Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Over 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck to all the TTPer's playing soccer tomorrow. Sounds like it might be a rather blustery day. I'll be the "old piece of crap" at the PA vs Langley FC game drinking special coffee :D feeling sorry for myself.

5btwaitingforsummertostart:(

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Result from Feb 17

Peace Arch United 3 Langley FC 1
Golden Olys 1 Surrey United 2
Delta Metro United 3 Surrey FC Sundowners 2
Surrey City Firemen 1 Mission Celtics 1
Sapperton Old Boys 0 Poco City FC 1
Mt. Lehman Storm 2 Academico Alumni 2
GEU Old Haney 1 IFC 3

I can hardly wait to hear from Ballbaby, Highlander, jordy, BullyB. There are some interesting results from this weekend.

As for our game, Langley was game in the first half and were one up at the half. PA was trying to get their soccer legs back and Langley took advantage of a poorly played first half.

PA came alive in the second half, all the play was in the Langley half as they played a defensive style, which was their undoing. Three goals put PA in front for good and Langley ran out of gas.

The ref was awful, he sent a Langley player off in the first 20 minutes. He missed at least two clear fouls in the box. He was not prepared for the level of play and clearly he thought, as many of the refs in over thirty do, it was an easy forty bucks.

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it all worth the HASSLE(god complex)

So many times i have come on here to complain about the Ref.
Well today takes the cake .
If that is how the ref wants to ref this so called competitive over 30 league this man has a screw loose ,in the first half Delta called the ref everything under the son and questioned his calls .
When I ask the ref to get a card out for a sliding tackle that caught our player in the knee area which was also from behind, he stopped the game and called me over to tell me that ,if i didnt like the challeges to go stand in the parking lot.
What sort of mentality does a person like this have ,if I go stand in the parking lot does it make it okay to commit a foul that could seriously end someones recreation?

One of the ref other comment's was are you questioning my integrity.
Defintion(state of being entire;an unimpaired state;honesty;probity.
If the ref's want to be treated with respect ,show some to the players without us they wouldnt be refs.
:confused:

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU 2 vs OLYS 1

Notable moments from the match:

No Ballbaby

The Olys knocked the ball around pretty well at times but didn't get many scoring chances...Bonato had to make one save off a header...1st half saw the Olys getting to most of the loose balls.

Olys defender literally reached up and grabbed a ball to prevent a Howes breakaway - but no card ( it's only over 30's I guess.)

Howes made a great run down the left side to help set up the first goal ...but did not get a point ( Bey from Connor and Carmichael)

Howes also delivered the hit of the match and the unfortunate Oly was slow to get up.

Ron Ritchie ran miles again in midfield...and I finally managed to toe one in on a rebound to make it 2-0 ( great finish from the 2 yard line)

OLys defender played well - Peter? I think...Olys scored on free kick - redirected- after I gave up a needless foul at the edge of the box.

SU is still having difficulty filling the net - despite generating numerous chances...it could have something to do with a bunch of centerbacks playing up front / and no Ferraro(knee)

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The weakly news.

SU 2... Olys(A far better lookin' bunch o' lads) 1.
Yes its true that SU are an excellent team and I dare say the best around for the last couple of years but the Olys did control much of the play in the second half and were unlucky not to get a point.
If yours truly could finish from 2yds out things could be different.
Three scrappy goals, all scored in the 6 yard box.

As for red carded Muz, anyone would have him on their team, but sometimes the lad just loses complete control of his senses. I didn't think the red card challenge was that bad but Aves so called Hit Of The Match was fcukin' diabolical.

Kelly B. and I mixed it up quite well and on one occasion put in a mighty tackle to stop me from shooting. While I picked myself up he inquired if I was Ok.......true sportsman.:cool:

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rabbits at it again.

Rabbit, You just love to stare the pot don't ya.
Why don't u and that git brother of yours
just shag-off 'cus I've got the soccer soul
& I ain't givin' it back till I've scoffed at least
a doz more bevies and a new pair o'socks
From the PA treasure chest...
ps...Don't do it mate. Run away as fast as u can.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
soccer soul

Hey BullyB!

