Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Hot Stove

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
reported by tsn.ca
Maple Leafs ink Marchment

7/11/2003

The Toronto Maple Leafs have dipped into the free agent market, TSN has learned.

Sources have told TSN that the Maple Leafs and defenceman Bryan Marchment have agreed to terms on a one-year deal worth $2 million.

Marchment finished last season with the Colorado Avalanche but became an unrestricted free agent on July 1st. Marchement is a native of Toronto.

The Avalanche acquired the hard-hitting defenceman in a trade with San Jose that sent Colorado's selections in the third and fifth rounds of the 2003 draft to the Sharks.

Entering his 15th season in the NHL, the 34-year-old collected 14 points last season (2 goals/12 assists) with 141 penalty minutes and finished +2.

Brian Burke better have something good in the cooker because i thought Marchment would look great in a Canucks uniform, and he signed for a Canuck friendly price. Its true that he is a prikc when he in on the other team but a great addition when he is on the team that you support. Hate to say it but the Leafs got MUCH better today and once again we are standing still

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marchment makes them better???

Are you thinking of Marchment of last year or Marchment of five years ago. He is not the same player he once was and I, for one, am glad Burkey decided to steer clear. He didn't have a very good season in San Jose and became even worse (read: liability) in Colorado. His minutes were getting more and more reduced as the season wore on.

I'm guessing he wants to finish his career close to home. Good for him. But this doesn't say a lot about the Leafs' ability to pick up good players. They've developed a habit in the past few years of signing players that are a year or two removed from their prime with the hopes that they will magically rekindle their desire once they don a leafs uniform. Examples include: Lumme, Corson, Aki Berg, Tom Fitzgerald. They got lucky with Gary Roberts and Belfour. Most thought these two were washed up, but they proved something once they hit Toronto.

None of this really matters anyway because, as everyone knows, the leafs suck!!!
:wa: :bronco: :cool:

Group 5 free Monkey

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You would, wouldn't you?

Millhouse is a Leafs fan, Millhouse is a Leafs fan, Millhouse is a Leafs fan!!!

Buckfast

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank You Buckfast.

Now I must endure the name calling, slanderous threats and bullying in real life and my TTP life as a life long Leafs fan.

Its probably like being gay, no one would choose to be a Leafs fan.:eek:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks keep May in the mix

VANCOUVER (CP) -- The Vancouver Canucks re-signed unrestricted free agent Brad May to a two-year, $2-million US contract Friday.

The physical winger will earn $1.1 million next season and $900,000 in 2004-05.

May was unable to reach agreement with the Canucks after the season ended and hit the free-agent market July 1. But the Canucks were finally able to reel him in Friday.

"It was a positive phone call when my agent heard from Vancouver," May said Friday on a conference call. "It's such a comfortable place and a great team.

"This is essentially my third time back. This is home to me in the NHL for sure."

The Ottawa Senators were among other teams who were reportedly interested in adding May's toughness.

"There was definitely other options to explore but I found excitement in Vancouver last year and was looking forward to return there," May said.

May, 31, had three goals, four assists and 42 penalty minutes in 23 games with Phoenix and Vancouver last season. He played in all 14 playoff games with the Canucks, recording 15 penalty minutes.

"I know exactly what my role will be again," May said. "I'm an energy guy, I can change the game in one shift.

"There's no question I am a role player but I have a lot to give."

May was originally acquired by the Canucks in February 1998 and played in 152 games in a Vancouver uniform before being traded to the Coyotes in June 2000 in exchange for a conditional pick in the 2001 NHL entry draft. He came back to the Canucks at the trade deadline last March.

In 734 career NHL games, May has 115 goals, 140 assists and 1,800 penalty minutes. The 6-1, 215-pound native of Toronto was chosen 14th overall in the first round of the 1990 entry draft by Buffalo.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
May vs. Klatt

Both are getting the same money, but who will or could have had the bigger impact for the Nucks.

I like both players, but I have to say that Klatt had the bigger impact down the stretch and in the play-offs for the Nucks.

Klatt fukced himself when he played hardball with the Nucks during the year and went out and got some new agent to negotiate his contract.

Lets hope May can stay healthy and get the same results with the Sedin sisters as Klatt has had in the Past.

What other Huge Moves:rolleyes: does Burke have in mind before training camp in 6 weeks.

HOS

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
today's signings

Canucks just signed Marek Malik and Dan Cloutier to new contracts. Apparently, Brian Burke went against team policy by not releasing salaries when he announced Cloutier would get $2.5 million next year.

Who does that leave as Canuck restricted free agents for next year if anyone knows??

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are two guys left, one being Sami Salo and the other escapes me..............those two are the ones that arbitration rights and are not unrestricted like Baron.

John

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that Burke expected one of Salo, Malik or Clouts to go to arbitration. They have to work it out by 9:00 tonite

If Salo and Clouts have signed, I guess that means Malik is doubtfull to sign

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tosser........

Great pisstake, Zenga. Keep up the good work, your contributions and relationship with punctuation are the reason so many log on to this website each day.

Fcuking dozy dago nonce.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fast show fukc off. If we were all so perfect like you the world would be a better place. No actually you are the reason so many people log on to this site.

Dago!? I will remember that. Big words for someone that is far away.

zengawhohasbeenworking13hoursadayisabitonedge.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
one born every minute.........

If we were all so perfect like you the world would be a better place. No actually you are the reason so many people log on to this site.

Finally after 735 posts you've said something halfway intelligent. Well played.

Yes, don't forget you're a dago. Keep it real and all that. Not, however, a particularly big word for most though I suppose the four letters do run into the tricky two syllable range.

Far away? I'm up on Lonsdale, mate, where I've always been.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fast let me give you a piece of advice never call am Italian a Dago it the worst thing that one can be called so having called me one keep your head up!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
you couldn't make it up.........

Christ, had I known that I'd never had called you a dago then. Please do forgive me and consider my head well and truly 'up'. What an admonishment I've been subjected to this afternoon. Life will never be the same again.

Anyway, back on topic; when will The Canucks re-sign Malik?

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeesh

Originally posted by zenga
Fast let me give you a piece of advice never call am Italian a Dago it the worst thing that one can be called so having called me one keep your head up!
Not bad. Only seven errors in this two line post. I love having to re-read posts twice.:rolleyes:

Did the 'Nucks re-sign Salo and Lindgren yet?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0