Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Over 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Aves, we were two men down for half of the second half when Marini cramped up. Not that it really matters.

Well done up front Aves. Your back held up thanks to some Advil. I hope you waited the proper amount of time before consuming alcohol.

Ballbabyisalwaysconcernedabouthisteammates.:rolleyes:

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time

Ballbaby what is the right amount of time to wait to drink the wobbly pop's.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Where did you go skiing?
Highlander (there appears to be more than one)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlander,

Mixing alcohol and Advil (ibuprofen) which is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug is not good for the digestive tract, especially the stomach. I generally go by the 4 hour rule since that is when the medication needs to be replenished in the body if needed.

Much more dangerous is mixing Tylenol (acetaminophen) with alcohol. This can cause serious liver damage as well as other things. I can't overstate this.

To prevent any liability issues, I recommend that anyone who has concerns checks with their physician cuz I ain't one.

I was skiing at Big White last weekend. I guide on weekends sometimes for a Ski Tour company that Regs has actually done some computer work for. I will not mention the name of the company because I fear the repercussions from young Robin.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WCOTL Update

Well, since my last post, we beat an undermanned (at least I hope for their sake they were) Sundowners team 5-1 (I think) in an exhibition and then took Inter 3-2 in first round League Cup action. There were some funny results from the opening round of the Cup which is a competition between the Premier and First Divisions, this is who's left:

League Cup - Round 2
SFU Clan Alumni vs PCOV
Covercrete vs Westside Miloni
Paddlewheeler vs Lobbans
Dartmen vs PoCo Celtic/Coquitlam Ajax

You may notice (then again, I don't know if anyone cares judging by the lack of WCOTL posts in these hallowed pages) the lack of such notables as Firemen, Columbus and, not really all that suprising, Total Marine Celtic (Craigo's team...Stew plays in our league somewhere but doesn't seem to post much about it).

The Premier League standings are as follows:

Team GP Pts
Columbus 12 29
Westside Miloni 12 20
SFU Clan Alumni 10 19
Firefighters 9 17* (-1 for default)
Total Marine Celtic 12 16
Club Inter 13 13
Lobbans 11 5
Burnaby Firefighters 11 0* (-1 for default, -5 for ineligible player)

We (Westside) hope to finish 3rd or 4th this year, finishing strong by beating Columbus and Firemen (both away) to end the regular season, then winning the League Cup, then carrying our ways into the O-30 BC's winning the trophy in the last year of the competition and keeping it. Hopefully SU's injury woes and lack of commitment from certain players will continue for a few more months.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch!

Peter, I believe a certain aspect of your comment may have been directed at me. Nice one!:cool:

Ballbabyisrecommitedandbackontrack

p.s. rumour has it that we will be playing in the O'30's cup again instead of the O'35's. Something about a missed deadline or something. I am not sure but will find out soon.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparky Shines for Old Timers

Sparky, alias Mark Hughes, aged 38 years young, played 90 minutes at centre mid for Blackburn at last weekends League Cup Final.
So take heart you cranky old bastards, down another Advil and we'll see you on the fields of battle this weekend

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS to 5bts

Played much lately?
If you want some agro you'd better bring help, perhaps that pimply bonerack rabbit puffta.
See you behind the Tim Hortons skippy!
Think I'll warm up by rag dollin' HighLander, or is it Bystander!:eek:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BullyB, BullyB, BullyB,

Feeling a wee bit lonely? Looking for friends? Wanting to play for a real team? No body on the Golden Oldies likes to sit and talk about Blackburn (we are going down to div 1) Rovers. No interac out there in the soccer hinterlands? Or worst no beer cooler?

Poor BullyB you misguided little fellow, wake up lad, the Olys will not win another game this year. Don't take it out on us over 30 TTP'ers. It won't be long before Allan M sticks you out on the wing and Mr Cross takes the middle...Then I guess it off to PoCo with ya.... ;)

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that a challenge?

I beg to differ 5bts but me thinks we'll win again.
HOPEFULLY to those whiners at SFC, eventhough
the Bakers are havin' a bash the night before.
True enough, moral is low in Olyville but it'll be a
cold day in hell before I play another game on the
wing.
Apologies to natural wingers, some folks only like central positions.

bullybwhojustlovesachallenge

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over 35's

Geezers,

I understand your league is Over 30's? Is your league going to an Over 35 age limit to be in line with BC Provincials and or the Nationals? Or are you slowly raising the age year by year? What's the plan?

