Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Noo Choons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper

Thanks for the link........that's great stuff. The actual music video is on regular rotation on MuchMusic.....

Sandman

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
blast from Sensei's past......

'Lifelines' by A-Ha is a top piece of Adult Contemporary that should manage to quell Sensei's recent petulant outburst to a bone fide footballing legend. The cheek.

Great harmonies. That, surely, is what it's all about......

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
take on me

Very apropos that we allude to RealPlayer in a thread which involves downloaded choons and, inevitably, the internal electronic media outlet (or player) needed to hear such Eurodung. The wit never stops.

A-Ha probably would have gone away and died if it wasn't for the faithful pandering of 80s children like yourself (it is so time to flush your Devo cassettes, Ian). I blame the Mexicans for keeping Morissey alive. But I'm still looking for a culprit responsible for the longevity of the Manic Street Preachers.

Blame Wales,
-Sensei.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fault....

Mexico's been kind to Morrissey after he left his wallet in el Segundo. I'll have you know, however, that I never liked Devo, Michael.

I heard the new Coldplay album yesterday and it's genius from start to end. Even Jinky should give it a chance after his refusal to listen to 'In My Place' any more than 1,874 times in a day. Exquisite.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Crystal Method's remix of Rage Against the Machine's "Renegades of Funk"

This isn't all that new, but it's been re-released on TCM's new compliation, Community Service. Rage's version is good, but this version is . . . well . . . really, very, quite . . . um, bad. I've only decided to keep it on my hard drive because it completes the set.

On the other hand, P.O.D.'s "Boom" isn't all bad -- as far as inner-city techno-hip-hop goes.

Looking back, that Elvis remix is by JXL. You can find it without difficulty on your local thieving software.

That is all.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somebody's watching me....

That is only worn on the fourth Friday of every month at the Lotus.

Ckoc-ring not included.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
genius......

'Harder' by Kosheen.

Part of the soundtrack to summer 2002 for anyone's who's not a twat. A couple of you might like it. Well, two, to be precise.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
pants.........

Don't waste your bandwidth or dineros with the new David Gray offering, 'New Day at Midnight'. He's only managed to write two half decent songs this time out and that's only because two of them don't sound like Tracey 'Her with the Fast Car Who Won't Fcuk Off' Chapman.

Bunch of unimpressive folky arse.
:mad:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
d&b genius......

'Hungry' by Kosheen. Bypass the remixes and go straight for the version off one of the best albums of last year. Tell them Fastshow sent you.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's been a while...

Fastshow,
What's with the Orange M?

Kosheen is fan, dabby, dozy!

Jazzanova - "in between". If you don't have it, you should because it will make your life better. That is a fact.

What's with the packaging for the new Thievery Corporation?

I had quick listen of Groove Armada's new offering. Sounded good.

...and Brighton all the way home, Big Beach Boutique II.

also Playgroup's Trevor Jackson, DJ Kicks which features Harlequin Fours "set it off". Its worth it just for that. ;)

ssset it off

hedKandi

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
M

It's been too long. It gets lonely wandering the halls of this thread on my own.

The orange M is the award-winning design favoured by the Meralomas. I like to stick to my roots. :rolleyes:

Jwalk- A Night on the Rocks is a good listen though this lot are from Manchester (cool). There's another band called Jwalk out 'there' from Abbotsford who sing about how clever Jesus was and spend a great deal of effort bothering God with their 'music' (not cool).

I haven't seen the packaging for the new Thievery Corporation. Why don't you ask a few more rhetorical questions?

Big Boutique II can fcuk right off. Not because it's a bad CD but because the memories of that particular event, in my admittedly small and rather insignificant world, are those I'm rather keen to forget. Fcuking women.

I shall endeavour to find the Jazzanova (though their name inspires very little confidence and makes me reasonably angry) and Trevor Jackson though I can listen to Trevor Jackson anytime I like on Kiss 100. That's free.

All I can offer up today is that the new Sigur Ros is 'nice' in a lo-fi art-wank 'we're from Scandinavia somewhere and, therefore, we can get away with being fcuked up' way. Royksopp have just re-released the stouthearted classic 'Poor Leno' with new mixes. That and keep listening to Kosheen's 'Hungry' repeatedly with the windows open so as to annoy the neighbours as much as possible.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thievin...

