Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL in General.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
take it to General CHIT CHAT fellows

Is anyone monitoring this:rolleyes: :confused:

+Scwantstoknowifanyoneismonitoringthis:(

-I'll take that dollar Throbby, for parking down town, it may get me 9 1/2 minutes:mad:

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therob

hahah yeah im only 11 thats a great come back grandpa

I like fleury but he is becoming a paranoid headcase that is more of a detriment than an asset to his team ! So lighten up and get back to work where you belong !! only we kids should be on at this time a day so BUCK UP!!!

pow now bobs your uncle :p :p :p

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC, I think therob is monitroing the situation in here but I'll double check once the school bus drops him off at home.:rolleyes:

BREAKING NEWS : MARIO LEMIEUX IS OUT FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON WITH HIP INJURY. MORE DETAILS AT A LATER TIME

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSN STORY

Feb 28) Mario Lemeiux has been advised by team physicians to undergo a period of rest and rehabilitation for his chronic hip problem, it was announced today by Penguins General Manager Craig Patrick. Lemieux is expected to miss the rest of the season) Mario Lemeiux has been advised by team physicians to undergo a period of rest and rehabilitation for his chronic hip problem, it was announced today by Penguins General Manager Craig Patrick. Lemieux is expected to miss the rest of the season.

Recent tests and evaluations have revealed a chronic tendinitis of the ilio-psoas muscle, a major hip flexor muscle, as well as inflammation of the hip capsule. The doctors have advised Lemieux that continuing to play this season could lead to further damage.

"While I am very disappointed that I can't be in the lineup, I am satisfied that we have identified the problem with my hip," said Lemieux, who has been bothered by hip problems since training camp in September. "The doctors have told me that this period of rest and rehabilitation is necessary so that I can make a full recovery and get back in the lineup next season."

The 36-year-old Lemieux played 24 games for the Penguins this season, recording six goals and 25 assists for 31 points. He underwent surgery to repair torn cartilage in his hip in October.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He is a fcuking bum. BTW, he has not scored many points anyway. Now look at Messier. He is out for the season. There goes my hopes. :rolleyes:

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bure to Dallas

Rumors before the deadline has Pavel Bure going to the Stars for Lagenbrunner(sp),Morrow and a Fisrt rounder.Can you imagine Modano and Bure on the same line?Would this be the end of our beloved Nucks playoff chances if this happened?

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy, along those lines....

The price of Pavel
by Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated

Florida's Pavel Bure might be on the trading block, but the fact remains that only a handful of teams are able to handle his $10 million annual salary.

Among them are the Dallas Stars, the focus of preliminary talks last week that didn't go far because the Panthers wanted young forwards Brenden Morrow and Jamie Langenbrunner and a first-round draft pick.

But don't rule out Dallas yet. Stars owner Tom Hicks is besotted by big names. His love affair with the splashy gesture is why he overpaid for shortstop Alex Rodriguez when his Texas Rangers needed pitching and why he had his heart set on free agent Jeremy Roenick for Dallas last summer.

Bure is not an obvious fit for the defense-oriented Stars, but he's a perfect match for a Hicks sports property.

I still think hes a bum
:rolleyes:

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sportsnet.com

Barrasso traded to Leafs

With Curtis Joseph still out, the Maple Leafs made a move to give them some insurance in goal.

(posted Mar. 15, 11:38AM EST)
TORONTO -- The Toronto Maple Leafs have bolstered their goaltending for the stretch run.

The Leafs have confirmed the acquisition of veteran Tom Barrasso from the Carolina Hurricanes for a fourth-round draft pick.

Corey Schwab is the Leafs' current starter while Curtis Joseph recovers from a hand injury.
©

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barasso is a bum

Schwab has been doing a good job in backstopping the leafs to stay ahead of the Bruins and now they bring in a guy that should of stayed retired,I'm sure Joseph will be back before the playoffs so why this move:confused:

As for the Rangers who are trying to land Bure,they could of had him from the Nucks if they would of given away the much heralded Malholtra.Cloutier and I think Sundstrum were also part of that deal but now they've traded him(Malholtra) to the Stars for absolutely nothing.Sather is crying about his salary but the boys at Madison have a ton of cash so whats the big deal.Bure would shine in the Big Apple.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy

I think its a move by Pat Quinn to insure themselves a quality back till Joseph gets back. Right now thier back up is some kid from the minors. They are in a playoff race with the Bruins and if Schwab goes down with an injury they can kiss the playoffs good-bye. Its a good move by Quinn, they get a good experienced goalie and give up a 4th rounder

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backup

Ref Beater

Do you actually think they're bringing in that fossil to be the backup to Schwab?Now with this added pressure Schwab will probably falter this paving the way for Barasso to become their starter.Obviously the Mighty Canes felt he wasn't even backup quality for their playoff run,the Mighty latvian still reigns supreme in Carolina :D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holiday

what about this??

getting rid of Barrasso allows them to pick up Kidd off of waivers.
Kidd and the Latvian sensation have some good chemistry...

Huh..huh....you like?

Zaurrini

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bure a Ranger

Bure to the Rangers for Ulanov,Novak a 1st round,4th round and a swap for a 2nd round.Hopefully his flight from Florida gets delayed so he doesnt have to play against the Nucks,you know he will wanna light it up for the fans.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bure

As long as he stays out of the Western Conference, any move is fine by me. The rumours that Dallas were fixing to get him were worrisome...could have put a nail in the Canucks coffin if it went through.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From TSN

Bure dealt to Rangers
(Mar 18) As first reported on TSN, the Florida Panthers have dealt Pavel Bure to the New York Rangers in exchange for Filip Novak, Igor Ulanov, a first round pick in 2002, a fourth round pick in 2003 and a switch of second round picks in 2003.

Bure, 30, is a five-time 50-goal scorer in his career, but has struggled this year with Florida. He has 22 goals in 55 during this years campaign.

The right-winger is under contract for the next two years at $10 million US a season.

The Russian Rocket is no stranger to big trades. In 1999 he was dealt from Vancouver along with Bret Hedican and Brad Ference and a conditional 3rd round selection to the Florida Panthers for Dave Gagner, Ed Jovanovski, Mike Brown, Kevin Weekes and a conditional 1st round selection.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk Bure

Jovo is gonna cush him tonight,the Panthers got shite for him,I know they wanted to unload his contract but Ulanov and Novak,what a shame:rolleyes:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of more trades just in.........

Oates to Philly for a 1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks and a goalie!

Kasperitas to Colorado for Ville Nimmanen and I think Vrata! A lot of youth for Colorado to give up, and decent players too!

John

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adam Oates for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick. What a steal for the Caps. Ya Adam Oates is a great centermen (propably 1 of the best) but he's old. Philly must be desperate to give up 3 picks and a goalie for him.
John it was Nieminen and Rick Berry for Kasparaitis.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poti and Murray to the Rangers for Mike York. Just completed.

That's minor news compared to this - the big deal everybody has been hanging on.....Darcy Hordichuck and a 5th round pick go to Phoenix in exchange for Kirill Safronov and Ruslan Zainullin, who head to Atlanta. That's a fcuking blockbuster. Totally changes the power structure from the eastern conference to the western conference. If the Canucks had any chance of catching the Coyotes, it surely must be out the window now.

Calgary, obviouly feeling left out of the proceedings, tried to make some noise by obtaining Blake Sloan from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jamie Allison. Can Sloan be the missing piece for a late Flame playoff push?

Uh, no.
-Sensei.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0