Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL 2006/07 - Preseason banter and signings

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: What's Next?

ARBITRATION

Here is a summary of the "name-brand" players that filed for Arbitration with their teams. We might see some of these guys on the trading block or have the restricted status waived. There is a few guys in there the Canucks SHOULD or might have interest in. In addition, some of these teams probably saved room in their cap (hence the low numbers in my earlier report) for signing these guys, Buffalo however is going to lose a few guys.

Phoenix will have trouble signing Nagy and Comrie. Nagy is due for 3-3.5 Million via arbitration, Comrie probably 2.2-2.5. Buffalo's RW Kotalik is expected to earn 2.5 as well. Might be a great fit in Vancouver.

Anaheim Ducks - Chris Kunitz, Vitaly Vishnevski

Buffalo Sabres - Maxim Afinogenov, Daniel Briere, Brian Campbell, Tim Connolly, Jean-Pierre Dumont, Paul Gaustad, Ales Kotalik, Toni Lydman, Adam Mair, Andrew Peters, Jason Pominville, Henrik Tallinder.

Chicago Blackhawks - Mark Bell, Kyle Calder, Mikael Holmqvist, Jim Vandermeer, Radim Vrbata.

Columbus Blue Jackets - Jason Chimera.

Detroit Red Wings - Daniel Cleary, Jason Williams.

Edmonton Oilers - Ales Hemsky, Shawn Horcoff, Jarret Stoll.

Florida Panthers - Craig Anderson, Jay Bouwmeester, Richard Jackman, Juraj Kolnik, Steve Montador, Mike Van Ryn, Stephen Weiss.

Los Angeles Kings - Sean Avery, Eric Belanger, Michael Cammalleri.

Montreal Canadiens - Michael Ryder

Nashville Predators - Martin Erat, Adam Hall, Scott Hartnell, David Legwand

New Jersey Devils - Scott Gomez

Ottawa Senators - Martin Havlat, Chris Kelly, Chris Neil, Peter Schaefer, Antoine Vermette.

Phoenix Coyotes - Mike Comrie, Ladislav Nagy, Dennis Seidenberg

Tampa Bay Lightning - Ruslan Fedotenko, Cory Sarich

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
Pie in the sky, but what would it take? Jay Bouwmeester

Bouwmeester made 1 Million in 2005/2006. Considering the recent increase in the value of quality defensemen I would consider him to be greatly appreciated in value.

Consider his stats: 82 GP, 46 Point season, Plays a tough physical game with his 6'4" 210lbs. He also finished at +1 on a dreadfull team.

Based on numbers alone that puts him somewhere between the Bryan Rafalski category (4 Million?) and Brad Stuart (1.9 Million) who both had similar numbers . I Would expect him to easily get 3.5+ Million from Arbitration. I consider him to be a top pair defender on almost any team, and remember he is only 24 Years Old. I would expect that Florida will want to lock him up for 4+ years.

He would partially fill the Jovanoski hole but don't hold your breath.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Timing is everything. Consider our Captain Markus Naslund earning 6 Million. For 6 Million he better be reaching the 100 Point mark this season. Teams that got players to sign long term deals a few years ago are lauging. Detroit has a 2 for 1 deal there with Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Rick Nash 4.5 Million
Pavel Datsyuk 3.9 Million
Henrik Zetterberg 2.6 Million

Pavel Demitra 4.5 Million
Teemu Selanne 3.5 Million
Jonathon Cheechoo 2.5 Million
Daniel Alfredsson 4.75 Million
Danny Heatley 4.5 Million
Jason Spezza 4 Million
Eric Staal 4 Million
Erik Cole 4 Million
Cory Stillman 1.7 Million

On the other hand, some teams got caught siging a player after a monster peformance year, or with contracts left over from the pre-cap era. Some of them are overpaid just cause of team Manager stupidity, and this drives the price up for other players in the league.

Yashin 7.6 Million
Federov 6.6 Million
Iginila 7 Million
Sakic 5.7 Million
Mogilny 3.5 Million (Haha)
Sundin 7.6 Million
McCabe 7.1 Million
Kubina 5 Million
Richards 7.6 Million

(Toronto is a repeat offender)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

yoda said:
pissed...

What a baby, you'd think he was Russian. He will probably hold out or something. Did he actually expect to be the #1 goalie for the Canucks?

Turd.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I suggest we trade Noronen and use Oullette and/or Flaherty and/or Schneider as the backup. They are only going to play about 10 games this season anyways. Luongo will play the rest of the season.
Someone out there needs a #1 goalie. Might clear some cap room for another signing

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

yoda said:
I suggest we trade Noronen and use Oullette and/or Flaherty and/or Schneider

Oullette is a UFA, he will probably not be back in Vancouver.

Flaherty is a great choice because at his age he might not mind playing 10-15 games to wind up his NHL Career.

Schneider could be traded. He has massive potential, but we HAVE the goalie of our future here now. Luongo is on a 4 year deal and is still pretty young. Schneider would net a good player in trade despite his unproven NHL experience. He is undoubtably in the top 2 or 3 Goalie Prospects anywhere.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: NHL Free-agency! Who is signing where?

