Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pacific Cup 2010/11

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The New FVSL/VISL CUP

Some good points there...

It's a real shame the BC Premier League didn't happen too.

Combining all 3 Premier leagues (VMSL, FVSL, VISL) into one BC Premier league and renaming all 3 current div 1 leagues to premier, div 2 to div 1 etc.. and have each of the 3 winning prem teams promoted into the BCPL. Changes it up rather than playing the same 8-9 teams every season. Seems like a no-brainer but oh well maybe in the future.

If the leagues and cups grow then surely it will attract more/better players??

The main thing I struggled with (and am still scratching my head about now) is what league to join and what team to play for. Lots of mixed info and pride at stake when speaking to different teams / leagues.

Putting everyone on a level playing field is the fairest way, surely?

I'm not saying the current structure doesn't work, it's just a little confusing to someone new to the area.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Welcome to Canada.

:D

(which BTW I need to start a new thread about... the CSA over the weekend voted YES to drastic and sweeping changes to how they are structured...)

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Welcome to Canada.

Thanks!

I am sure it happens all over the world! Politics, politics, politics.

I think the structure in England works very well these days, although it has been a mess for quite a while. Leagues and structures have changed more times than I have had hot dinners. In the last 10 years you could have played in 2-3 different tiers whilst staying at the same club.

There isn't going to be ONE solution or ONE way which will better than any other, there just needs to be some communication and compromisation. And if people think of what's best for soccer and not just themselves/their team/ their league then progression will happen.

If people are willing to let change happen then I'm sure things will get better. Sure, they might be shite for a while whilst things are ironed out but eventually things will fall into place and Soccer can gain some more exposure and evolve as it should here.

Things can't happen over night, it's just a shame things get dismissed so quickly rather than looking for a solution to make it happen further down the line.

shite I need to do some work today hahaha :)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well ,the Draw was done, and with some asking maybe Our new Prez can post here or somewhere who drew who?
I do know it was the 8 top teams from both leagues who are playing in the new" Pacific Cup" 16 teams straight knock out.
ACBC drew the Home field advantage all the way through (thankyou very much) and Gorge did aswell (seeding). And thats all i know.
So if ya heard ...please post something...Anything.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Too funny!

The guy who said travel wouldn't be much and put down those questioning it doesn't have to travel at all!

Priceless :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The top 8 teams in each league? WTF? I thought you wanted better quality. How about the top 4 teams. Granted, that would be a stretch, but 8 top teams..........:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schedule for FVSL up now, divisional anyways.

Week 2 showing as Pacific Cup. I'm assuming midweek games as the weekend is scheduled for regular FVSL Prem games.

Anyone involved with the teams been informed as of yet with updates? Obviously travel/ferry arrangements will need to be made?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nanda on the actual date (Saturday or Sunday) of the game vs Gorge for us. Our scheduled game vs Prt. Moody on Saturday is to be a mid-week after that weekend.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All first round games are now scheduled for Saturday Sept. 25th.

Soccer City Pacific Cup

(1 FVSL) Athletic Club BC
(home)
(VISL) Cowichan (home)

(3 VISL) Lakehill (home)
(home)
(FVSL) Chilliwack Rapids

(2 VISL) Bays Utd (home)
(home)
(FVSL) Abbotsford Mariners (home)

(4 FVSL) Port Moody Gunners
(home)
(VISL) Gordonhead Final

(1 VISL) Gorge FC
(home)
(FVSL) Peace Arch Utd (home)

(3 FVSL) Langley Utd (home)
(home)
(VISL) Sooke Celtic

(2 FVSL) Poco FC (away)
(home)
(VISL) Gorge Utd (home)

(4 VISL) Naniamo Utd
(home)
(FVSL) Golden Ears Utd

Round of 16 Quarter Final Semi Final FINAL
Sat Sept 25 Sat Oct 30 Sat Nov 20 Sat Dec 4

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pacific Cup gets underway this weekend. I know there is a tripleheader at Port Moody turf on saturday. Should make for a good atmosphere if the weather holds up. Predictions:

ACBC vs Cowichan
Lakehill vs Chilliwack
Bays Utd vs Abbotsford
Port Moody vs Gordon Head
Gorge Fc vs PAU
Langley vs Sooke
Poco vs Gorge Utd
Nanaimo vs GEU

