only one wanting to continue here.
No one said anything about a conspiracy of any nature.

That being said, do you think it is possible that Uppal may have called it so his image as a quality ref wouldnt be tarnished? Didnt want others to think he was favouring any one team?

Again, I am gutted not because we lost....but rather by the means how we lost that game. Having a PK called with no time left is awful....not to mention a questionable PK.

Are there people who saw the game that feel that the call was without any doubt, a clear foul? Were you there?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref for the Dewd/Ald match was terrific. As good a ref as I have seen in a long time. Don't know his name and not sure if I have had him before but he was very good.

The game was a lot of fun too. We are/were disappointed not to have won the game. it was 2-0 for Aldergrove, they scored 2 goals on nice counters. We created lots and we feel we were the better team. Aldergrove was missing players and may normally be a much better team but I think they would probably agree that they got away with one on the weekend. Our smaller forward missed a couple of good chances when it was 0-0 and their keeper made at least 2 very good saves to keep it at 0-0. Other than the first 10 minutes we applied a lot of pressure but could not finish.

Good luck to all teams that remain.
What happened in the TWU/Moody game?

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if it was mentioned on here but for you Poco guys interested Doc scored the only goal for us on a great strike into the top corner.:D

Thanks again

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if it was mentioned on here but for you Poco guys interested Doc scored the only goal for us on a great strike into the top corner.:D

Thanks again

A truely magnificant shot, great lay off by big Z.

Definately a PK.

It does not take balls to make the right call, a PK is a PK in the 25th minute or the 93rd minute.

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
A truely magnificant shot, great lay off by big Z.

Definately a PK.

It does not take balls to make the right call, a PK is a PK in the 25th minute or the 93rd minute.

Just curious as to where you were standing that you can be 100% sure that was a PK? As for me I was 6 feet away looking right at the play barreling down on me.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems like you are the only one wanting to continue here.
No one said anything about a conspiracy of any nature.

That being said, do you think it is possible that Uppal may have called it so his image as a quality ref wouldnt be tarnished? Didnt want others to think he was favouring any one team?

Again, I am gutted not because we lost....but rather by the means how we lost that game. Having a PK called with no time left is awful....not to mention a questionable PK.

Are there people who saw the game that feel that the call was without any doubt, a clear foul? Were you there?

More than anything I'm just casting a line out there to see if I get any bites. So far two lively cohos.

:D

Personally, I don't think he'd have called it for any other reason than that during that split second he felt it was the right call, and time hadn't expired yet. Simple as that.

Whether it was a dive or not I have no idea, and couldn't guess. I do know Kev is rarely sold. He'd be watching for that. So let's say the ball did get slightly beyond the striker a bit to make it more of a 50/50 challenge, and there were defenders nipping ever so lightly at his heels. Late in a game, even the slightest nip could legitimately cause a man to go down...dead legs and all. Or, maybe he felt the clip and went down easily. As Stoned said a smart move late in a game. Whatever the case, a ref has a split second to digest the info before him and decide if a legitimate scoring chance was compromised because of the foul. A trip of that nature, even in chasing a 50/50 opportunity, is still an opportunity lost...therefore PK.

As for being gutted...I know only too well. In our match, remember, it looked like we'd won the damn PKs in something like the 8th or 9th round when the official ruled our keeper came off his line. Talk about going from a high to a low in such a short span. And yes...we accepted the official's decision, given he did call a great game. He'd earned the respect.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good luck in the next round although I don't think you'll need it, you should hammer Poco

Thanks again

You would think you would support your Div 1 brethren, don't worry I think UPPAL is scheduled:cool: Murray scored from distance.....hmmm, I smell jammie bastard:D

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
More than anything I'm just casting a line out there to see if I get any bites. So far two lively cohos.. He'd earned the respect.

Kev. has always had ger's respect and as upset about losing the game, no one questioned his ethics of refing (even though I saw your trap Dude!)
we all even shook his hand at end, I squeezed a little harder ;) but we still blew it in shootout.

On to the quarters, looking at ACBC as the team to beat now. Could a div 1 team make the finals on somewhat of an easy schedule?

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger camp is quite devastated by the loss.

As much as the Wackjobs had much of the play, we held their longball boot and run tactics at bay for the entire match. Let's be honest here, we Rangers had TWO goals called back in the first half. Stoned_Wall didn't have to make any really big saves. I can't even count how many times our bench had to run behind the backstops to fetch terrible shots from Wack's players (way wide/high).

Also, the Wack didn't really like our physical play ... lots of whining from Green.

My favourite comment of the night ... as our SECOND game ball goes flying out of bounds again:
-Wack manager: does this ranger team have only one game ball?
-Ranger player: if you guys could shoot instead of punting the balls out of bounds, we'd have two!
-Wack manager/player: f#*% you!

kjohnsob - Your Friday night match report was a fair and accurate assessment of the match.

Aside from the question of just how much extra time was added, the officiating was outstanding.

And finally ...
Very unimpressive premier side - I remember it being a lot better 5 - 10 years ago.

Yup - me too.

After playing against and watching many of this year's Premier sides, I see why PAU dominates and why ACBC will win the PAK. The rest really don't play good football.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers - YOU'RE DONE!!!!

My eyes and ears are bleeding.....

The way the G'ers are talking its like they've been part of the biggest upset in history of the Pak Cup - this just in!!! you guys are a better than average to good division 1 team....that's it.

I don't know what's worse - the G'ers thinking they've been robbed of something or Maple Leaf fans thinking that being good 40 years ago justifies talking nonsense about how crappy they are nowadays

Quit trying to hold on to the "Glory Years" of the early 2000's - they core of your squad has moved on and so has any Pak Cup success.

The reality is since the old boys have moved on to O-35's you guys have done squat in the Cups....

Congrats on another top 5 finish in the Div 1 league - let's move on.

4ST OUT!!!:bronco::bronco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0