Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL in General.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough to follow the NFL

The NHL would have a very difficult time trying to follow the NFL model. The TV revenue from the NFL accounts for 75 to 80 percent of the team revenue so it is easy to predict the profit sharing for the entire leage. The NHL national TV contract only accounts for 35 to 40 percent of the revenue, it is a gate driven business. This makes it hard to profit share fairly

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Revenue Sharing

Lean

While it amy not work exactly the same, it is a good model to base things on. If all TV revenues were thrown in the communal pot, then all teams would have a common staring place every year and could work from there.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kapanen is King

Canes 3 Capitals 2

A great 3rd period comeback spurred on by the great Kapanen,helped the Canes move into 2nd place in the eastern conference.With his 3 point night,Kapanen has now jumped in to 3rd overall scoring,not bad for a chump on a bad team.Eat your heart out HAB fans:D

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened to Brochu

Jimmy,

Who do you think is in goal tonight for the Canucks?
What's your prediction?
Is Skudra the answer?
What about those Sedins?
Did Brashear forget what got him to the NHL? Will he just drop the gloves and do his job, rather than think he is a player.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy you keep pushing the envelope with your degrating comments towards the HABS and I am just wondering if you are a real CANES fan? You seem to know the score and who scored but deepd down inside do you support the Canes and only the Canes?

The Apprentice has his eye on YOU!

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Sarge

I think they will start Dan Cloutier with him standing on his head tonight,but will lose 3-2 to the Hawks.Is Skudra the answer...no,the only answer is to get rid of Burkey.The Gaita twins would do better out there than the Sedins are doing right now,As for Brash,he's considered a power forward now,he thinks he's at the same level as Leclair or a Guerin,the one and only good thing he could do is scrap. I've seen him on the power play sometimes:confused: what is Crawford thinking.

Apprentice

Worry about your team not mine:D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They are not even your team Jimmy...Like I said I know what you are up to and soon it will be revealed to the rest. And you can take that to the Bank.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canes #1 in my heart

Apprentice

Kapanen,Francis and Oneill are well ahead of any HABS in the scoring race and the Canes are # 2 in the standings right now but #1 in my heart.Jealousy hurts doesn't it;)

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
screw the Canes. Did anybody see the Maple leafs vs Devils highlights so far . For those who didn't here;s a good summary. The leafs go up 1-0 and off the center ice face off, I think it was Williams attacks domi and domi turtle getting the devils guy to draw a 7 minute penalty. The leafs score again. Randy Mckay then wants to fight Domi. What a Mistake. Domi just killed McKay. One shot was so hard it spun him around. Domi gave it too him even after it was clear Mckay was finished. This game should have a wicked ending.:eek:

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canes!!

The Oil are still #1 in my heart, by Jimmy has me jumping on the 'Canes bandwagon. Go Hartford!, or wherever...

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canes

Started their comeback a little to late.Showed some character trying to get back into it but ran out of time.Kapanen got one point,was nice to see Brindamour,Gelinas and Battaglia get on the scoresheet.

Still tied for first in the conference:D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy, I'm in one of those moods so I might as well take a shot at the Canes. They are a good team don't get me wrong but they don't have what it takes to beat the cup contending teams. Their losses have come against the AV's, Wing's, Isles, Blues. If they wanted to be considered a contender which they can be they have to step up and beat the better teams. And don't try to come back and say well atleast they are better than the HABS, cause I know this year they are better than the HABS.:(

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers

What does everyone think of the Rangers? They have been playing some great hockey latley. Lindros looks as if he is playing up to his capabilities, and the rest of the team is just playing solid. They are on a 6 game winning streak, what is going to stop these guys right know?

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lindros

All the press Ive read about Lindros is that he is playing scared, but I havent read anyting in a few weeks. He was sporting a shiner last night so maybe hes playing a bit more physically now. Rangers are playing well now, but I dont think they are a contender yet. Too many old bastards like Messier and Richter. Injuries will kill them in the long haul

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canes

Apprentice

Your absolutely right,they do have to beat the better teams to be considered a contender.They've kept the games close but thats not good enough.Their still near the top though:D

BTW,there still better than the HABS:p

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Calgary Flames have signed standout goalie Roma Turek to a three year deal worth 13.5 million with a club option for a fourth year. This is a big step to keeping the club and Calgary and speculation has it that Jerome Iginla is also close to signing with the Flames. Hei si making only 1.5 this year, he shoul be in line for a big pay-day.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turek

He's playing very well but 4.5 million worth,I don't know.He did this with the Blues a couple of years ago and then shite his pants in the playoffs:confused: .As for Iginla,what player can you base his salary against,he is also doing well this year but will he keep it up.

If the Flames can throw around this kind of money,I'm sure the Nucks could also:mad:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy,

What do you think about Iginla. The guy is playing almost 30 mins a game. He his scoring at a rapid pace and his chance at an olympic spot has to have improved. But if he does get the call for the olympics do you think he will be able to maintain that pace come feb. or march when the flames really need him to perform . The goal for Calgary must be the play-offs, and I think he might tire out. His type of play is copared to maybe that of a John Leclair. Although John leclair is more physical Iginla always seems to pot his goals while he is situated in front of the net. He deserves the big money if he willing to stay in Calgary. Maybe4-5 million a year.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy

Your canes are looking better then ever with a big win over Columbus:rolleyes:. Finally the Canes got some scoring from other players other than Sami, O'neil, and Francis. I hate to say this Jimmy, but your Canes will lose in the First round to the mighty HABS.

Did anyone catch the Toronto and Florida game. Well, it was a slug feast with Domi taking on Warrel(sp?) and Brad Ference giving Tucker a beating he will never forget. There were a few other fights, but those being the best ones. I think that Florida did what they had to do. When a player takes a run at one of your top player you have to make them realize they won't get away with it even if the hit was clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0