Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL in General.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linden/Kamensky

The differance being ...
the Canucks didnt trade for Linden to score where as Kamensky was acquired to score, something neither player has done for 5 years!!

As for the Panthers trade, it was a good trade for both teams, Ozolinish didnt fit in with the Canes style of play and Florida now has a dman to get the the whiner Bure brothers the puck when they are circling at center,

Giddy UP

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linden

Linden was born to be a Nuck. He brings an "A" game to the rink and he just damn well plays hockey wearing the Canucks logo.

He was quite everywhere else he has played and has turned up the dial since the trade back to Vancouverville.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kings retiring Gretzky's Number

I was just reading that the Kings are going to retire #99 at the beginning of next season. I think thats as silly as Colorado retiring Bourques number. Gretxky took the Kings to the cup once, but I think he will be remembered more as a Ranger than as a King.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quoi?

Here's some numbers for ya Hammer, think on this:

With LA:
Games: 557
Goals: 254
Assists: 685

1 Hart Trophy, 3 Art Ross', 3 Lady Byngs.
(0 Cups)

Had any other player in the league accomplished this it would be a no brainer.

You're just bitter 'cause you were a Calgary fan in the '80s:D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No brainer.

The league should retire his # not just the Kings. I'm sure the Canucks never want to see that # again! How many records did he break vs them?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Facts: Straight.

Wayne's number has been retired across the league, however, L.A. is doing a special tribute to him before the A.S. game. They might, as well, put up a banner simply because he played there -- i.e. it's just an excuse to add a banner to small collection. Since all of Wayne's former teams are doing it, this gives them the most public opportunity to do it.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I thought the #99 was retired throughout the league already.
I do agree with LA retiring his jersey. He was and always will be the BEST player to play the game of hockey. He brought fans to games and helped the Kings and the city of LA to know what hockeys all about

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Times & Events on CBC

Skills Competition
Fri, Feb. 1st
8:00 PM PT
repeats 6:30 AM PT Saturday

NHL All-Star Game
Sat, Feb. 2nd
from Los Angeles
11:30 PM PT

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Naslund's doing really well so far: tied for accuracy shooting title (4 for 6; with Iginla, of course) and was the only one able to score on a breakaway with Roy. I'd like to see him do well tomorrow and win a car: I'm sure he needs one.

The best Jovo-cop could do was 3rd overall in speed skating (1st of the North Americans). Missed on his breakaway v. Khabibulin.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Canada Report

Two words for ya: Paul Karyia!!!
Did anyone see the Anahiem v Philly highlights from last night??? Karyia has got to have the quickest release in hockey!!! bags a hat against (for my money) the Best team in the League... all three were sniper goals that we have all been waiting to see this guy do!!! It can only mean he is getting primed for playing with Burnaby Joe and Super Mario :D I can't wait to see these guys play;)

Guinnessislovingtheactionrightnow!!!:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cry Baby, Has his Gold Medal

Fleury has threatened to retire from hockey and the NY Rangers, if the refs in the league don't stop picking on him.

Wa wa wa, stop picking on me, I have a gold medal, and the refs in the Olympics let me run around like an idiot and not give me penalties.

Mabey he wants some time off from the NHL, so he can go on a bender to celebrate the gold.

Hey Theo, stop your whinning, no one cares if you retire from the NHL, you are just a whing-nut anyway.

By the way, the NHL does'nt do drug testing, so you can go on your bender.

HOShatestheNYRangers:eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Theo, stop your whinning, no one cares if you retire from the NHL, you are just a whing-nut anyway.
I would care! The wing-nut keeps getting me big points in the TTP Hockey pool (unfortunately not enough though to pass Captain Shitpicks in the standings :rolleyes: )

~TB.

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fleury

The only thing Fleury is happy about, is his gold medal cause its a new place for him to do lines a crack!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Line of Crack

The only line of crack that I have heard of, is on your back side.

Mabey the Oilers of the 80's were into lines of crack with good old Mess:eek:

HOSnotthatthereisanythingwrongwiththat

Oil what are you smoking on your gold medal:confused:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Room for Jokes

If you want to be a Joke Maker, you can go somewhere else.

This is very serious stuff we are talking about on here.

HOSprochoiceforJOKES:eek:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

Leave Oilers27 alone. He's only eleven and posts during recess. He's very young, and he doesn't know any better. Give the kid a break.

Oil, here's a dollar. Why don't you head on up to the store, and buy yourself some candy.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0