Peca to Leafs and Eddie the Eagle to Detroit.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: NHL Free-agency! Who is signing where?

Some big names moving around today:

New York Rangers Agreed to terms with left wing Brendan Shanahan, who had been with the Detroit Red Wings.

New York Islanders Signed defenseman Tom Poti, who had been with the New York Rangers, to a one-year contract.

In a rare three-way deal:

Chicago sent Mark Bell to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for Tom Priessing and Josh Hennessy, who the Blackhawks added to a package to land Havlat and Smolinski.

Along with Preissing and Hennessy, the Blackhawks sent prospect Michal Barinka and a 2008 second-round draft pick to Ottawa in exchange for Havlat and Smolinski.

It was no surprise that Ottawa dumped Havlat, they need to clear up some accounting.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Our prayers have been answered!!!
Stanley Cup here we come!!!

TORONTO -- Marc Chouinard apparently has parlayed his career season into a lucrative new deal.

Marc Chouinard
Center
Minnesota Wild

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
GM G A PTS +/- PIM
74 14 16 30 1 34

Chouinard agreed to terms with the Vancouver Canucks on a two-year, $2.2 million contract, according to a report Monday on TSN of Canada's Web site.

The 29-year-old Chouinard registered career highs of 14 goals, 16 assists and 30 points with Minnesota last season. Regarded as one of the best two-way centers in the league, Chouinard ranked eighth on the Wild with a plus-1 rating in 74 games.

A five-year veteran, Chouinard has 35 goals and 39 assists in 278 career games with Anaheim and Minnesota.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yoda said:
Our prayers have been answered!!!
Stanley Cup here we come!!!

Chouinard is a decent player...not a bad pick up for the Canucks. Unfortunately, I think 12 of his 14 goals last year were against the Canucks.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bondra is still a Free Agent for $1/2 Million a year.
One year deal to play with Nazzy and Mo.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Free Agents that might be worth a look:

ATL - Peter Bondra, RW, 38 - $505,000 - 39pts
BUF - Maxim Afinogenov, RW, 26 - $1,086,800 - 73pts
BUF - J-P Dumont, RW, 28 - $1,596,000 - 40pts
EDM - Radek Dvorak, RW, 29 - $1,596,000 - 28pts
PHI - Brian Savage, RW/LW, 35 - $500,000 - 14pts
STL - Scott Young, 38, RW - $750,000 - 49pts
CLB - Nikolai Zherdev, 21, RW - $942,400 - 54pts

I think Zherdev would work well on the top line
Fast, Young, Cheap, Good. What more could they ask for?
Of course he was hurt in April with a sprained knee

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Zherdev is restricted, the only way the Canucks could acquire him is through a trade. They could sign him to an offer sheet, but then Columbus has the right to match and we would have to give up a few 1st round draft picks depending on the salary. Plus Dunkin' Dave Nonis would look like a bad bastard in the eyes of the other GM's. I would love to see Zherdev in a Canucks uniform but it would probably cost us Naslund, the guy has serious potential.

It sounds as though Carter won't be returning to Vancouver next year, which is probably a good thing. Even if we do sign him it's going to be for less than what he thinks he's worth and what motivation will he have. Even if the guy pots 40 goals next year everyone will say it's because of the Sedin's, so he would probably turn into a floater anyway. Later, Anson.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dunkin' Dave Nonis. I like it. Better than Nobis. Dunkin' Dave has flow. Nobis: no flow.

See Dial you're wrong AGAIN!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
Dunkin' Dave Nonis. I like it. Better than Nobis. Dunkin' Dave has flow. Nobis: no flow.

See Dial you're wrong AGAIN!

I like Dunkin' Dave, too, since I definitely think of doughnuts whenever I think Novis, er Nobis, er Nonis.

ZENYO

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20060714_170535_5368
Canucks deal late pick for Pyatt July 14, 2006

Vancouver Canucks Senior Vice-President and General Manager Dave Nonis announced today that the Canucks have acquired left wing Taylor Pyatt from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for a fourth round pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

Pyatt, 24, played 41 regular season games, recording 12 points (6-6-12) and 33 penalty minutes as a member of the 2005-06 Buffalo Sabres. The left winger’s season was limited to 41 games due to injury when he missed 27 games with a broken wrist and five games with a mild concussion. The 2005-06 campaign marked Pyatt’s first season of playoff action. In 14 post-season games, Pyatt tallied five points (0-5-5) and 10 penalty minutes.

The Thunder Bay, Ontario native joins the Canucks after spending four seasons with the Sabres and one with the New York Islanders. Pyatt has registered career numbers of 308 games played, 98 points (42-56-98) and 170 penalty minutes. In 2001, the 6’4”, 227-pound left winger was named to the Young Stars Game at the NHL All-Star Game.

Pyatt was originally selected by the New York Islanders in the first round, eighth overall in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft.

Who?

Apperantly there is a press conference today. It couldn't be for this guy could it? Is it Nasy?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0