Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Youth HPL league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree.

You know, it's not too often I'll come to Bullock's defense, because he really is a twat ;) , but I'd like to ask the broad based question: what history does CCFC, formerly Walley FC, have in developing players?

SFC is one of the pioneering clubs in the area to have started taking an active involvement in pushing / promoting kids for scholarship opportunities. DEVELOPMENT.

Current numbers asside, doesn't the quality and history of the club need to be taken into account here?

having a TD without certification and coaches that play on their premier team is very ccounter productive

Bullocks...bring me up to speed here...who is the TD, and who are the coaches referred to in this quote? Paul Bahia? Who else?

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Breaking news guys I have heard that PIttMeadows/Golden Ears/ North Coq/Mission/Central City/Port Moody have joined hands for HPL bid. 10000 kids and NAP as one of the prime facilites with all the other facilities. That would hold some weight probablly more weight than the Suredell/SFC group. I have been coaching at SFC for the last few years and i have seen the grafh of development drop and having a TD without certification and coaches that play on their premier team is very ccounter productive. While I see some of the other groups doing so well and growing and like burke said SFC shrinking by 50% in 4 years. I AM SURE THERE IS MORE THAN POLITICS PEOPLE ARE NOT HAPPY

Yes, that's very difficult. That Pitt/GEU bid is massive with those clubs linked to it. Wouldn't it have to be based at the Alouette Park just near where the old ferry used to land though and not NAP!?

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cynic? How so? Things in the North Fraser district are far from good. GEU and Pitt have partnered for thier own interests. Don't pull Shankland in if you haven't talked with him on his views as he coaches NFS for his kids sake not the programs!

As for SFC good club going through a lot of transition over the last # of years due to losing their leaders to the Whitecaps. Tough to continue to be strong when you lose top quality people in short spans. As for their current TD with no certs. I read here many times that certs were only paper. Not that I agree but at least he is working quickly to getting them.

I wasn't "pulling" him in. He is TD of Mission. He coaches with NFS as well. On paper appears collaborative. I didn't suggest what his motive for coaching was. Re: Cynic...no, I misinterpreted and thought you were basically being cynical to me, not GEU....miscommunication and we can move on!

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollocks,

Played for years and now just coach my boys at SFC. The reason I state all this is that things have been going down hill for years. Executives have'nt been listening to coach's and parents that want what is best for the kids. I just don't feel that SFC can handle the HPL with its current leaders. Changes need to be made. Because of close proximity I will be at SFC until my kids decide they don't want to play any longer.
I'm not disagreeing with what SFC has done in the past. But, with membership now at an all time low it needs to be addressed. All I hear from others on the field are how good other programs in surrey have gotten. At the end of the day if the HPL is to succeed it has to go to the best possible applicants and not to places where all they talk about is the people they know and how high up they are in BC Soccer and WFC.

Soccer Krazy

Jan 20, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, that's very difficult. That Pitt/GEU bid is massive with those clubs linked to it. Wouldn't it have to be based at the Alouette Park just near where the old ferry used to land though and not NAP!?

Better Mirror,
I have no idea how they would plan to proceed. I wish SFC was the club of old that was all about kids and very organized managment and I hope in years to come they could turn the ship in right direction but as I see there is no chance of that. I did more research and actually the Surdell Pegasis FC bid is only 3100 kids and South fraser club would stake claim to the delta selects and CCFC would stake claim to Surrey Selects. I am really hoping for HPL franchises going to people who are only there for development of the kids not for their personal gians or people who want to use HPL as a marketting tool to bring membership back.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Krazy I think you have a few bits and pieces mixed-up? First, just to clarify - Delta Selects do not equal Delta Youth? If they are the same then South Fraser would not include Delta Selects because Surrey Pegasus FC stated on their web page they are linked Delta Youth. CCFC could not claim Surrey Selects because Surrey Selects are Surrey Pegasus FC. Unless I am missing something. Plus a poster just a bit earlier stated CCFC has linked with Pitt/GEU (not a simple commute though from Whalley to Alouette).

I am very interested by the GEU/Pitt bid now that I know it includes NCU and Moody. I wonder if any South Fraser folks can clarify if South Fraser includes not just Peace Arch United and Semiahmoo but the other Delta Rep clubs (TSA, and Ladner)? Maybe by default they will?

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree.

You know, it's not too often I'll come to Bullock's defense, because he really is a twat ;) , but I'd like to ask the broad based question: what history does CCFC, formerly Walley FC, have in developing players?

SFC is one of the pioneering clubs in the area to have started taking an active involvement in pushing / promoting kids for scholarship opportunities. DEVELOPMENT.

Current numbers asside, doesn't the quality and history of the club need to be taken into account here?

Bullocks...bring me up to speed here...who is the TD, and who are the coaches referred to in this quote? Paul Bahia? Who else?

Whalley aka CCFC hasn't really developed anything to speak of. Players, Coaches, Leaders ... basically either ZERO or originally from SFC anyways.

BTW the rumour mill is saying that the Whalley TD is already "making calls" to jump ship as he didn't realize what kind of a shite-show he jumped into when he arrived at Whalley by way of the USA/England. I wish him luck!

As for our "TD" ... our Club doesn't have a TD in place. We have a "Head Coach", Paul Bahia who I'd stand up for any day of the week. He is on track to have his B-Provincial by the summer, and is one of the best on-field coaches I've seen in my years of footie. Whether Certs are worthwhile or not, Paul is a solid, solid coach and excellent in our community.

Let's see our SFC Technical Director history is ...
2005-2006 - Hubert Busby Jr - currently: Womens Head Coach, Whitecaps
2006-2009 - David Irvine - currently: Manager, Technical Programs, Whitecaps
2009-2010 - Rich Fagan - currently: Staff Coach, Youth Teams, Whitecaps

So our last three TD's are now with the Professional Club. Let's chalk that up to technical development. No local club has that kind of record!

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
burkee&nonis + SoccerKrazy,

As for not being happy at SFC, well I am truly sorry to hear that. I'm at the Park 5 days a weeks guys and encourage you to look me up. Just come into the Front Office at Newton and ask for me. We can meet in the Newton Classroom or upstairs in the Clubhouse - first coffee/pint on me. If you need my number, PM me.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have heard that PIttMeadows/Golden Ears/ North Coq/Mission/Central City/Port Moody have joined hands for HPL bid.

Heard this one too and thought it was ludacris. Surely the North Fraser guys are smarter than this? Adding Central City aka Whalley will kill their bid. It's not about sheer numbers guys, HPL is about ELITE PLAYER DEVELOPMENT.

Geez, why don't you get Squamish in there too and really boost the numbers :p

Soccer Krazy

Jan 20, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Krazy I think you have a few bits and pieces mixed-up? First, just to clarify - Delta Selects do not equal Delta Youth? If they are the same then South Fraser would not include Delta Selects because Surrey Pegasus FC stated on their web page they are linked Delta Youth. CCFC could not claim Surrey Selects because Surrey Selects are Surrey Pegasus FC. Unless I am missing something. Plus a poster just a bit earlier stated CCFC has linked with Pitt/GEU (not a simple commute though from Whalley to Alouette).

I am very interested by the GEU/Pitt bid now that I know it includes NCU and Moody. I wonder if any South Fraser folks can clarify if South Fraser includes not just Peace Arch United and Semiahmoo but the other Delta Rep clubs (TSA, and Ladner)? Maybe by default they will?

I do believe that Ladner and TSA are with SOuth Fraser but not sure about North Delta. I am not sure but I was told CCFC/WSC and SFC do the metro program together and its called the Surrey Selects. Now in the end its all hear say at this point as noone knows who is with who. I am just hoping that HPL franchises go in right hands and so that 4-5 years from today we are not talking about HPL in a similar fashion as Y league

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Breaking news guys I have heard that PIttMeadows/Golden Ears/ North Coq/Mission/Central City/Port Moody have joined hands for HPL bid. 10000 kids and NAP as one of the prime facilites with all the other facilities.

Not sure where you got this info, Soccer Krazy. Just happened to be on the phone with one of the 'powers that be' when I came across this. I asked and was told they just had a meeting with the Pt Moody people on this exact issue at the District meeting and they said that it wasn't true. The Westminster District is supporting the CMF bid and are plans are in the works to work much closer together in identifying players in the district and possibly working together with their academies.

PoCo maybe? Not sure about that either with PoCo moving into the Westminster District as well.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
News from Burnaby and North Shore. Technical Derector for Burnaby and North Shore is Fran Ciacca. Meber of new West Police Deopartment. Good choyse in my opinion. Fare and tough guy.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
News from Burnaby and North Shore. Technical Derector for Burnaby and North Shore is Fran Ciacca. Meber of new West Police Deopartment. Good choyse in my opinion. Fare and tough guy.
I heard this as well last night... the Burnaby portion is ALL the current clubs in Burnaby being behind it including Cliff Ave.

I'll ask Frank about tomorrow night if I get a chance at the park.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC? Unless they have made a quick 180 in the last couple of days, as far as I'm aware they are firmly behind Surrey United :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0