Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Noo Choons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2003 classics.........

With only six days gone in 2003 it must be said that things are looking good music-wise for the year ahead. Big fcuking Top Choons 'props' (gee) to the following instant classics.........

Koop - Waltz For Koop (Bacon & Quarmby Remix)
Bent - So Long Without You ************* The Bent boys come back with a new album for February and this little gem that's the best country/dance hybrid since The Beautiful South almost merged dance with Northern-soul/country with 'Everybody's Talkin' Fcuking unbelievable. This one's for Jinky when he can find it. Everybody should get Bent. www.bent-world.com
Ralph Myerz & The Jack Herren Band - Nikita: the best James Bond theme song that never was a James Bond theme song. Startling good with big fcuk-off drums. This one's for Sensei.
Martin Grech - Open Heart Zoo: so fcuked up and almost out of tune it's genius.

Kazaa that lot. Awesome.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Philistines...........

Jinks,

As per our conversation of yesterday morning/your nighttime, the new Bent EP 'Go Kommando' has been acquired and, as fcuking usual, they have outdone what any mere mortal can accomplish given the same technology and a garden shed full of old records. Even Ashley Beadle has outdone himself with a remix of 'Always' that swings more impressivley than Ballbaby's wardrobe. Ashley Beadle mixes are usually naff as he's a bent as a butcher's hook but, somehow, he works for, um, Bent. It's very early-nineties.

And that's a good thing.

March 7th at Fabric Bent with a DJ set. You know you have to be there.

I'll even buy you a pint.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fistshawl....

Ladytron are here in February.

I've got tickets.

One's got your name on it if you make it here in time.

I've got the warm gin shots lined up already.

-Sensei.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you two...

dating :eek: not that there's anything wrong with that ;)

+SCwantstoknowtheothersideoffasty:p

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ladytron ...

Sensei,

Where and precisely where is the Laytron show?

Willy McThatWasTheWayWasTheWayThatIFoundYou

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notting Hill Posse

Sandy Rivera feat. Haze - Changes (Ben Watt Mix)

Consider this my good deed for the year.

Buckfast

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dating.........

SC, Sensei, like everyone else on TTP, is very much in love with me for reasons too obvious to mention. It's the reason I found it necesary to move to the UK. Apparently it's not safe to come 'home' yet. If you want to know this so-called 'other side' of me you'll have to queue up in an orderly fashion with the rest of the frenzied hordes. That was 'hordes', by the way, before you take any offense.

Sensei, some members of Ladytron live in London. As such, they play there relatively often. London isn't far from where I live :rolleyes:so, based on that logic, please find someone else with whom to go. Willy comes to mind but, then again, Willy is probably always on your mind. So to speak.

In terms of pedantry (my only vice), what you meant to say was Ladytron 'is' here in February. I feel let down by your glaring grammatical aberration; did my careful tutelage teach you nothing? :rolleyes: Tonight I will mostly be going to see The Roots. You know all about them but surely the fact the uninimitable Chuck D has decided The Roots is the only hippity-hoppity collective to take on Public Enemy's mislaid crown as purveyors of thought-provoking music with useful drums thrown in is reason enough to attend anything on a Monday night.

Buckfast, there is life beyond Ben Watt. I haven't found it either but I'm promised there is. Next time he plays The End with his Lazy Dog chum you should take it upon yourself to come over. It's that good there. Notting Hill Arts Club be fcuked.

First Joe Strummer now Maurice Gibb. Who's next? Hopefully Celine Dion.

'Danger! High Voltage!' by The Electric Six. Madder than a bath full of ring-tailed lemurs and made better by the line, "Fire in the disco! Fire in the Taco Bell!" which, one can only imagine, is the singer fantasising wistfully about the timely demise of The Roxy and all who sail in her. Riotously pointless.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ageing yank band in 'rather good' shocker.......

'Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots' by coffin dodgers The Flaming Lips is as good as anything you'll ever find out of the USofA.

It's almost good enough to have been done by a British band. Jinky and Wullie take note, you two should like this one. And if you don't please feel free to write a five paragraphed response as to why you don't at which point I'll tell you that I don't really like it all that much anyway. Go on, I can take it.........

:rolleyes:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
here we go...........

Steady on, old chap. It should be glaringly obvious, even to you, that Wullie is incapable of fighting his own battles given his well-known idiocy. You'll have to get someone else to stand up for the American music industry. :rolleyes:

Plus, you're off topic.

Until you get slippers, a pipe and a snifter of brandy of your own don't even presume to lecture me on elitism. I'm an intellectual, you know.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While we're at it ...

Seeing as you have taken an unexpected and uncharacteristic liking to The Flaming Lips' latest offering, one which I've been enjoying from my PC for sometime now by the way, you might also take note of the latest (as far as I know) from Mercury Rev entitled "All Is Dream". Similar to "Yoshimi" in its mood and production, but a good listen in its own right. Tracks "Night and Fog" and "Chains" might be a good start. Fastshow, if you havent already garnered this one, you'll have to have your international downloading agents rapidly take to the task. It'll be more than worth it.

William

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
useless..........

For fcuk's sake, Wullie, I suggested Mercury Rev last year. And if you don't believe me you can get it right up you because, sadly, I've looked
02-02-2002 10:43 AM
just to ensure I wasn't losing what passes for my mind.

Thanks for suggesting The Flaming Lips to me when you first discovered it. You're great. I wish you would post more on this thread as, if nothing else, I enjoy reading keeper try to perform acts of literary fellacio on you.

Get 'Pray' by Syntax. It's what undermars would have sounded like had you not been so rubbish and had you enlisted the help of subClassic.

A thousand apologies if you've already fcuking heard it. fight your own musical fights, asshole. Yoda was right about you.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For Sensei with love.......

'Time for Heroes' by The Libertines is the song from the dream dreamt by the Long and McQuade guitar tech that he can never remember to write once woken up by his drug-dealing flatmate ten minutes after his shift peddling guitar picks was to start.

In the words of one reviewer;
It’s the sound of fat, inner city mums with corned beef arms screeching from council flat windows at teatime.

And that's a good thing.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
judge for yourself...

Fastshow,
Thanks for picks. I especially liked Bent, (I will marry Zoe Johnston one day.) Ralph Myerz and Koop.

Here'e some from my latest...
100th window - Massive Attack
nothing is real - Radar
metro area - Metro Area
blue monday - Flunk (w/ a cover of New Order's top 12")
dirty dancing - Swayzak
remixes - Victor Davies
alright on top - Luke Slater

take it from me, the above will be as refreshing as Zoe Johnston's voice.
Royksopp, Commodore, March 9 - Sweet! Look forward to that.

enjoy listening.
BTW, Fastshow I'm still around and congarts to you in buying the latest Hed Kandi offering.(your first buy since when??) A mere snippet at £15 which equates to whopping $42.75 Canadian:mad: Import prices are killing my bank balance! Even at A&B with their white tag sales, Import CD's are still costly.(they are the only ones to buy, too. That's another subject!) And not forgetting the 'crick' in your neck you get from tilting your head sideways for hours. Its all becoming too much.
"I will diminish and go into the West, and remain..."
hedKandi

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
evidence.......

HK,

thanks for popping in. Do come again. I've been unable to find photographic evidence of Zoe Johnston but am loath to ruin my mental image of her anyway. I did, however, find the following which may interest you and Jinky alike. I can't speak for the rest of 'em as few ever fcuking post in here. The cowards.

http://www.neonheights.com/int_1.html

And Jinks, yes I'd love a CD of this, thanks.

I heard the new Massive Attack with Sinead O'Connor last night and it left me underwhelmed, I'm afraid. It's no Unfinished Sympathy. Then again, I'm not half the footballer I was ten years ago so fair dues to them, I suppose. Then again again, I fear comparing myself in football terms against Unfinished Sympathy is verging on utter madness with a fair helping of delusion.

Swayzak, as well, has never done anything for me apart from lining my pockets with dollars. The only time they ever played Vancouver (Sonar) their Akai S950 broke down and we were only too happy to help out fellow 'artists' in need. Bilked the fcukers for $500, didn't we? Mercenary.

Bent DJ set, March 7th at Fabric. Stick that in your hat my fine fellow. Bent: the best thing from Nottingham since Boots the Chemist and Maid Marion.

The Blue Monday sounds useful. Not a fat lot you can do to ruin that song. As for the rest of it I'll start pestering Handcannon in earnest. He's a mendacious cnut to be sure.

I suggest to you 'honestly' by Zwan and 'We Don't Care' by the Audio Bullys. Or even 'Seen the Light' by Supergrass.

One things certain; you'll either like them or you won't.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I'm turning Norwegian

Phew! 2 posts in 2 days.

Well way after A-ha we have Royksopp, Flunk and Spellemannprisen winner Sondre Lerche - 'faces down'
Sounds like a mix between John lennon and Johnathon Richman:eek: How can that be? Don't take my word for it, go and get it fer yerself.
Well I can't stop listening to it, especially as I was in Zulu to catch the latter in a in-store performance before his show tonight. Sublime and eccentric.

Ice Cream Man
hedKandi

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zed J

Zoe, the voice behind my faves over the past few years.
Did I say one day she will be my wife? Well, with words like this, it may be so...
"My heart for now is a private road, no thoroughfare..."
'Private Road' - Programmed to Love by Bent -
hedKandi.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shoc-king. I hope it's dark where you live.

I downloaded Koop - Waltz For Koop (Bacon & Quarmby Remix) as per Fastshow. Not impressed. I'm working on the others now. They can only get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0