If I'm not mistaken, which I rarely am, I believe hedkandi is referring to the big reg target symbol on the lush forest green background of the new Thievery Corporation sheedee. And I'm not sure why it looks like that either.

A few tracks for your listening pleasure. Some may be old. So fcuk off in advance.

Looper's "Mondo '77" has its moments, unfortunately the track has been pimped by the Vanilla Sky soundtrack, and for some reason doesn't appear on their self-titled debut.

DJ Shadow's latest effort, "Private Press" is brilliant throughout. No need to extoll the virtues of individual cuts, as this sonic landscape doesn't even require a skip-track button.

Beck's "Sea Change" is a big, slow step down from Midnight Vultures. He's gone from campy kitsch to morbid Bjork in a hurry. It's an interesting album, sounds as if he's been listening to Sigur Ros in between heavy doses of Bob Dylan and Badly Drawn Boy. Take that for what it's worth.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll have to give some of these suggestions a butcher's.

In the meantime, Fasty, the "Irishman taking the monkeys to the zoo" joke was top notch.

:knvb:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
something for everyone except CDK.........

www.ladytron.com

Download away. Their 2001 album, '604', is a classic and they're set to release their newest album 'Light and Magic' on the 4th Dec. For you lucky bastards with kazaa at your disposal try their new single '17' and go from there. You can thank me for this later.

Joy Division meets Kraftwerk in a dimly lit side alley bar in which Beck is pulling pints and the Beastie Boys have brazenly declared squatter's rights upstairs.

A pleasure.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
les choons des nouvelles

Roots w/Cody ChesnuTT - "Seed". This shite is tight, yo.
DJ Shadow - "Six Days". Inexplicably packaged with a dull remix featuring Mos Def. Cop the original.
Johnny Cash - "Hurt". The Man in Black seemingly croons his own obit courtesy of Trent Reznor. Not the most uplifting track ever produced. And the video is downright morbid.

Regards,
-Sensei.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sexy stuff.........

In deference to the dearly-departed HedKandi I broke down and bought the new Hed Kandi 'Winter Chill' compilation on the weekend during my, 'one for them, two for me,' Christmas shopping session that lasted 38 minutes. And cost £200.00.

Highlights of the 'tight, yo' (copyright Sensei Hanson, 2002) compilation include the sublimely sexual 'Jericho' by the woesomely underrated Weekend Players. Worth the £14.99 for this track alone. Or you could just download it off the 'net. Cnuts.

The biggest surprise comes from the fact that 'Winter Chill' also includes a rather good Moby track. Another oxymoron if ever there was one.

My Christmas gift to you is to print the tracklisting so you can just nip off to Kazaa and have the lot for nowt. Which I can't do. Cnuts. I've just saved you well over $30.00. Thank me later.

CD1
Slovo Whisper

Abraham Magpie (Album Mix)

Nova June Another Try (Album Mix)

Hard Kandy Standstill

Eric Kupper Missing

KimBlee Naturally (Spiritual Mix)

Ive Mendes Casticais (Single Mix)

Almadrava I'm Sorry (Album Mix)

Space Raiders Beautiful Crazy (Album Mix)

Poloroid Count On You (Album Mix)

Aim The Girl Who Fell Through The Ice (Full Album Mix)

Fingathing Haze (Album Mix)

Gare Du Nord Pablos Blues (Album Mix)

39 Vibes Sometimes Lonely

Moby Sunday (Album Mix)
CD2
Underworld Sola Sistem (Album Mix)

Shifter Don't Stop

Thievery Corp Heaven's Gonna Burn Your Eyes (Album Mix)

Projections Luminate (Album Mix)

Dzihan & Kamien Thrill

Frost Half Whole

Dahlia Pedro

Bonnie Bailey Can Hardly Wait (Kupper Chills Mix)

Weekend Players Jericho (Album Mix)

Paul Oakenfold Zoo York (Album Mix)

Julee Cruise The End Of The World

Jakatta Feelin' Blue

Fuel Do 4 Love (Emerald City Mix)

Bliss Kissing (Album Mix)

Chris Coco Sunday Morning (Album Mix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet