Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL in General.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Moderator has been drinking

Apprentice,

You might want ot go back and read your last post because I swear the Monday Night Drinking started early.

As for Iginla, he is on fire right now and if he makes the olympic team he will command a 5.5 to 7 million dollar contract. If I was Calgary I would be trying to sign him right now before the team is annouced, they might be able to get him a little cheaper:D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lean the Apprentice does not drink, that post was one of my better ones of the week:( Iam dissapointed that lean did not appreciate my post but that will not interupt my lunch time junta.:mad:

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Domi

I have been a big Domi fun since he dummied Ulf Samuellson, but I think he on the downhill side of his career. It seemed to me that Worrell really took it to hom in that scrap. DOmi isnt an offensice threat really, and his physical presence isnt really intimidating anymore. What is his role now??

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Domi

I think Domi has been on the downside of his carrer ever since he stepped on the ice. He is a little baby that has in the last two or three years been taking a beating from all the enforcers in the league. He got dumbed last year twice by Brashear in a game and he got rocked a couple of nights ago agaisnt worrel. He should hang up his gloves and go home. Leafs Suck GO HABS GO

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Iginla

Lean

5.5 to 7 million for a guy that has been above average for the last 6 years and now should receive that kind of money.He could be coming into his own but he could also come down to earth.Some team will throw some big money at him if Calgary doesn't lock him up earlier.Can't understand why these guys are making that type of money when they really haven't proved much in the league.:confused:

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Iginla

Iginla does not deserve that much money he is having a great season, but the season isn't over maybe if he keeps it up for a couple of season he may get that type of money, but one season doesn't classify him as a top player in the league.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada's hopes rest on CUJO'S shoulders

What a shocker out of Colorado , here's the story:

Roy to pass on Olympics
(Nov 21) Following Wednesday night's game between the Colorado Avalanche and the New York Islanders, Patrick Roy announced he will not participate in the upcoming Winter Olympics Games.

TSN has learned that Roy spoke to Wayne Gretzky Wednesday morning and told the general manager of the Canadian Olympic hockey team that he is taking himself out of the running for a roster spot.

"I don't expect people to agree with my decision," Roy said after the game, "but I expect people to respect my decision."

Roy is one of four goalies who were invited to the Canadian Olympic Team's orientation camp in September and was favoured to be one of three goalies to be named to the team next month.

The Avalanche have been in a season-long slump with Roy recording seven wins and nine losses in 17 games despite having an impressive goals-against-average of 2.01.

Roy has been hampered by a hip injury for much of the season leaving backup David Aebischer to start five of the Avalanche's 22 games.

The other goalies invited to camp are Curtis Joseph of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Martin Brodeur of the New Jersey Devils and Ed Belfour of the Dallas Stars.

Fanatic

Sep 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suspensions

Hello. Is anybody home?

I've been away for a few days and come back expecting to see some comments about the suspension handed out to whatshisname for butt-ending Darcy Tucker. And not so much as peep out of you guys.

Why only 7 games for the use of a stick in an obvious intent to injure? How does this compare with McSorley's suspension? For that matter, where are the cops with an arrest warrant for assault?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tony Amonte

The Blackhawks Gm, Mike Smith, has announced all contract talks with Tony Amonte are off this season. That basically means they are looking to ship him to another team. The Devils and stars are interested and he makes a good fit into any line-up. He might be valuable come play-off time but he wants 5 yrs @ 40 million.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Amonte

I'm sure some big spending team thats in contention will rent him for the remainder of the season.They probably wont have to give up much for him seeing that he's unrestricted next year.

toobadsteinbrennerdoesntowntheCanucks:D

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keenan

Why do teams think that Keenan can transform absolute shite teams into contenders.He did win it with the Rangers and went to the finals with Philly but the teams were practicly set.Every other team he has coached went for an absolute dump with all the bad moves he has made.How long do you think he will last with the hapless Panthers?

MaybeBurewillnowplaysomeDefence:confused:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keenan

Here it is in a nut shell:

Sign says; When in trouble, fire current coach, break glass, hire Keenan for the rest of the season. ;)

Pavel Bure says he likes Iron Mike.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not bad for A guy who wanted to go back to Sweden

Lidstrom agrees to new deal
(Dec 6) Nicklas Lidstrom and the Detroit Red Wings have agreed to terms on a new multi-year contract that will make him the highest paid defenceman in the NHL next season, TSN has learned.

While the specific numbers are not yet available, Lidstrom's new extension, which will take him out of unrestricted free agency next season, will be worth an average of at least $10 million (U.S.) per year.

That is significantly more than the $8.3 million he's currently earning on what was the last year of his contract.

The official announcement of the new contract is expected to be made Friday in Detroit.

The NHL's highest paid defenceman this season is St. Louis' Chris Pronger, who earns $9.5 million, the same salary he'll get in each of the next two seasons. Colorado's Rob Blake is currently earning $9.3 million and will get the same figure next season

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was madness

Did anyone see the Calgary vs. Anaheim game on Saturday? I saw the highlights. It looked like old time hockey. Don Cherry would have loved it.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hansons???

Get the foil! I saw the Ducks lad skate full tits up to Vernon and cross check him in the face then throw off his gloves and turn to scrap the first guy he saw. It was the most fcuked thing Ive seen since that college guy did the same thing a year or so ago. Didn't he get a life time ban??

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im sure Vernon had that elbow coming. Couldnt happen to a nice guy. I hear his sister is a goer.

It was crazy, I saw the highlights and have to wonder what started it. Even Iginla dropped them, and I have to question the wisdom of that. Dont they have lots of less talented, lower paid plumbers for such things?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slapshot: Part Deux

From the TSN webpage...........

(Dec 10) - tsn.ca - Calgary Flames head coach Greg Gilbert has been suspended for two games as a result of Saturday's brawl-filled game against Anaheim, TSN has learned, and players from both teams have also been suspended.

As reported first on TSN today, Anaheim's Kevin Sawyer received a five-game suspension for running Calgary netminder Mike Vernon, which precipitated a wild brawl late in the game, which was won 4-0 by the Ducks.

In addition to Sawyer's suspension, Calgary forward Craig Berube received a three-game suspension. Sawyer's hit on Vernon was apparently in response to Berube's minor penalty when he charged into Anaheim goalie Jean Sebastien Giguere. When Berube exited the penalty box, he engaged in a fight with Anaheim's Jeff Friesen, who clearly wanted no part of the tussle.

Calgary forward Scott Nichol was also disciplined. He received a two-game suspension after receiving a gross misconduct for allegedly spitting in the direction of the Ducks' bench, after he instigated a fight with Anaheim's Oleg Tverdovsky.

The Flames were also fined $25,000 while Anaheim netminder Jean Sebastien Giguere, the third man into a fight, and Duck defenceman Ruslan Salei, assessed a match penalty for an apparent head butt, were each fined $1,000.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tiner, thanks for coming out....

KNVB, when Sawyer hit Vernon it didn't really look like a stick to the face he did gave him a cheap shot and he didn't deserve more than 5 games.

It was pretty funny to see Berube come out of the penalty box and Greg Gilbert telling him to stay on the ice. Berube then goes after Friesen, what a guy:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0