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think all 4 games are now at Moody towncenter new turf. Starting at Noon. 2 ,4 , 6pm
Should be a great day for everyone to come down and check the new Pacific Cup.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the obvious MOTW is PAU vs Gorge. Should actually be a good game, depending on who each team has out. I think Im going with PAU in the upset. 2-1

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
looking on the visl website and gorge won 1 zip; bays 3-2....the rest won by fvl teams altho they don't have the final games at town centre posted as of yet....not surprised with the gorge game, would assume they played 2 string lineup what with the nationals looming on the horizon

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Utd (FVSL) 6 - Sooke Celtic (VISL) 2
Poco FC (FVSL) 5 - Gorge Utd (VISL) 1
Port Moody Gunners (FVSL) 2 - Gordonhead (VISL) 4
Athletic Club BC (FVSL) 1 - Cowichan (VISL) 2
Lakehill (VISL) 0 - Chilliwack Rapids (FVSL) 1
Bays Utd (VISL) 3 - Abbotsford Mariners (FVSL) 2
Gorge FC (VISL) 1 - Peace Arch Utd (FVSL) 0
Naniamo Utd (VISL) 0 - Golden Ears Utd (FVSL) 1 (pks)

Not sure why on the FVSL website they have a few games as "L-L" but here are the results.

Next Round

Cowichan Vs Chilliwack
Bays Utd vs Gordonhead
Gorge Vs Langley
Poco vs GEU

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
not much to say about the GEU v Naniamo game. Pretty uneventful affair, another missed pk by GEU could have solved it in regular time, so we had to handle it in PK's. 7 straight goals for each team, and we won it 8-7.

Have to give it up to the Naniamo lads who were all class. Although the grass pitch wasnt the greatest, they had water and some food before the game, and a sack of beer waiting for us after the match as well. The way it should be.

Onto Poco, again, I guess.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gordonhead and Poco both looked really good

Gordonhead was the most impressive of the teams I caught but I only saw the last 20 mins of the Poco game and the first 30 of the ACBC game. To be fair to Poco the game was already over and they subbed a few players. Also Moody played a good game but I think with a better keeper they might have fared better and the bitching at one another when GH took a 4-2 lead didn't help.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
looking on the visl website and gorge won 1 zip; bays 3-2....the rest won by fvl teams altho they don't have the final games at town centre posted as of yet....not surprised with the gorge game, would assume they played 2 string lineup what with the nationals looming on the horizon
And we all know where assuming something gets you...

It was their full line up, minus 1 or 2 as it was ours minus 1 or 2. We also lost 3 players it injury before the 50 minute mark. Tough road trip. Gorge is a really good side and if not for some great goal keeping from Gyrish it could have been 3 or 4 in the first half for them as we worked off our sea legs. We were much more active in the second creating a lot of our own opportunities inside the box, but our lack of finished did us in ultimately. We gave them a game I feel, but just couldn't get one to go in.

They're a terrific bunch of guys too. Awesome hosts in the club house and then going out with us to Darcy's.

Has anyone heard form Chilliwack yet? They were hitting it hard at the wicket and and looking pretty green on the ferry home. :)

We had a great trip... I think.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: wake up, you're missing the boat

No chance! The same problem remains in VMSL LaLa land. They are too big for their boots. That league is constantly losing the shite facilities that they have and the population growth continues to be in the Valley. Not to mention they are in a leadership mess. It's been slowly declining for 5 years. The FVSL is doing the right things from an organizational point. The quality is getting better and the players are staying home to play. 5 years from now, the VMSL will be begging to be part of what the VISL and FVSL are trying to accomplish.

Just my humble opinion.

hey guinness when was the last time in open a fraser valley team won the prov. cup?
give ur fcuking heed a shake ,the fraser valley only pulls players who dont want to travel ,dont like to train or that are almost at theit career end,as for you running up to mr azzi a couple of years back,keep ur trap shut & just play,that guy has forgotten more about the game than u will ever know TWAT( u pined it all the time for surrey u)
too big for for their boots
your the guy who is 5 foot wearing a 6 foot suit
1/2 pint forever:rolleyes:

asid:rolleyes:

ps : after watching pocoboni team
good luck to every else,youll need all the luck you can buy!
i saw composure,skill with unbelieveable tallent...............
& these guys rock & roll at the after party too

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0