Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2004

Who will win the Pak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Advances to Quarters

Langley 3 Delta 2

An entertaining match tonight at the oval, with both teams creating many chances.

highlight of the night: Dude, with a cracker goal!! late in the second half, headed top corner.....og!.....just to make it interesting. :eek:

Congrats to Langley, Unlucky Delta (and Dude). ;)

A new Cup & League Champion to be crowned this year. :(

younguy

Nov 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was an "epic" battle out in Langley tonight. I personally don't see how any match can be "epic" at this point in the cup :confused: ...but i assure you all, tonight in langley...it was :p
jbecks confusion is understandable though...i'm sure he got quite confused seeing all these PK's going on when he didn't committ the the usually fouls to cause them. obviously the confusion there, carried over to calling the match "epic". Its alright jbeck, we all forgive you now that we all understand.

As to Langley's match...it was a good test and it would appear that LUFC is close to being back in form. Dude had a great header (too bad wrong goal) and even though it didn't cost us the game, he still had to pay a "cost". what a guy...at least he still has his slick hair to fall back on...unfortunatly coach Wagner can't say the same anymore. :eek:

Banks

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday nights Pak game was one we wont forget.The rain,the 120 minutes,and the penals took it's toll on both sides.We needed a better second half to keep up to a very fast chili side.Wilmets was dangerous all night,hitting a post,winning headers and feeding throughballs with precision.All year ChiliRap gave us problems,they tallied 6 times in 2 matches,and had us scratching our heads.Last night we came together when we were outplayed,and persistence won that game.Shutting the door on Chili's offence was the key.My hat is off to keeps Bekkar.Played well enough to win and was unlucky in the p.k's.A true class player who wears the chili colors with pride.One of the most dangerous teams in this cup has been sent packing.Poco Dominion's drive for another Pak continues. :wa:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
jbeck said:
I think both sides would support me on this point, that the Pak Cup final should have involved these two teams, and no one would have walked away disappointed if tonight's game had been the final.

You may be supported by those teams on fridays "epic" battle in poco and that should have been the cup final, or is that you didn't want to face a so far undefeated GEU (knock on wood) and very strong langley side :confused: :confused: By all means two very good teams battled hard that night, and hats off to both teams for a well faught game, but do remember the other 3 teams above chilli in the standings still remain in the cup, 3 strong teams waiting for their chance at the CUP this year. :D :D
good luck to the remaining teams in PAK CUP play

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 3 Delta Metro 2

Congrats to Langley tonight. Well done lads and good luck the rest of the way. These lads have had our number all year and all credit to them. It really doesn't matter at the end of the day on how the game went. We can all come up with excuses, the bottom line is that Langley are through and we're not.

"Precious" is on its way to pastures new.

Cheers

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: LUFC vs. DELTA on and on...

Another post regarding the LUFC 3 - DELTA 2 Match. I enjoyed watching this bout...

Delta missed a couple of sitters early in the match that possibly could have changed things a bit as Langley was already down 1-0. MOTM had to be Roxy up front with at least 2 helpers. Highlight of the match of course was Dude's own goal, making the game awefully close.

Ref called an interesting one awarding a Delta free kick instead of playing advantage but who knows what would have transpired anyhow. (Nukes new name should be something relating to chopping wood I reckon.....).

Langley guys stepped up their play considerably starting the 2nd half and really came on strong for a stretch. Wilson, who was silent in the 1st half brought a physical tone to his game in the 2nd and really owned his man.... well done.

Tim Wagner made a crazy "kick" save late in the game on a low shot.... awesome reaction time.... He didn't see alot of action otherwise but as usual was strong clearing corner kicks and crosses....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Nukes' tally last night, plus mine, we're both tied for team Pak Cup scorring w/ 3 apiece. :eek:

Yes Skip, it was a cracker, wasn't it? Don't know if I could have hit it any better on the oposition net.

Hey- a first for everything, live and learn, whatever doesn't kill you makes you better, blah, blah, blah...

Still cost me a round in the room. :eek:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Yes Skip, it was a cracker, wasn't it? Don't know if I could have hit it any better on the oposition net.

Happens to the best of us Dude. Don't take it too hard. :)

fukcing cracker though!, I'll say that. ;)

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions

lions 1-0 over the geu cat
They out worked us for the second half, but we held it tight at the back. pk called against us (worst pk I've ever seen called, imo), luckily he put it wide, cause I guessed the wrong way. anyway, I guess it's on to langley, first I think we are gonna work on 5v1, cause we missed at least two of them.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC 1 - 0 Aldergrove Cat

The LUFC juggernaut just keeps rolling along doesn't it? Oops, I don't want to say too much. That Aldergrove guy might have another moan.

In terms of chances, the game was fairly even. In terms of possesion, we dominated. Most of our chances in the first half came from outside the 18. Nothing too special. There only chance of the first, if they had one, came off of counter attacks. Hump and run. You get the picture.

Second half we started a little ragged and it almost cost us. The big bitch clears one off the line then Jamie makes a cracker save right after. Then, as it was in the first half, it was all LUFC. We scored about 15 in. They didn't really have a sniff after that even when we went down a man with about 10 to go.

Another Cat team, another win. I've said too much.:eek:

I assume GN won?

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grove/GEU

Aldergove 1 GEU 0.
Grove decent value for the win, GEU maybe a little unlucky as they had a dodgy call go against them late, but such is the game. Does not always follow the script.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Grove/GEU

LFC2 said:
Aldergove 1 GEU 0....Grove decent value for the win

WTF!!!??? :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

The mighty GEU, and their unbeaten record come crashing down to the likes of Aldergrove?!?! Stunning.

Looks like Langley get what could only be called a free pass to the Pak final, and a berth in the provincials. (beat the lowly Lions, and then the Grove/Whalley) You must be happy LFC2. :)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
all I have to say is garbage fukcing garbage, apart from missing countless chances and getting hammerd in the ass by the ref all game, it basically comes down we shite the bed. They scored on there chance we didnt score on ours, actually we did but apparently it wasnt in, when 2 of our men were in the net with the ball. Possibly the worst officiated game I have ever seen in my entire life, id love to give the ref a piece of my mind, but he wouldn't know a call if it took a shite on his face.
Congrats to aldergrove

Banks

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SHOCKIN,bloody shockin,this must be another Geujoke!Aldergrove sneaks one by Millsy.Must of been one hell of a goal.Undefeated all year and the team from the game farm takes ridge on a hayride.Pick up the pieces Ultratide,you won't be hoisting the Pak,but plenty of league games for you to take your losing streak on.Too bad,so sad. :wa:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 2- Poco Hotspurs 0

Kenny Aujla and Hardeep Sangha gettin the goals for us today, not a good game played by us, pitch was just horrible, but we will take the win and move on to the quarters.

jbeck

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
An "epic" loss to a shite team from Aldergrove?
Bertrum, what would your VMSL lads think? :(
Congrats to Aldergrove

LASTMANBACK21

Jan 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:
We played awesome today. :confused: GEU - nil ALD 1
I think the lack of matches before the break has hurt the mighty GEU. I do not think they trained enough due to the field situation. (Are the fields even open in ridge?) The result is great for others trying to get to provincials. Bertrum did you have to many pints watching the "epic" on Friday night? No goals again buddy what the ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0