Once your nice and warm with all those free PA beers in you gut, I'll meet you around the back of your local safeway and kick the shite out of you.

to quote the "Peoples Champion":

I'm gonna shine those socks up for you,
turn'm sideways and
shove them up your candy-ass!

SillyRabbitsky,

Does shite stick to your fur?

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 games ago vs Langley

The unbeaten season was put to the test as the boys found themselves down by 2 in the first half. Manager Glenn Ferraro's call to move Avery up front was either an effort to stop the bleeding or to provide the team with the traditional post up offence a la Boston Celtics. There was some bangin' going on ( he who dishes it out must take it) as the other team made most noticeable to the ref's ear. The resounding thought that lingered was .."OK ..we're going to come back..right??" The confidence and poise paid off as the boys stormed back to win 4-2 on goals by Big man, Hedge, Reedy, and Howse...The quote of the day had to be Ballbaby's response to the guy who played 5 minutes and took exception to a last minute payback on one of his teammates. When the (over 35) player said "I've got your number for next time," Ballbaby replied ,"Ya okay, we'll see you next year." Little did the unsuspecting Greek realize that we are scheduled to play them this weekend in the cup...'til next time...:cool:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The quote of the day had to be Ballbaby's response to the guy who played 5 minutes and took exception to a last minute payback on one of his teammates. When the (over 35) player said "I've got your number for next time," Ballbaby replied ,"Ya okay, we'll see you next year." Little did the unsuspecting Greek realize that we are scheduled to play them this weekend in the cup...'til next time...

I think I can handle him for another "five minutes".

How's everybody doing? Been busy skiing again but I think I'm done for a while. Back to soccer. Yeehaa!

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
silly rabbit

Rabbit,rab'it, n A burrowing rodent allied to to the hare.

If you could read i had to go stand in the parking lot because i
could'nt stand the butchery.
So how can i tell you about the game?

Highlander(there can only be one)

Craigo : I talked with your Dad yesterday he wants to go to this site send him the url

Ballbaby where did you go skiing?

Where is waldo? i mean JORDY

5bigtoes how is the knee?good luck tomorrow!

jordy

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby,

quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" I think I can handle him for another five minutes"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you greeks are all the same.

Jordy out!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jordy,

5 minutes is 300 seconds. That is about as long as you have run in your entire career. I understand that your team needs to find another pitch because you, Jordy, have created another trench around the center circle. :p

You, my big heeded friend, are a hazard! I dread our upcoming match. I will most certainly need a tape job to combat the trench!

jordy

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ballbaby my greek hairy friend ,

I just hope it doesn't rain because trench will fill up with water
and you might clog the drain.
Besides do you think you might play us next time or will you not be able to field a team.

jordy

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry I forgot the "the" in my sentence please forgive me .
Mrs jordy pointed it out so that she wouldn't be slagged by Ballbaby.

jordy out

P.S. Canada rules!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Jordy, my big heeded friend who should have a permanent shunt, we lost two guys today to injury and one is currently undergoing surgery as I write this post. Torn achilles and I heard it snap on the field. Yuk!

We'll field a team, I am sure. Actually, I just realized that I am working Wednesday night and will have to try to get a partial stand-in. Thanks Jordy for your reminder. You are a real pal!

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby's return

CUP...SU 2 vs Langley 0

SU is taking a licking and continuing to tick. The rematch vs. Langley was not a pretty affair but a win nevertheless. We started the day with 11 1/2 fit(?) bodies and ended up a man down for a good part of the 2nd half due to injuries. Big man slotted one under the bar from Beyman and a good run from Spear; and Ballbaby finished a nice one timer-angled shot to make it 2-0. Langley lead the game in hits although most were of the up the arse from behind variety...frustration I guess. Paul Dolan was doing his best striker/midfielder impersonation and managed to threaten a bit until his shots missed the mark(they would have been quality goal kicks.) Langley were rolling the lines and we had to sponge it up in the 2nd half but our back line held up well( Reedy, Wyatt, Hughes, Ballbaby.) We're definitely hurting a bit right now and it will be interesting to see how we come out of it all..the league isn't much of an issue anymore I don't think, but the cup should be a good battle.

p.s. re: ballbaby and the payback for the payback...nada...after all , it's only over 35's right?

p.s.s Iginla was awesome:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0