Or are you just getting old and not realizing it?;)

Thanks

hedKandi

aNSCLplayer

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BullyB,

Challenge? I believe your comment was;

If you want some agro you'd better bring help, perhaps that pimply bonerack rabbit puffta.

and you Olys will not win again, just a fact. Do the Bakers' have interac and socks to steal?

5btwhothinksBullyBwillenduponthewing:D hisnaturalposition

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
O-30'/O-35's

Hekandi,

I think the FVSL is already O-35 or, if they're not, they soon will be as they have been moving the age limit up a year for a while now.

The WCOTL is finally taking the plunge starting next year when it will be an O-31 league. Next year in our league if you sign someone between 31 and 35 years old they can play in league games but not the BC's.

I'm pretty sure this is the last year of the O-30 BC Championship and from next year on there will be only O-35 for the BC's which are supposed to lead to some Nationals but from what I've heard they (the O-35 nationals) have been a bit of a joke to date.

Two years ago they were trying to get another team in the tourney to make it 4 so they could have some semblance of a competition...the Firemen from our league ended up going in it and winning even though they didn't qualify and the tourney consisted of 2 teams from BC and one each from Alberta and Saskatchewan, not much of a Canadian Championship. This might be changing and I don't know how it went last year.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Su 1 Firemen 1

We'll take the result to keep the streak going. Big man redirected a Howse squib to tie it up in the last 15. We might as well have played without a ref because he was certainly amiss...bad both ways...and everyone knows it's not like me to question the refs:rolleyes: I actually felt bad for the guy because he had no clue.
As expected , it was a physical game. It was open season in the first 10-15 min as the ref tried his best to show everyone there was no benchmark for bangin'.
Funny how some things never change ...the Firemen played the long deep ball whenever they could - and it worked when a flick on caught us flat and Shuey managed to squeek through for a breakaway. I was sweeping up and somewhat anticipating his run, but when the flick went to him we battled for about 10 yards and then I fell as I lunged with a desparate toe because he had a step on me...which I can usually make up for in over 35's.
The Firemen were good in the back and pretty good up front but I think we controlled the ball more and definitely generated more pressure/chances ( although Bonato made a key save when they were up 1-0.)
It was a battle and I laughed after the game about how over 35's is supposed to be a bit more casual... But I guess as long as we can all work in the morning there's no real harm done.

jordy

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sundowners 6 ols 0

not to much to be said about this game it was over before it started. Olys showed up with 9 men. My hat goes out to the olys for making a game of it I just believe that we wore them down
It was good to see that our guys didn't let up and can now build
a bit of momentum into the challenge cup and hopefully the B.C.s

ballbaby, thought I saw murray's name on the suspended list
whats up with that.besides it was probably better to have aves
up front hes the only one scoring goals for you guys.

Aves , its the only way the firemen know how to play.Don't count them out, of reaching the final of the challenge cup.

JORDY OUT

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves, good summation of our game with Firemen. I must say that I do love games like this but a referee has to be in full control or it can get ugly. Kudos to both teams as we realized where things were going and we decided to lighten up a touch. :rolleyes:

Jordy, you are right. Firemen could make it to the final if they end up on the other side of the draw. I bet we will see both Firemen teams on the same side. That would be a hell of a spectacle.

I used to hate shin pads but I'm kinda liking them now.:)

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bully bleed

When will it stop?
Highlander(there can only be one)or is it ragdoll i think not!
I must say a hello to mrs house I know you are reading this;)

P.S Bully where you even there?:D

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stevie Watts Superstar

So glad you posted Bystander, how long did you play, 15-20mins
perhaps....good contribution!
Thanks for the Kudos Jordi.
Yes the Olys showed with 10, 3 of which shouldn't have played, but BullyB left the park with a positive spin on the afternoon. Down 6-0 and thourghly taking the piss out of a team that does nothing but bitch and whine at each other. No wonder AC moved.
The Olys could have scored on a number of occasions if it weren't for some outstanding goaltending in the first half. Stevie Watts played his heart out and put on a show for the young lads warming up for the next game
So sure you won Bystander but give your head a shake lad, against 7 fit bodies you were shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That offside rule is a little hard to grasp isn't it:confused: :confused: :confused:

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boring

Bully Bleed:I was bored of playing against three players ,goal
keeper and the two lads up front ,very crafty but didn't have much support from the rest of the players i guess you where one of the them .although there was one guy with pace on the wing
but he kinda fizzled .:( o ya cheer up it's only a game and give peace arch back there socks?
Highlander( there can only be one)
p.s get a new watch it doesnt tell time well:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0