Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Hot Stove

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like Jinks sez:

whoever panics first (Colorado, Philly, Rangers...maybe St. Louis or Boston) will pull the trigger to get Cujo. Either him or Burke. After the all-star break, I bet you can pick up Cujo for a second-round draft pick.

He's just a distraction in Motown.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
8 million distractions

Originally posted by sensei_hanson
He's just a distraction in Motown.

He is an 8 million dollar a year distraction, so they are paying 16 mil for Cujo and Hasek, plus what ever Legacy's contract is.

It would be funny if Hasek had a few rough outings early on and the fans start calling for Cujo to get a start.

hos

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really don't think that the Avs will have any need to get another goalie. Aebischer will be fine. Besides if he can hold teams to 2 - 3 goals a game they will win. Cujo will likely end up where all ex Oilers go MSG.

Parkhead

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if anybody is watching the game on TSN right now, but Minnesota has compiled a whopping 3 shots on goal after two full periods of play.

Now, I kinda respected what the Wild did last year, because they had a few talented guys and some team speed. But without Gaborik, Dupuis and Ronning (the only bloody offense in what many regard as a pretty anemic offense to begin with) there, Lemaire has gone too far. This is not even hockey.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't exactly feel like Nostrodamus for posting this,

It isn't simply a matter of getting the "right" coach for the system.

Do you seriously think the NY Rangers would bring in a "Lemaire" and then pay the likes of Lindros and Bure massive contracts to play the trap?

You don't need high paid superstars to play a shite system.

This run by Minni will no doubt encourage more than a few teams to model themselves after the Wild in both method and manpower. Americans don't watch hockey anyways and any who will be converted (because their trap-crap local franchise is winning) will never have known the difference between good entertaining hockey and rubbish anyways.

But we will.

With new collective bargaining agreement negotiations looming, the success of the low budget trap has given an advantage to the owners. It will be a matter of low-cost results being weighed against high-priced entertainment.

Gee, I wonder which philosophy will win out.

a few months ago as I think alot of people saw this coming but there were two 0 - 0 ties on Friday night.

Thank you Jaques LeMaire

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky,

Can you update your bookmark to TTP? Whenever you post a link to another thread here, people get a "you are not registered/logged in" message... this is due to cookies being set by the domain name, not IP. Your links, as you know, are based on the IP rather than the domain name.

Probably confused you and others so just go to http://www.takethepiss.com , surf to a page to bookmark and, erm, bookmark it :D

To stay on topic, I watched last nights Canuck tilt and the hot stove topic this week should be the apparent hardons Wild players have for the Canucks... Willie Mitchell had this crazed look in his eyes all night long... too bad the Canucks don't really look at them the same way (as heated rivals).

Cheers,

~Regs.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obviously, I never understood a word of that so I'm simply going to do what I always do when I can't understand what someone is saying and assume that you are hitting on me.

Does this mean the wedding is off? :confused:

Try this link and tell me if you see a picture of Cloutier in fine form.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Newflash!

Red and green don't combine well on garments, especially team jerseys! Bloody hell! I will second that shocking! On the flip side the Coyotes new kit is splendid.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure which jersey I hate worse. It took me a few minutes to even figure out that Dallas was playing when they were wearing their shocking jersey. I sort of like the Wild jersey as a shirt for the fans but to actually play in, forget it.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky (Kreskin),

I forgot that you had posted such an insightful, accurate (like Tracey Morgan) and critical analysis so long ago. Kudos to you.

The only reason I brought up the argument now is that the Wild are a much different team from when you made your original statement.

I don't think the Wild blueplan from a year ago would have been that bad a model to follow. Despite playing boring hockey, they had a budding superstar in Gaborik, some good role players, tons of youth and a solid goaltending tandem.

At that time, it would have been hard to make the argument that they were simply treading water just to stay semi-competitive by utilizing all NHL retreads, because guys like Gabby, Dupuis, Kuba, Bouchard and Mitchell were all young guys who were on the path to becoming quality NHLers at their respective positions and roles.

What you've got right now is dangerous. If Lemaire keeps this team anywhere close to playoff contention it basically announces to the league that you don't even need one or two stars to keep competitive - just an innovative coach and a collection of hard-working grinders who manage 11 shots on net, but only give up 18. Before, Gaborik would have been the answer to the "well, who's gonna score for this team?" question. Now the answer is "who cares?"

It would have been so much more beneficial to Minnesota and the NHL if the Wild went in the shitter without Gaborik, Dupuis and Ronning, thus proving that you need at least some offensive flair to be a solid team. But it hasn't happened. Yet.

Maybe Riesbrough knew this was the way things were going to turn out - and could bring it to the table when dealing with Gabby and his agents. My guess is if they begin to struggle and fall way back of the pack, you'll see Dupuis and Gaborik back in those ugly 3rds sooner than later.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what is the deal with going to the constellation Tauras?

Is that a slap in the face of the remaining North Star fans?

In an apparent attempt to distance themeselves from the North Star's former hockey team...the team uses the bull as its new 3rd jersey logo.

Or am I way out in left field ?

I guess using constellation Casiopia (sp?) just wasnt intimidating enough....

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Plain Jane

Not overly impressed with Anaheim's 3rd either.
Looks kinda like a minor league jersey.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry Sensei

Great minds think alike I guess
:rolleyes:

Ours was just an accident though, I'm pretty sure.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anaheim using purple should be a little taboo in that region............unless they are playing at the Great Western Forum.

Phoenix's new jersey remind of the Detroit Red Wings or the jersey of th C.C.C.P in the 70's

Nothing beats the Canuck Hockey Stick Jersey

Sandman

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0